Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

Had my surgery yesterday. Thans for all of your prayers. I'm really taken aback with the shoulder pain, it also travels into my neck. Heating pad worked wonders. Didn't get much sleep. I'm a side sleeper, just propped myself up with a lot of pillows. I'm also very thirsty, ben siping Water and had a little broth. Good luck everyone!

Congrats everyone on successful surgeries!

So glad to hear that this week's bunnies are doing great. I am 16 days post surgery and doing very well. I am eating whole foods and have lost 7 pounds since surgery - a total of 30 now!

If you are just starting out, hang in there - the time flies by. In less than 2 weeks I see the doctor for my first fill. If I still feel the same as today, I won't need it. I am eating small portions, tolerating everythng I have tried and not getting hungry for 5-6 hours. It is amazing.

Who is scheduled for next week?

Why I made it! One week down and one one more to go on the Pre op diet. The hardest part is drinking all the Protein Drinks they want you to, I'm drinks 3 or 4 a day and one small meal. But that is not to say as I'm on the road all day at my job I start craving fast food.... I have to talk my way past it. But "m glad I have not cheated once on the pr diet. Maybe I ready. Time to add my ticker as I'm down 10 lbs !!

One more week to go!

Hi Guys, I have been missing in action for a little over a week. I had some personal issues that I had to resolve. By the Grace of God it is all good.

Update: I am three weeks post-op. I have been doing fine with the exception of terrible gas pain in the afternoon. Every afternoon, I feel extremely terrible and all I do is take Gas X and pass gas all evening. I am not sure what is going on but it is not fun. I had lost a total of 25lbs since the pre-op diet. However, the past 2 weeks, the scale has stopped moving in the right direction. I have gained 3lbs since surgery. I am not sure why, because I eat small portions and my calorie intake per day is between 800 and 1000 a day. I have eliminated all simple carbs and very little complex carbs.

I am not discouraged just a tad bit disappointed that my scale is not going down. I still belive that I made the right choice and when I see my doctor next Friday, I will express my concern.

I am so glad for all you guys who are doing great. I am also praying for those of you who are yet to be banded. Take care and God Bless

Hi Guys, I have been missing in action for a little over a week. I had some personal issues that I had to resolve. By the Grace of God it is all good.

Update: I am three weeks post-op. I have been doing fine with the exception of terrible gas pain in the afternoon. Every afternoon, I feel extremely terrible and all I do is take Gas X and pass gas all evening. I am not sure what is going on but it is not fun. I had lost a total of 25lbs since the pre-op diet. However, the past 2 weeks, the scale has stopped moving in the right direction. I have gained 3lbs since surgery. I am not sure why, because I eat small portions and my calorie intake per day is between 800 and 1000 a day. I have eliminated all simple carbs and very little complex carbs.

I am not discouraged just a tad bit disappointed that my scale is not going down. I still belive that I made the right choice and when I see my doctor next Friday, I will express my concern.

I am so glad for all you guys who are doing great. I am also praying for those of you who are yet to be banded. Take care and God Bless

MamaSugar- Have you checked out the post on the April 2010 group about non scale victories? Maybe you are losing inches now??

wanted to check in and offer some encouragement to our end-of-the-month bandster bunnies! :biggrin: I know most of us have moved into the post-op world, but you are still out here having the pre-op jitters. i won't lie and say it hasn't been tough, but its all worth it when you see your BMI going down and knowing that its for your health. Best of luck to all of you!

Why I made it! One week down and one one more to go on the Pre op diet. The hardest part is drinking all the Protein drinks they want you to, I'm drinks 3 or 4 a day and one small meal. But that is not to say as I'm on the road all day at my job I start craving fast food.... I have to talk my way past it. But "m glad I have not cheated once on the pr diet. Maybe I ready. Time to add my ticker as I'm down 10 lbs !!

One more week to go!

Way to go in avoiding fast foods! It is hard, but it will be worth it to go through surgery with a smaller liver! We are with you!:biggrin:

I was banded on April 7 and I am having the same gas problem from about 2:30 every day until about 6:00. I don't understand it either. I have lost some weight though, since the surgery - at total of 7 pounds now.

I am sorry you have not lost. It is frustrating not to see the pounds go off. I hope your doctor has some solution for you!

Hi everyone,

I get banded April 30th. I am self pay so no pedop diet or required weigbtloss. My bmi is 35. I am nervous and. Excited for this next chapter. Please keep me in your prayers next Friday.

hi everyone,

Im being banded tommorrow,im peaceful about it,

im self pay and have a nice hospital and stay overnite.

So far iv lost 25kilos-pounds??155k to 134? 6k preop.:biggrin:

the previous 20k going to curves gym,which we have in new zealand as you do the states and elsewhere.

slowly but surely the april bandsters are on the losing side:thumbup: asd we say in NZ.

god bless you and this fab site.i will post when i can after op.

wanted to check in and offer some encouragement to our end-of-the-month bandster bunnies! :biggrin: I know most of us have moved into the post-op world, but you are still out here having the pre-op jitters. i won't lie and say it hasn't been tough, but its all worth it when you see your BMI going down and knowing that its for your health. Best of luck to all of you!

Thanks!! Surgery Tuesday... I thought I would be scared but I am actually excited :lol:

I got just got banded Thu., 4/22...day before yesterday so I'm definitely interested in this Bandster Bunnies group! 10 days after my 56th b'day (pre-op liquid diet on b'day was a REAL challenge for me). I've read tons of blogs, FAQs, etc...but like this website the best. Have learned alot in past few months...but still so much more to learn. Glad to be a bandster...have been considering & praying about this for over 6 yrs. Sore, but excited!!! mj:thumbup: