Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Hi Erin. I got moved into March. My surgeon is suggesting the Realize Band. Do you think that one causes more pain than the others. I still have time to change my mind.

I am not sure I know it is attached to you muscles differently... I will find out tomorrow which one they gave me and let you know.:tongue_smilie:

I'm banned. In my room now. Just got back from my first walk.A little sore but not to bad.I'm posting this with my blackberry hope it works

#1. Surgery date? 02-19-10

#2. State you live in? Florida

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr Rehnke

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 42 6'0

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 316 220

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Diabetes, high chlesterol, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, low energy and want to shop in regular stores!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes everyone has been very supportive

#8. Concerns and questions? Just excited to get on with my new life!

It's official. Had surgery yesterday and I'm home today. Had a little gas pain Monday which I burped up while walking the hospital floors. No gas by Monday evening. No nausea at all. Incisions are sore, particularly the port, but nothing above a three or four. Had cotton mouth really bad. Started taking liquid Lortab for pain which is making me very drowsy. So, I may just try tylenol instead. Everything went great and I'm so thankful. Wednesday I start 7 days of full liquids then on to puree. Everyone's body is different, but this surgery was pretty much a cinch for me.

Good luck everyone and I hope your experience is as good as mine was.

I'm banned. In my room now. Just got back from my first walk.A little sore but not to bad.I'm posting this with my blackberry hope it works

Holy Cow!!! You're my hero!! I wasn't even CLOSE to being coherent enough to post IN ROOM (or for 3 days after surgery for that matter!!)

It's official. Had surgery yesterday and I'm home today. Had a little gas pain Monday which I burped up while walking the hospital floors. No gas by Monday evening. No nausea at all. Incisions are sore, particularly the port, but nothing above a three or four. Had cotton mouth really bad. Started taking liquid Lortab for pain which is making me very drowsy. So, I may just try tylenol instead. Everything went great and I'm so thankful. Wednesday I start 7 days of full liquids then on to puree. Everyone's body is different, but this surgery was pretty much a cinch for me.

Congrats!! You're feeling better than I did at 5 days post op!! :) Woo hoo!! It should all be downhill from here!

Yay both of you! :) That's it, just keep moving when you can, and sit upright as much as possible :thumbup: You're past the hardest part now.

#1. Surgery date? February 17, 2010

#2. State you live in? KY

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Sonanstine, Georgetown Medical Center

#5. Age and height 44 Female- 5'3"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 230

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery?

Want to get healthy for my daughter.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes

#8. Concerns and questions?

6 days since my surgery. I am having a hard time getting all of my proteinin. I hate most of the stuff I have tried. Any suggetsions? When did you all stop worrying about blood clots?

#1. Surgery date? February 17, 2010

#2. State you live in? KY

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Sonanstine, Georgetown Medical Center

#5. Age and height 44 Female- 5'3"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 230

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery?

Want to get healthy for my daughter.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes

#8. Concerns and questions?

6 days since my surgery. I am having a hard time getting all of my proteinin. I hate most of the stuff I have tried. Any suggetsions? When did you all stop worrying about blood clots?

I never started worrying about them :) The docs stopped worrying when I left the hospital, however.

Hey everyone!!!! Thought I would touch base with all my FABULOUS funky bandsters! I am 5 days post op and believe it or not I am feeling great. Back to work today and down 6Lbs since Thursdays weigh in. My incisions are starting to get a little itchy and I am still pretty sore around my port area. I dont know which band my surgeon put in but I am almost guessing it may be the realize band bc I am so sore. I made it through the first 5 days only taking liquid tylenol so its not too bad. The worst part is the shifting gas...especially at night. Everytime I shift I feel it shift ugh! Hope everyone else is doing well!!!:):thumbup::thumbup:

Much <3

Erin

Hey Erin!!

Wow, you are back to work?? You are definitely my hero, lol. I cant even think about working right now. Im still so sore. I was taking the vicodin at night to get a comfortable night sleep up until 2 days ago but now im not taking anything. It is definitely getting better day by day but still a rough process. Im actually starting to get the hunger pains now, especially when my hubby is cooking dinner for himself and our 4 yr old. But a few sips of Protein Shake and they go away :wub:. Keep in touch!

I am 15 days post op and still having pain in my shoulder. I did everything suggested walking, walking, walking, GasX, following pre-op and post-op diets to the letter, etc..... and I'm still hurting - some nights I'm up more than I sleep! I have yet to make it an entire day without a stabbing pain in my shoulder that doubles me over.

I always thought I was tough - I work my butt off at two jobs, two natural births with no pain killers, etc.... this kind of pain that comes and goes with no warning is not acceptable!

My post-op. appt. is tomorrow and I praying he has a solution. I've dropped 25 lbs but if this pain is part of it - I want out :)

I am 15 days post op and still having pain in my shoulder. I did everything suggested walking, walking, walking, GasX, following pre-op and post-op diets to the letter, etc..... and I'm still hurting - some nights I'm up more than I sleep! I have yet to make it an entire day without a stabbing pain in my shoulder that doubles me over.

I always thought I was tough - I work my butt off at two jobs, two natural births with no pain killers, etc.... this kind of pain that comes and goes with no warning is not acceptable!

My post-op. appt. is tomorrow and I praying he has a solution. I've dropped 25 lbs but if this pain is part of it - I want out :thumbup:

I seriously doubt this pain is part of it for the long haul- I was banded on 2/10, and that kind of pain subsided after about day 5. I hope your doc has some type of suggestions for you - maybe if you're released for more intense exercise, that will take care of it. Maybe the walking isn't doing it for you. I know this is a personal question, but have you tried having sex? I haven't tried yet...incisions are still too sore. But with a previous surgery with gas pain in my shoulder, that did the trick. Just a suggestion - really hate to get that personal! :)

I have not tried sex yet.......my hubby would love that suggestion :)

I'm afraid to because any change in internal pressure...laying down, burping, sitting with tight pants on, laughing, etc.... brings on the pain.

I will get through this.......I'm just frustrated with the process. I will get through this.........

#1. Surgery date? February 25, 2010

#2. State you live in? California

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Salimitari

#5. Age and height 30/5'4"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 218/130

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, sleep Apnea

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Family is 100% behind me

#8. Concerns and questions? Managing the pain!! :) Any Suggestions??

I'm hoping my surgery will be similar to what you just described. i have 2 days left and can't wait