Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Congrats on meeting your goal! I know it feels awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I am still slow poking along but it's coming off and I am happy about that. I got a good fill in September and I finally started to lose again. I am 310 this morning so that's 50 down from my surgery date (avg. 5lbs a month). It's been 10 months and I am going to try to lose 15 more by my bandanniversary date.

Finally did it, goal obtained...150. How is everyone else? Noone seems to be utilizing this anymore...

weight.png

Hello Feb. 2010 Bandsters!

Checking in and looking for some support...

My weight loss has been stalled for a good 5 months now.

Even when I had a little more restriction I was not losing weight.

Is this it for me? Did the Lap Band do all that is could for me?

I am feeling very disappointed. Honestly, I thought the weight loss would be easier then this. I feel like I have to do the rest on my own, like the old days before the lap band.

Maybe I should have done bypass, maybe I still should...:(

#1. Surgery date? 2/24/10

#2. State you live in? Ventura, CA

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Helmuth Billy at St. Johns Oxnard, CA

#4. Insurance or self pay? Anthem Blue Cross + Program Fee

#5. Age and height 38 yrs old & 5'7"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 280 & goal 165

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Long road to decision. I want to play sports again and don't want to be the "fat mom".

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes, but keeping very, very private.

#8. Concerns and questions? Worried about having a lack of energy. I might be overweight but I am high energy and active now.

i had lap band with dr. billy on 2/23/11

i live in santa maria 2 hours north of ventura

so far so good

love this site!!

well its been 2 years and i am down 120lbs and love it just checking on everyone in the same month. Still would like to loose another 20 but very satisified.

Its been 2 years and am already below my goal weight. my goal weight was 150. Ive went below goal because two months ago i fell and broke my ankle. the pain from surgery and the fracture pretty much zapped my appetite...my band felt tighter for about a month...thinking it was the stress...now im 144lbs. I've never weighed this little ever. Really cant wait to recover because i workout a LOT and havent been able to since i broke my ankle....But must say that the lapband and working out had has been the best thing ive ever done for my body!!!

Its been 2 years and am already below my goal weight. my goal weight was 150. Ive went below goal because two months ago i fell and broke my ankle. the pain from surgery and the fracture pretty much zapped my appetite...my band felt tighter for about a month...thinking it was the stress...now im 144lbs. I've never weighed this little ever. Really cant wait to recover because i workout a LOT and havent been able to since i broke my ankle....But must say that the lapband and working out had has been the best thing ive ever done for my body!!!

HI GREAT JOB I HOPE THAT ANKLE GETS BETTER

Happy Anniversary to all of the 2010 February bandsters! It was two years on 2/23/2012 since my surgery and I'm down 75 lbs. It has been a slow process for me because I really havent denied myself much and just learning how to maintain what I have lost. However since I didnt put it on overnight, I'm ok with it coming off slow. I still have another 73 lbs to go and have made it my focus to get to goal by my next anniversary! Congratulations to those that made goal and much encouragement and blessings to those still on the path!

Hi, I haven't checked in like forever, but so many of you are all doing so very well, I couldn't help but pop in to say CONGRATULATIONS!. I am not at goal yet, but hope to be by this time next year. I have been not denying myself much though I can only fit in so much and the band is doing its job. Work became very overwhelming and I have not exercised since Septemeber. Many of you know teaching is a tough place to be right now, with cuts and everyone doing as much as possible to pick up slack. This summer I have dedicated to gettting my act together exercise wise. The band has been the best thing I have ever done for myself and I want to show that I can finish this sucessfully.

Hello Feb 2010 Bandsters! Congrats to all that made it to goal and to those that are still maintaining. I got married in Sept and it's been downhill from there! LOL! I pretty much stopped working out and eating right. I am back to working out on a regular basis and eating way much better. I had a hard time adjusting to being married and finding time to take care of me. I think I got it now!

Congrats to everyone who has been successful. I've only managed to lose 25 pounds in the last 2 and a half years. I've had nonstop complications. I have zero fill in my band and am still having nonstop complications. If I had known that this would be the outcome, I never would have gotten the thing. When I make healthy choices, the band works against me. This just isn't right. I'm hoping I can just get it removed. I want my life back.