Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

I had my surgery yesterday I'm in the hospital because my insurance required me to stay overnight. Remarkably I feel fine, just a little sore, I ran in to my primary care physician and he stated that I looked good to just have had surgery! I've been walking, sitting up, I even had to pick something up off the floor that I dropped, so those of you that haven't had it, don't be afraid like I was, you will be fine! My throat is a little sore, but nothing major, Good Luck to everyone!

Hey how are the early April Bandster Bunnies doing? Have not heard from some of you in so long - Mammasugar, Ravyn, Montynic, Waynooo, Melliebelle, Twinslerely, Happytrucker - are you all still out there and doing ok? Would love to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Froggie D! I know, it seems like I have fallen off the face of the Earth these days... I am in the process of opening a nonprofit counseling agency and have been so busy that I haven't even checked any of my social networking sites this week!

I am doing well. The scale still has not moved, but at least I finally feel normal again. I am able to sleep on my sides and/or stomach and am able to roll around in bed without pain. I am still learning how to bend and twist without feeling an oddly painful sensation internally from my port placement. I have an appt tomorrow to hopefully advance from mushy foods to normal foods. My incisions sites are hardly noticeable and have no pain. I am anxious to resume normal activities, but my doctor does not allow that until week 6 post-op.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Back from the hospital... Surgery & hernia repair went well so far as I can tell. Not a lot of pain yet- worse is when I tried to bend over... still a little groggy. When do the "horrible" gas pains set it?

Only two more days....

Starting to get nervous but I will just be glad to get on with my new life.

But to top it of Mother Nature makes a early call, probably because of all the other bad stuff I have not been adding to my body. but mow I know why a was so emotionally yesterday.

Still sticking to the pre op diet and have lost almost 20 lbs but hope I can stand all this shake a few more days, they are starting to taste like paste!!

Being on the last day of the month I kind of jealous of everyone who is already done.But I will be there soon!

Thanks for all the support

Time to add my ticker!

Hey everyone! Sorry it has been a minute. Had my surgery on Thursday 4/22. It went smooth. Had some minor achiness, but stopped the liquid pain meds on Friday and just took Tylenol. Unfortunately I didn't hydrate enough on Friday and almost passed out right after taking the pain meds. Note to everyone...Sip, sip, sip! It is crucial! I am doing good. finally getting my Protein in. Think the swelling is going down now. I have lost 8 lbs since surgery date and never really feel hungry. I can 'eat' about 1/2 cup of broth at a time. Usually only have it once a day. But doing good overall. Some pain where the port is but all is well!!!

Congrats to all the recent bandsters and good luck to you upcoming guys. We should have a couple more right?

Hello,

I was banded on Thursday 4/15/10 a week tomorrow. I went back to work the following Monday. All is great so far, lost 8lbs the first week. I did find out I cant do the Protein drinks.... gave me diarrhea..:thumbup: But I see the nutritionist today and shes going to be putting me on my three weeks of purees. So Ill get the protein that way. I get my first fill in three weeks. So far so good. :smile:

Hello,

I was banded on Thursday 4/15/10 a week tomorrow. I went back to work the following Monday. All is great so far, lost 8lbs the first week. I did find out I cant do the Protein drinks.... gave me diarrhea..:thumbup: But I see the nutritionist today and shes going to be putting me on my three weeks of purees. So Ill get the protein that way. I get my first fill in three weeks. So far so good. :smile:

Have you tried the protein bullets? (2.9 oz with 26g protein) The ones that I buy are fruit punch flavored. I get them at Walmart. The container looks like a giant plastic test tube with a screw top lid. I find that they are so much easier to consume because it is only a couple of ozs., they don't taste bad and they are very easy to drink. Maybe this may help?

I am doing great...on week 3 now and have lost a total of 34 pounds. I have been sticking to program and walking, walking walking....I have been wearing a pedometer and trying to stay challenged that way......it is working.... did I tell yall' 34 pounds......yea!!!!!

Have you tried the Protein bullets? (2.9 oz with 26g protein) The ones that I buy are fruit punch flavored. I get them at Walmart. The container looks like a giant plastic test tube with a screw top lid. I find that they are so much easier to consume because it is only a couple of ozs., they don't taste bad and they are very easy to drink. Maybe this may help?

The protein bullets are awesome- I found some at GNC that are 45g of protein in 3.0 oz... I'll have to check out the ones at Walmart and see if there is a price difference.

The Protein bullets are awesome- I found some at GNC that are 45g of protein in 3.0 oz... I'll have to check out the ones at Walmart and see if there is a price difference.

I get a 6 pack box for $9.96 + tax! I have tried several different ones from GNC and I couldn't tolerate the taste but the one I get from Walmart doesn't taste bad to me at all. Which one do you get from GNC? Maybe it is one that I haven't tried yet.

Hang in there. The two weeks before surgery were a real rollercoaster ride emotionally. After the surgery was an emotional let down - the thrill was over, the adrenaline settling down, and some discomfort. I am almost 3 weeks out now and starting to stablize. I have lost weight and feeling good. It was all a whirlwind! I had doubts one day and was sure the next. I could not concertrate. I think everyone goes through that.

I have not had a fill yet, but I can't believe how much less I am eating and how little appetite I have. It is a miracle! I can easily pass up food I never would have before. It was worth all the stress, strain and pain! So far, I love being banded!:redface:

I am right there with you Froggie....I have had little to zero issues after the emotional ride that must have been a blessing as it brought me to this site. I too was banded on April 7th and have been able to eat just about anything. I have yet to try fried food, rolls or pizza, but guess what? So far I haven't WANTED to. My pants are hanging off of me but as I haven't broken down to buying a scale yet, I only have the loss numbers from my post op visit. I too have noticed that you are full and without the constant hunger pains (physically and mentally) I don't even think about food obsessively like in the past. I can remember before eating Breakfast and already thinking about where/what I would have for lunch. I attended a church social where all sorts of yummies from the past would have had me piling my plate and going for seconds, to grab a bottle of Water and some pieces of fruit. The fruit was sitting right next to the brownies and it was like I didn't even notice. That would not have happened in the past...no matter how much I would have guilted myself into trying...

I go back on WED May 5th for my first fill. My plan is to retry all the things I am currently eating to make sure that with the fill I can still handle them, then slowly not deny myself other things (a slice of pizza!) and try them all. I will tell you that the fear of it all coming back up is another deterent that stops my eating too. So far that has not happened once and I have eaten taboo items such as ground beef and steak. I found where steak used to be my favorite, after chewing and chewing to get down to gristle, it is no longer the huge hightlight for me.

Didn't mean to ramble. It has been a bit since I was last on this site. I questioned this procedure the week after I did it as I still felt like I had isolated myself from the rest of the world with all the rules of maintenance. I now know that I was deluding myself once again, and I am SO VERY GLAD I did this! Already, just the 20 plus pounds I have lost has made a difference in so many ways, sleeping, energy, attitude. We are all heading to a better place, I truly believe that. So with all that rambling above, GOOD LUCK for you all beginning your new journey today and tomorrow. You will complete the April Bandster Bunny Family!

Hugs,

Kim

I am right there with you Froggie....I have had little to zero issues after the emotional ride that must have been a blessing as it brought me to this site. I too was banded on April 7th and have been able to eat just about anything. I have yet to try fried food, rolls or pizza, but guess what? So far I haven't WANTED to. My pants are hanging off of me but as I haven't broken down to buying a scale yet, I only have the loss numbers from my post op visit. I too have noticed that you are full and without the constant hunger pains (physically and mentally) I don't even think about food obsessively like in the past. I can remember before eating breakfast and already thinking about where/what I would have for lunch. I attended a church social where all sorts of yummies from the past would have had me piling my plate and going for seconds, to grab a bottle of Water and some pieces of fruit. The fruit was sitting right next to the brownies and it was like I didn't even notice. That would not have happened in the past...no matter how much I would have guilted myself into trying...

I go back on WED May 5th for my first fill. My plan is to retry all the things I am currently eating to make sure that with the fill I can still handle them, then slowly not deny myself other things (a slice of pizza!) and try them all. I will tell you that the fear of it all coming back up is another deterent that stops my eating too. So far that has not happened once and I have eaten taboo items such as ground beef and steak. I found where steak used to be my favorite, after chewing and chewing to get down to gristle, it is no longer the huge hightlight for me.

Didn't mean to ramble. It has been a bit since I was last on this site. I questioned this procedure the week after I did it as I still felt like I had isolated myself from the rest of the world with all the rules of maintenance. I now know that I was deluding myself once again, and I am SO VERY GLAD I did this! Already, just the 20 plus pounds I have lost has made a difference in so many ways, sleeping, energy, attitude. We are all heading to a better place, I truly believe that. So with all that rambling above, GOOD LUCK for you all beginning your new journey today and tomorrow. You will complete the April Bandster Bunny Family!

Hugs,

Kim

DJBabe

Glad to hear you are doing so well. :redface:

With each day I am seeing that I will not be so different from everyone else. I have eaten in restaurants, eaten at a luncheon, stayed in a hotel and ate meals at a conference. I have eaten ground beef with no problem, tiny bites of steak, nothing has gotten stuck or threatened to come back up. I did eat too fast once and had a lot of pressure in my chest. It all went down, however.

I am eating so much less than I used to and not thinking constantly about food, either. I have stayed away from carbs still because I am diabetic and stopped taking my meds when I had my surgery. My blood sugar is lower than before the surgery when I was still on my meds. That feels really good. I think when I lose some more weight, I will be able to tolerate more carbs. Not eating carbs also helps control my appetite and I am still afraid of it coming back.

I go to get a fill on May 4. Since I am not eating a lot, not sure if I will need one. I do not want to overfill, but I would like to lose more weight. I have lost 7.6 pounds since surgery three weeks ago so I guess that is pretty good.

How much have you lost since surgery? How many calories do you think you are eating? Since I am staying away from carbs, I am not sure I am getting enough calories. I figured about 650 one day. I am only eating lean meats, steamed low carb veggies and Protein Drinks. Not sure if I should try to eat more, or not.

One more day we will all be banded and April will be over. Best of luck to everyone! We did it!

:thumbup::party::)

HI april bandsters.

I was banded 4days ago and the pain has almost gone and im drinking what im ment to. my Question is--

Did any of you stay woozy/dizzy for a while after your op?

Iv have real woozy spells and am to scared to go 4 a walk

outside in case i fall.im sensitive to drugs and think this must

be the anesthetic still working its way out??:blink:

I read on the net that anesthetic gets absorbed into your fat cells and and can take time dissolving.If you where woozy how long did it take to come right?:smile:

All advise gratefully recieved from this dizzy chick:huh2:

I get a 6 pack box for $9.96 + tax! I have tried several different ones from GNC and I couldn't tolerate the taste but the one I get from Walmart doesn't taste bad to me at all. Which one do you get from GNC? Maybe it is one that I haven't tried yet.

I like the ProSlam45 fruit punch flavor from GNC the best- the other ones at GNC were not as good- these taste like Jello to me.

I went to Walmart today and here the ones you are talking about are $12... I didn't buy them cause I have a ton of the other ones...

HI april bandsters.

I was banded 4days ago and the pain has almost gone and im drinking what im ment to. my Question is--

Did any of you stay woozy/dizzy for a while after your op?

Iv have real woozy spells and am to scared to go 4 a walk

outside in case i fall.im sensitive to drugs and think this must

be the anesthetic still working its way out??:scared2:

I read on the net that anesthetic gets absorbed into your fat cells and and can take time dissolving.If you where woozy how long did it take to come right?:smile:

All advise gratefully recieved from this dizzy chick:huh2:

Rosmay: It can takes WEEKS for the anesthesia to totally leave your body. Be patient and listen to the signals. Walking and Water will help get trapped gas worked loose and flushed out of your system. Sip Sip Sip! It took me two full weeks to not feel so woosy and almost 3 weeks post-op, I still feel mentally lethargic...but think that's more my body adjusting to the reduced sugar and carbs I am consuming.

Hang in there - every day is a step closer to your goals and a better day than the day before! :blink: