Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

I like the ProSlam45 fruit punch flavor from GNC the best- the other ones at GNC were not as good- these taste like Jello to me.

I went to Walmart today and here the ones you are talking about are $12... I didn't buy them cause I have a ton of the other ones...

Thanks for the info! I am going to check those out today!

The ones at Walmart use to be 11 something here and just recently went down to 9 something. They also sell singles too. If anyone is interested in trying them out without having to buy a 6 pack.

How are all the April Bunnies doing? Are we all done? Are we all here?

HI april bandsters.

I was banded 4days ago and the pain has almost gone and im drinking what im ment to. my Question is--

Did any of you stay woozy/dizzy for a while after your op?

Iv have real woozy spells and am to scared to go 4 a walk

outside in case i fall.im sensitive to drugs and think this must

be the anesthetic still working its way out??:blink:

I read on the net that anesthetic gets absorbed into your fat cells and and can take time dissolving.If you where woozy how long did it take to come right?:smile:

All advise gratefully recieved from this dizzy chick:huh2:

Did you do a pre:confused:op diet and get off sugar/carbs before your surgery? If not, you may be experiencing withdrawal from that. You may also be still experiencing the anesthesia. I was dizzy for about a week or so. The first few days I made my husband walk with me, just in case.

So how do you know when you need a fill? It sounds like a 1st fill is about a month post-op. Has anyone been filled yet??

I could tell I needed a fill since I was hungry and my 1/2 cup was not doing it for me. I had my first fill April 27th the doctor added 2ccs to the 2 I already had in from surgery. I am now not even a week later and could use another fill. My next appointment is 5/18/10 and I cant wait!

The fill process was not what I expected. This was so pleasent. The doctor numbed the port area with local and 1. 2 . 3! inserted the needle and hit my port the first time! :thumbup:

Best of luck to everyone and I hope everyone is feeling better!:thumbup:

Hi Froggie D, yip i surely did the preop and lost 8k-18pounds?

I went to my doctor for a wound check and she said last week i was woozy as the anesthetic worked its way out

this week im woozy cause im hungry:unsure: and thats true,i have tummy rumbles all the time.with my surgeon and dietican they like 2weeks on liquids but my body sez nah!!

I emailed my dietican told her what the doc said and will

see what she suggests,lots of other people i read about

start mushies after a week so heres hoping.

So no no more april bansters waitin ops wer old hands now,

goin to be giving advice to may bandsters:thumbup::thumbup:

So how do you know when you need a fill? It sounds like a 1st fill is about a month post-op. Has anyone been filled yet??

I just had my 3 week post op visit today and was told I get my first fill at 6 weeks.....May 20th - they warned me that I'd be very hungry between now and then :thumbdown:

Hey everyone just wanted to check in real quick. Doing alot better finally. Have occasional pains from gas and my chest gets real tight when I walk. But 100% improvement over the pain that I did have. My appetite is back which in a way is good because it tells me that I am healing and bad because my appetite is back. LOL. I have been able to tolerate everything I have tried so far but I know that will change when I get my fill so not getting excited over it will just have to start over with trying things. I go for my 1 month post op and first fill tomorrow. A little nervous I don't like needles and my dr doesn't numb anymore. Hopefully it won't be that bad. Will try to update again soon. Hope all April Bunnies are doing good. We are all banded woohoo. :thumbdown:

. I go for my 1 month post op and first fill tomorrow. A little nervous I don't like needles and my dr doesn't numb anymore. Hopefully it won't be that bad. Will try to update again soon. Hope all April Bunnies are doing good. We are all banded woohoo. :thumbdown:

Let us know how it goes. I am excited to hear all about it.

Hey everyone just wanted to check in real quick. Doing alot better finally. Have occasional pains from gas and my chest gets real tight when I walk. But 100% improvement over the pain that I did have. My appetite is back which in a way is good because it tells me that I am healing and bad because my appetite is back. LOL. I have been able to tolerate everything I have tried so far but I know that will change when I get my fill so not getting excited over it will just have to start over with trying things. I go for my 1 month post op and first fill tomorrow. A little nervous I don't like needles and my dr doesn't numb anymore. Hopefully it won't be that bad. Will try to update again soon. Hope all April Bunnies are doing good. We are all banded woohoo. :thumbdown:

So glad to hear from you. I have been worried about you. I am glad you are feeling better and having less pain. Pain is a drag and hopefully you are over the worst of it.

I had to cancel my appt for a fill tomorrow as I have a double ear infections and am on antibiotics and steriods. We agreed it would be better to wait another week. I am still eating really good and lost another 2 pounds last week, so I am fine for now. Had my hungriest day today.

I hope your fill goes well. Please post about it and your experience the week after. I will be thinking about you!

Update: Well I went for my 4wk post-op visit. Everything looked good I lost 1lb so glad for that. I got my appetite back full force when I started healing. I was so sure I gained. I had some disovable stitches coming out of my incisions my doc said well your body didnt like my stitches. LOL. He is to funny. So they pulled those out. I had dermabond on my incisions these are the inside stitches that came out. I had to lay down on a table then he said there would be a sting and that would be all of the pain and yep it stung than I had to stand up and stand in the fluoroscopy thing, drink a little strawberry barium while he filled my band. Then had to take sips of Water and tell him how it felt going down. It went really fast and did hurt a little but not as bad as I thought it would be. He didnt tell me how much he put in they dont like you stressing over how much Fluid is in your band and I dont really care as long as it is working. So all in all it wasn't nearly as bad as I had built it up to be. I do have a BIG bruise where they did it but I bruise really easy so that isnt suprising at all. I am on Clear Liquids for tonight than transition to full liquid-soft foods tomorrow and soft foods-solid foods Thursday as tolerated. Hope everyone is doing good. Glad to be on the next stage of my journey.. (((Hugs to all)))

Kristina...we got banded on the same date...let's hear it for the 04/22's...woohoo!

I have 0cc in band from surgery...but have still felt some restriction. Too scared to try & find out how much my pouch will hold...don't want to stretch it & being diabetic trying to keep my blood sugars down...shooting only 1/3 amount of insulin as I was before SX. My surgeon will put some in...not sure how much yet....@ 3 week c.u. on 5/ll. Will post how that goes on here...

I did see my diabetic doc today & his scales show me 25.5 lbs. down & 2" lost in waist...but I'm still pretty swollen in that area from port placement. My A1C (90 day averages) has dropped 30 points...which is a small miracle for my former out-of-control self! I'm also off approx. 8 maintenance meds...and will be weaned off the last 4 as the scale drops. I'm gonna claim every little "success" I can to keep me motivated all the way to the entire 120 lbs. I want to lose!!! Prayers & good thoughts are sent to all April Bunny Bandsters!!! :thumbup:

post-290075-13813139297763_thumb.jpg

Hey how are the early April Bandster Bunnies doing? Have not heard from some of you in so long - Mammasugar, Ravyn, Montynic, Waynooo, Melliebelle, Twinslerely, Happytrucker - are you all still out there and doing ok? Would love to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,

I am doing great. I am working on my Thesis for my master’s degree; so between that work, hubby and the baby, I cannot seem to log on as much. I am also relocating to Alabama from VA and getting a house built as well. I promise that I need about 48 hours in my day. I have not abandoned by Bandster Bunnies. You guys are a part of my life forever.

UPDATE: I went for me second post-op on 4/30. E'thing went great and I get my first fill on 5/11 . I am not sure if I really need it bcos I am yet to experience a bout of hunger sensation. However, I am not sure if it is because my portion sizes maybe slightly larger. The other thing was I had only lost .5Ibs since surgery as of 4/30. Well for some reason, this week I have lost about 3.5Ibs and I am excited. I started working out on the elliptical doing about 2.5 miles every day. I think the exercise makes a huge difference.

Guys, since we are all done with surgery, I was thinking about starting a thread for us in the Post -Op thread. That way we can still access each other and feed of the experience of the veterans. Or wld u rather continues with this thread. What do u guys think?

Love u all and I am so glad that we all made it safely thru the procedure. God is good.

Kristina...we got banded on the same date...let's hear it for the 04/22's...woohoo!

I have 0cc in band from surgery...but have still felt some restriction. Too scared to try & find out how much my pouch will hold...don't want to stretch it & being diabetic trying to keep my blood sugars down...shooting only 1/3 amount of insulin as I was before SX. My surgeon will put some in...not sure how much yet....@ 3 week c.u. on 5/ll. Will post how that goes on here...

I did see my diabetic doc today & his scales show me 25.5 lbs. down & 2" lost in waist...but I'm still pretty swollen in that area from port placement. My A1C (90 day averages) has dropped 30 points...which is a small miracle for my former out-of-control self! I'm also off approx. 8 maintenance meds...and will be weaned off the last 4 as the scale drops. I'm gonna claim every little "success" I can to keep me motivated all the way to the entire 120 lbs. I want to lose!!! Prayers & good thoughts are sent to all April Bunny Bandsters!!! :thumbup:

WOW- you're doing great. Congrats on your AIC. I go for my post op apt today and will keep you posted.

Either way on the pre or post Questions work for me!