Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

went to the dr. today. start my 14 day liquid diet tomorrow. my surgery will be Oct.22. i sure didn't expect it that fast. i'm so nervous. met a lady there that looked great. she said i wouldn't be sorry i have it done.

my 2 wk liquids diet sucks. because one of my kidneys is funtioning at 49%. i can't have as much Protein. so i can only have 1/2 a shake 3 times a day. 300-400 calories. i'm going to starve.:eek:

It must have been too easy for me to get the lap band because I have not been doing my part. I finally started a disciplined exercise routine at Curves last week. I think I need to go back to the Adkins ketosis diet to jump start my efforts.

You all are so encouraging and motivating!

I just do low gi, seems to work better for me than all out Atkins because eventually when you go back to eating right, you gain some back. Hope your jump start works.

Im finally back to walking, rash or no rash. I went to Mexico for my band too, so I guess it was easy for me as you put it, I didnt have a long bunch of tests. I think Im trying to lose to a lower point than you, I want to get to 120 lbs. I have a thin frame and dont look good much over that.

good luck.

For all of you who like those speciality coffee's lattes etc - here are some healthy ones to have and savor.. Just goes to show you - you can have your treats and be healthy too :wink2:

pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients:

• 1 scoop vanilla unjury
  • 1 tablespoon Canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • ¼ teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)
  • ½ cup Skim Milk1, Lactose Free Milk, Soy Milk2, Rice Milk3
  • 2 teaspoons Splenda or Equal (add more or less to adjust sweetness)
  • ½ cup Water
  • 1 teaspoon Instant coffee (regular or decaf)

Directions:

-Heat Water in microwave (below 130 degrees) then mix in instant coffee

Add:

-Coffee (as prepared above), milk, canned pumpkin, vanilla Unjury, apple pie spice and sweetener in blender

-Blend until combined (about 30 seconds)

-Heat in microwave until warm or serve over ice

Fun Extras:

-Serve with a cinnamon stick

-Top with 1 tablespoon of cool-whip (sugar free or regular) and sprinkle with Apple Pie Spice

Nutrition Facts:

150 calories

24 grams Protein

11 grams carbohydrate

9.5 grams sugar

1 To increase calories use 1%, 2% or whole milk. Protein does not change.

2 Soy milk may increase carbohydrates and sugars, be sure to check the nutrition information.

3 Rice milk may decrease protein and increase carbohydrates and sugars, be sure to check the nutrition information.

Cinnamon Caramel Coffee

Ingredients:

• 1 scoop Unflavored UNJURY
  • 1 cup Water
  • 4 tsp General Foods International sugar free French Vanilla Café
  • 2 tsp sugar free Caramel Syrup
  • 1/8 tsp Cinnamon

Directions:

-Measure 4 tsp General Foods International Sugar Free French Vanilla Café into a shaker

-In a separate cup measure water and heat in microwave (below 130 degrees)

-Add warm water to General Foods International Sugar Free French Vanilla Café and stir

-Add 1 scoop Unflavored UNJURY to shaker and shake until dissolved

-Add 2 tsp Sugar Free Caramel Syrup to shaker and stir until combined

-Add 1/8 tsp cinnamon and stir

Nutrition Facts:

110 calories

20 grams protein

2 grams carbohydrate

2 grams sugar

Variations

For a richer, sweeter taste try 1 scoop of Vanilla UNJURY in place of Unflavored UNJURY (this will add 20 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrate and 3 grams of sugar)

Are you a coffee lover?

Try adding 1 tsp of instant coffee (regular or decaf)

Ideas from UNJURY customers

chocolate Java

1 scoop chocolate UNJURY

8 oz Coffee (regular or decaf)

1 tsp Cocoa powder

Café Mocha

1 scoop Chocolate UNJURY

8 oz Milk

Coffee (regular or decaf) to taste

For all of you who like those speciality coffee's lattes etc - here are some healthy ones to have and savor.. Just goes to show you - you can have your treats and be healthy too :biggrin:

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients:

• 1 scoop Vanilla unjury
  • 1 tablespoon Canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • ¼ teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)
  • ½ cup Skim Milk1, Lactose Free Milk, Soy Milk2, Rice Milk3
  • 2 teaspoons Splenda or Equal (add more or less to adjust sweetness)
  • ½ cup Water
  • 1 teaspoon Instant coffee (regular or decaf)

Directions:

-Heat Water in microwave (below 130 degrees) then mix in instant coffee

Add:

-Coffee (as prepared above), milk, canned pumpkin, Vanilla Unjury, apple pie spice and sweetener in blender

-Blend until combined (about 30 seconds)

-Heat in microwave until warm or serve over ice

Fun Extras:

-Serve with a cinnamon stick

-Top with 1 tablespoon of cool-whip (sugar free or regular) and sprinkle with Apple Pie Spice

Nutrition Facts:

150 calories

24 grams Protein

11 grams carbohydrate

9.5 grams sugar

1 To increase calories use 1%, 2% or whole milk. Protein does not change.

2 Soy milk may increase carbohydrates and sugars, be sure to check the nutrition information.

3 Rice milk may decrease protein and increase carbohydrates and sugars, be sure to check the nutrition information.

Cinnamon Caramel Coffee

Ingredients:

• 1 scoop Unflavored UNJURY
  • 1 cup Water
  • 4 tsp General Foods International sugar free French Vanilla Café
  • 2 tsp sugar free Caramel Syrup
  • 1/8 tsp Cinnamon

Directions:

-Measure 4 tsp General Foods International Sugar Free French Vanilla Café into a shaker

-In a separate cup measure water and heat in microwave (below 130 degrees)

-Add warm water to General Foods International Sugar Free French Vanilla Café and stir

-Add 1 scoop Unflavored UNJURY to shaker and shake until dissolved

-Add 2 tsp Sugar Free Caramel Syrup to shaker and stir until combined

-Add 1/8 tsp cinnamon and stir

Nutrition Facts:

110 calories

20 grams protein

2 grams carbohydrate

2 grams sugar

Variations

For a richer, sweeter taste try 1 scoop of Vanilla UNJURY in place of Unflavored UNJURY (this will add 20 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrate and 3 grams of sugar)

Are you a coffee lover?

Try adding 1 tsp of instant coffee (regular or decaf)

Ideas from UNJURY customers

chocolate Java

1 scoop chocolate UNJURY

8 oz Coffee (regular or decaf)

1 tsp Cocoa powder

Café Mocha

1 scoop Chocolate UNJURY

8 oz Milk

Coffee (regular or decaf) to taste

these look delicious, I know what I am going to fix when it gets cooler

thanks for the recipes. :lol:

(yum - those coffee drinks look great!)

Are unjury product available off-line??

Like in natural food or health stores?

I had my endoscopy today.

2 questions -

The doctor performing the procedure questioned the need for a biopsy for H. pylori. Apparently he only has requests for BYPASS candidates.

and -

Everything was OK but he found a "minor" hiatal hernia.

Is that ever an issue for LPS eligibility?? :biggrin:

From what I gather there's a large percentage of LB people who have hiatal hernias and they were repaired when the LB procedure was done. I had one larger than a baseball (dr's description) and they repaired it at the time of my LB surgery. No more acid reflux. Not even a hint.

Hi! I finally had my surgery Tuesday and everything is going well except the gas that is traveling to my shoulders. It was easy to walk the halls in the hospital but at home it's more difficult. Does anyone know if doing a gentle walk on the Gazelle would be OK and if it should help. It's the only way I could think of to get my walking in the get rid of this pain. I live at the bottom of a big hill and don't feel I can handle walking it.

Any comments would be appreciated. :biggrin: Thanks!!

From what I gather there's a large percentage of LB people who have hiatal hernias and they were repaired when the LB procedure was done. I had one larger than a baseball (dr's description) and they repaired it at the time of my LB surgery. No more acid reflux. Not even a hint.

I've had four abdominal hernia repairs, the last was repaired during my 2nd lapband operation = opened up from 2 inches below bust to belly button but it hasn't stopped the reflux, in fact it's worse than ever.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm on Nexium tablets but they're not helping and have tried Somac. Gasbusters for the wind made me really ill.

I'm supposed to wear a CPAP mask for sleep apnea but can't because of the reflux rush.

I'd appreciate any information.

Hi! I finally had my surgery Tuesday and everything is going well except the gas that is traveling to my shoulders. It was easy to walk the halls in the hospital but at home it's more difficult. Does anyone know if doing a gentle walk on the Gazelle would be OK and if it should help. It's the only way I could think of to get my walking in the get rid of this pain. I live at the bottom of a big hill and don't feel I can handle walking it.

Any comments would be appreciated. :biggrin: Thanks!!

I really feel for you as I had the pain in my left shoulder after the operation and it was cruel. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to get rid of it either, it just eased off after a few days, thank goodness. I still suffer from wind and embarrasingly loud burping. I hope you have better luck.

I had my surgery yesterday. I have been so sick. Please tell me everyone felt this way and it will pass soon. Today has been better then yesterday. I can not wait until tomorrow. I will be one day better. Still on medication so I am just rambling on. It has been very difficult getting on my liquids in. I will check in tomorrow.

I really feel for you as I had the pain in my left shoulder after the operation and it was cruel. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to get rid of it either, it just eased off after a few days, thank goodness. I still suffer from wind and embarrasingly loud burping. I hope you have better luck.

I'm glad I'll only have to suffer for a short while longer even though I know everyone's different. I don't have much of the wind but the funny thing is that I can't burp! I feel as if I have to but I just can't. I know things will get better so I'm just going to hang in there and hope it doesn't last too long. Thanks for replying Katydid. Have a good weekend!

Edited by gottaluvme

Nanirose, were you given any nausea meds? Are you still taking a narcotic pain med that might be making you sick? Mine did. Call your surgeon and talk it over. I got two different nausea prescriptions, as the first one didn't do it, but I had to get off the strong pain stuff to get my nausea under control. (Liquid Tylenol for adults turned out to be fine for my needs.)

The worst will be over in a day or two. {{{hugs}}}

Orea

I remember waking up in recovery and wondering what the hell I did to myself. Fortunately, I had been hanging around bandster forums and lists so long that I was able to smile at my own words and know I was right on track emotionally, because everyone feels that way from what I hear.

I felt good by day 4 and pretty darn good on day 5, but I needed extra sleep for several weeks.

I think the American doctors or is it the insurance companies are so scared of being sued or being up for a fortune, that they have you jumping through all these hoops. They rely on all the other physicians to say that you are well enough to go under.

In Australia I had one meeting with surgeon and could have had op 2 weeks later however it suited me to wait 3 months so I could have op during my school break

TWELVE separate items - including -

Psych evaluation This could be very important for some

Cardiologist w/EKG Had this day before surgery

Pulmonologist

Dietitian/Nutritionist Would have been interesting to have this

Physical Therapy

Doppler of legs and carotid arteries

Chest x-ray, blood work Some blood tests day before surg.

Endoscopy (Gastroenterologist)

Diet history w/probably 6-mo supervised diet

Primary doctor's note of approval This was necessary

Mandatory support group meeting

Sleep Apnea studies

Meeting with anthetist day before surgery.

Just noting the differences in the systems thats all!

Very interesting!

Edited by BLUEZBANDIT