Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

#1. Surgery date? February 3 2010

#2. State you live in? Alabama

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Liza Pompa Gonzalez in Tijuana MX

#4. Insurance or self pay? Self pay, $5500

#5. Age and height: 22, 5'7"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? currently 280-ish, would like to be 140-150ish

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? To know I can't go on living another day as a victim. I want to be around for my husband and daughter and all the other kids I plan to have for a really long time.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Mostly. Some have expressed their concerns but mostly people are ok with it.

#8. Concerns and questions? Slightly scared about doing it in MX, but I'm pretty confident in my choice of surgeons. I'm mostly scared about slippage later since I don't have insurance right now. Gah.

Welcome southernbelle! Mexico sounds like a good alternative if people don't have insurance. It's something I would have looked into if I had to pay out of pocket.

Have a great New Year!

Hi Everyone!!!!

1. Surgery date? am told most likely some time in Feb

#2. State you live in? New Hampshire

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center?Dartmouth Keene

#4. Insurance or self pay?Insurance

#5. Age and height 38 yrs old, 5 foot 3

#6. Current weight and goal weight?256/140

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery?

Where do I start? have a cpap and the pressure had to be put up higher, recent bout of elevated liver enzymes. Feeling disgust with my body. The biggest thing is, and i hope I dont offend any one.....I am now having a hard time wiping my ass properly!!! ugh I cant believe I said that!!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends?100% support of my husband, parents and siblings, only 2 friends know so far and they have been very supportive

#8. Concerns and questions? Terrified of going under general anesthetic, I dont want to die trying to get healthy, all surgery is a risk and I have two beautifull young daughters to live for.

My other worry is the 2 week Optifast diet. I hate all of those shakes, I am really hoping they will be okay with me adding a small amount of fruit to the shakes so that I can tolerate them better!!! I need to be 100% committed to the preop diet as I have the elvated liver enzymes, known fatty liver, so I am sure my liver is nice and inflammed.

.......................and anything else you would like to add!

Hi everyone....Glad to find this thread. My first appt with the surgeon is this Thursday, Jan 7th. Then they will submit to my insurance. I am right at the BMI threshold of 40, but have all the co-morbidities, so I would anticipate being approved within 1-21 days (required by my ins. co.). Even 30 days out from there would put me in February. Time goes by fast enough, so that's fine.

Here is my info....

#1. Surgery date? February 2010 (exact date tbd).

#2. State you live in? Washington

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Spitz - Rockwood Medical Center

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 54 5'3"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 226 current; 120 goal

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Getting off the meds. They mess with my memory in a big way, and really impact my life negatively so I want to get off of them first and foremost. Also, extending my life is an added bonus. The weight loss and cute clothes are another added bonus that I know I will enjoy also!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? I have only told my husband, daughters and 2 best friends. They all support me in a big way...they are wonderful.

#8. Concerns and questions? No concerns at the moment. I have a high tolerance for pain and discomfort, so post surgical time I know I can control with the meds, and I'm disciplined enough to follow instructions to alleviate any other problems that I might cause.

.......................and anything else you would like to add!

I have had Type 2 diabetes for 7 years. Went on oral meds last Spring and already have had to have them increased. I see the insulin train coming and I really don't want to get to that point. Between that and the meds, this is the logical answer and treatment. I have followed Weight Watchers system for 15 years (18 points per day since they went to the point system) and my weight stays at 225ish (+/- 5 lbs). I can't imagine what my weight would be if I didn't! My internist says that I can't go below that amount of food and even increasing my daily cardio to 50-60 minutes of brisk workouts don't do anything to help me lose weight or abate my other conditions. I have no other choice to become healthy. I am really at peace about doing this and gain a lot of hope from reading so many peoples' success stories.

I look forward to following along with all of you and sharing the journey! Thanks for your support and being so willing to share your stories - you are all an inspiration to me!

#1. Surgery date? Feb 28th, 2010

#2. State you live in? Florida

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Wilfred Aguila

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance- Humana

#5. Age and height 33;5ft 9in

#6. Current weight and goal weight?246/150

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Wanting to have a baby; had a stroke in July 09; wanting to be around when my sgtep-grandkids grow up and get married; want Migraines to lessen; want to be healthy; want to burn my fat sucker (girdle); want to be able to shop somewhere else then lane Bryant's, Catherine's etc.:blink:

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes and Yes:)

#8. Concerns and questions? My major concern is getting the hospital to recognize and act the night after surgery and be ready to put me out of my misery should I get a Migraine which I have had that happen the last 2 times I've had surgery. :)

.......................and anything else you would like to add! I can't wait to get this party started! lol... the wait is the worst!:(

I'm almost to my 30 day mark! My surgeon says NO blood thinners, birth control, etc... 30 days out. It's getting closer!

I get my date on either Wednesday or next Monday. I am on all sorts of meds. I hope it doesn't move the date out too much.

I'm on all the meds too. I wonder how that's going to effect anything? I have my first surgeon visit tomorrow. Hope it goes well for you too!

#1. Surgery date? Not scheduled yet, Orientation Next Wednesday and Doctor is scheduling for Febuary surgeries.

#2. State you live in? California Baby!

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Antonio Coirin

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance (80/20)

#5. Age and height ...37

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 248 (5lbs variance daily)

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Well let's see... The daily pain my body is in carring the weight is a grreat factor but the final factor was me deleting all the pictures of me and my family from this past Christmas. I use to love getting my kids all dressed up and having our pictures taken together. But It's been years since I done that. My fiance wants a picture of us together but I wont do it. I wont get married until I feel comfortable in my own skin again. Pathetic!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? I sure do!

#8. Concerns and questions? Tons but were do I start...Oh yeah Orientation! Yippy!

#1. Surgery date? February 22, 2010

#2. State you live in? Oregon

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Ortiz at OCC in Tijuana!

#4. Insurance or self pay? Self Pay.. my insurance doesn't cover it.

#5. Age and height 5'7", 27 on January 31..

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 263 and I don't know... gonna talk to Dr. Miranda and see what she thinks..

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I need help with this.. can't seem to do it alone.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes!

#8. Concerns and questions? Not currently... I ask and ask and ask when I do, though.

Hi!

#1. Surgery date? 2/4/10

#2. State you live in? nj

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr Washington

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 35 5'4

#6. Current weight and goal weight?285 current and 150 goal

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? to be healthy and happy

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? yes

#8. Concerns and questions? lots of concerns just want to make it work

I'm glad there are so many February bandsters! I think keeping in touch throughout our journey will help us feel like we are not alone and that there are others going through bandster hell, etc.....

#1. Surgery date? Feb 18th

#2. State you live in? Cali

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Mir Ali

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance Out of pocket should be about $300

#5. Age and height: 29 5'-6"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? Current 298... goal well we are shooting for 200 right now beyond that is icing on the cake LOL

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I want to be healthier, and live life to the fullest.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes my noyfriend and family and everyone here = D

#8. Concerns and questions? I am jumping in with both feet... I am of course concerned about missing certain foods and being able to pig out on yummy stuff but nothing tastes as good as healthy will feel!

I am more excited and anxious to get started then anything...Good luck to my fellow February Fabs!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I am loving this topic, and would like to take this opportunity to thank the person who created it! :tt1:

I am super excited about my surgery and everyone else's for that matter.

It seems i am one of the last to have my surgery in Feb as i get banded Friday 26th which makes me more impatient but it's great as i will be able to learn from everyone else's experience. I can't believe how fast this time has come around! I have waited a year for this, and it's nearly here!!! Woop Woop :eek:

I have red all the other Feb posts and a couple of them stick in my mind, mostly and it's a laugh but so true, that one person said they struggled to wipe their bum! I had to laugh but maybe in shame as i hear you there! There are so many things i won't miss the list is endless!!!

Some would be: Being restricted to shopping in the fat shops.

Being short of my breath after a simple task

Taking an hour to go anywhere because i get changed 5 times because everything is either to small or makes me look like a tent!

I could make a topic about this it would be interesting to see what people wrote....

4 weeks on Monday till i meet with my surgeon to start shakes! Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!! 4 weeks left of food freedom! :eek:

It's less than two weeks until I start my Pre-op diet! I'm getting more nervous as the time gets closer...... I'll deal with it.

Does anyone else have weird dreams and lose sleep over big decisions? I sure do :tt1:

In one dream my sister had the surgery instead of me and I had to pay for it! I was confused and pissed at the same time!