Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Helo February Bandsters. May name is Marge and I am a transfer from the January Bansters. I went thru all the hoops for the insurnace in October-thru December and was scheduled to have surgeron on Jan 4.

The day before Thanksgiving I came down with Shingles and the surgeon said don't worry they'll be gone by January. Well they aren't gone yet. So I have to go back and see him on February 18. I'm hoping that by then it will be a go and I'll have my surgery the following Monday which would be February 22.

#1. Surgery date? Feb 22 (I hope)

#2. State you live in? Florida

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Scott Stevene Sarasota Memorial Hospital

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance Out of pocket should be about $2500

#5. Age and height: 59 5'-4"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? Current 218... goal 150

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I want to be healthy. I have an older sister who is fat and has adult onset diabetes. I don't want her life. The older I get the more fearful I am about being sick. I want to be an active and healthy when I retire.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes, my husband is supportive and two of sisters I haven't told friends.

#8. Concerns and questions? I am afraid that this too will fail. I've failed so many times before. I lose a ton and then it comes right back on with all its friends.

I was so disappointed to have to cancel my January date. But now it gives me a chance to chat with a whole new bach of friends.

Margge

Welcome Marge! We are all gearing up for our surgeries, pre-op diets, etc.... Lots of excitment and nerves going around.

Good luck with the shingles.....and hope February is your month!

Hello Feb. bandsters!!! We can do this, we are gonna be soooo hot next year at this time, and healthy too!! 30 days from today is my surgery and I can't wait. 2 weeks till the big pre op diet, that makes me a little nervous, but I have to tell myself it is getting my body ready for the big day!!

Best of luck to all of us "Feb. Bandsters" Lets continue to post all were dealing with and be able to help each other!!!

#1. Surgery date? Tentatively Feb 11th!!!

#2. State you live in? Massachusetts

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Adam Glasgow

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 35, 5'5 1/2" (dont forget that half inch, lol)

#6. Current weight and goal weight? wow...284, goal 160

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Family history and fear of going down the same path as my families medical histories. And tired of not being able to do what I use to.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Thankfully yes! Hubby is awesome and familiy and friends have been very supportive.

Happy to finally be able to be posting in a "month" of bandsters, instead of standing by watching everyone join what month they were getting banded in, LOL

#1 surgery date? 2/23

#2 State you live in? Indiana

#3 Doctor/Surgery center? Dr.Sloan/Lutheran Hospital

#4 Insurance or self pay? Insurance BCBS Out of pocket 1750.00

#5 Age and Height 45 6'

#6 Current weight and goal weight? 427 225

#7 What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I have all the bad stuff type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea. I want to see my grand kids grow up. I want to be able to do all things I use to do.

#8 Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes wife is great.Youngest daughter is a 4 year bypass patient. Sister in-law is a 4 month bypass patient. So I have a lot of support.

I am on a pre op diet already my surgeon wants me to lose 30 lbs before surgery. I am on the Optifast diet of 6 shakes and 1 bar a day. I have been on it for 3 days and I have to be honest it is tough. Just have to keep my eye on the prize.

Good luck to us all!!!!

Hi everyone!

Mydreamscometrue--LOL that was me about the wiping butt thing!!! sigh I wish it wasnt true!!! I when I lose about 25lbs that will no longer be an issue!!!

Panfisher---how is the Optifast shakes??? I hate shakes like that and need to be on a two week Optifast shakes only diet. I plan on sticking to it to the T seeing as I have a known fatty liver

Okay, so I am terrified of going under general anesthetic and am working myself up!!! I am an RN with 15 years experience, yet I am still terrified of general!!! I think it is the lack of control and the possible complications that is making me fearfull.

Hi everyone!

Panfisher---how is the Optifast shakes??? I hate shakes like that and need to be on a two week Optifast shakes only diet. I plan on sticking to it to the T seeing as I have a known fatty liver

I am drinking the chocolate. They are not horriable I add a packet of splenda seems to make them a little richer. My shakes come pre made they are the size of a jucie box. I have the choice of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. I am on my 3rd day I actually get so hunger I look forward to my shakes.

Does anyone else think the smell of the Protein is horrible? I'm hoping I'll be so hungry I will be able to drink them without gagging.

I've tried about 6 different kinds and flavors - i can smell the same thing in all of them - yuck!

Hi Guys! Glad to have found you. I've been working to get my surgery for YEARS now and finally this is it! Less than a month to go!! :blink:

#1. Surgery date? Feb 3rd

#2. State you live in? Northern Cali

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Coiran / Valley Surgical Center

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance ($1500 co-pay)

#5. Age and height Turning 34 on the 16th. 5'2"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 262lbs 135 goal

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Lots of deciding factors. The biggest one is because I have MS. I know that if you're heavy you have more recurrances and I'm trying to stay as healthy as I can without drugs. I am also VERY active and athletic. There is no real reason that I'm as heavy as I am. It's VERY annoying to want to ride my bike farther, faster, harder and I just cant. I cant wait until next year when I do the big ride for MS but I dont have to walk up every hill. Oh... and the ass wiping this will be nice too. LOL.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Absolutely. I'm not hiding it from anyone, I'm very proud of myself for taking this step and if anyone reacts with negativity then they can kick rocks.

#8. Concerns and questions? I am a bevy of questions and concerns. I know I've made the right decission, but I am also afraid of the "what if's" with surgery. I'm scared that I will find a way to sabotage myself. Lets face it, I've done that with every other diet i've been on. I have a big fear of throwing up. I really hope I can figure out my eating without trial and error via vomiting. That would really suck.

I'm very excited to be here with all of you. This will be an awesome journey and I'm glad we have each other to support.

Deb

Are you having surgery in February? Lets start a thread and keep in touch!

Answer the questions you are comfortable with and we will get to know eachother a little better.

#1. Surgery date?

#2. State you live in?

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center?

#4. Insurance or self pay?

#5. Age and height

#6. Current weight and goal weight?

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery?

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends?

#8. Concerns and questions?

.......................and anything else you would like to add!

We all know this is going to be a long road and we will all handle things differently so let's be there for eachother and make this journey a little easier!

I am scheduled for Feb 9th...in Keene NH. Because of my age I guess < 54> the surgeon said 60lbs was a realistic weight loss goal.......seems low but I guess If i can keep off 60 lbs and improve my health.....its worth it~

I am lucky I have anthem for insurance and have been told that they are the best and easiest insurance company to work with.

My big worry is taking 30 min to eat and chewing the food enough. Is any one else worried about that?

My surgeon suggested just plain ole carnation instant breakfast...just a thought

wickdnice: I sent you a message. I am being banded same day as you and same place :blush:

#1. Surgery date? Paperwork submitted to insurance on January 5th. I was told it should be approved relatively quickly and surgery date will likely be in February.

#2. State you live in? California

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Laura Machado/Mercy Hospital

#4. Insurance or self pay? 100% Insurance (after $2,000 deductible)

#5. Age and height? 25/5'5"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 325/140

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Finally have insurance that will approve it! I have been overweight and a yo-yo dieter my whole life. PCOS makes losing weight even more difficult...

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? I have support from the ones that matter...

#8. Concerns and questions? N/A. I have done a tremendous amount of research and have several close friends, family, and coworkers who have undergone the procedure. I am just very anxious and excited about starting this journey!

Are you having surgery in February? Lets start a thread and keep in touch!

Answer the questions you are comfortable with and we will get to know eachother a little better.

#1. Surgery date? Feb, 8th

#2. State you live in? NY

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? DR. Spencer Hollover

#4. Insurance or self pay? Ins.

#5. Age and height 43. 5'5"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 213/135

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? High Blood Pressure/cholesterol/Asthma/Sleep Apnea....Stress of marriage/pregnancy/divorce/death of ex husband. Need I say more?

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Family..except my 10 yr old daughter who thinks Im going to die from this procedure. She is preocupied with this regardless...see above. so... cant blame her but shel change her mind when her mom gets healthy and stays alive longer!

#8. Concerns and questions? concerned about getting all the preop clearences from all the 10 different doctors and testing from each in order to get those letters in! LOL

.......................and anything else you would like to add!

you know that song "lean on me"??? Well, lean on me...Ill try to help when I can....."we are all in this together" :thumbup:....

We all know this is going to be a long road and we will all handle things differently so let's be there for eachother and make this journey a little easier!

Good luck to all the Feb Bandsters!!!

Good to see you all here and know I'm not alone!

#1. Surgery date? February 8

#2. State you live in? Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Trace Curry

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance $3000 copay

#5. Age and height 34, 5'9"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 334, 150-160

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I ran out of other options

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes, my husband isn't totally in favor though

#8. Concerns and questions? Concerned this will be 1 more failure

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

Michelle