Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Well sleep study done! 2 more appts. surgery date Feb 11th!!! YAY!!!! so close but so far away....

#1. Surgery date? 2/2/2010

#2. State you live in? NY

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr Nick Gabriel

#4. Insurance or self pay? insurance

#5. Age and height 39 yrs old 5'9 tall

#6. Current weight and goal weight? now 293 goal 170

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery?

My health

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? some

I'm excited about doig this... I start pre op diet this coming Monday, 5 shakes a day that's it.....:thumbup:

#1. Surgery date? Early February

#2. State you live in? Southern California

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Feiz/Advance Surgical Center - Huntington Beach

#4. Insurance or self pay? Anthem BC - fully covered

#5. Age and height 34 / 5'6

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 233 / 150

The deciding factor for me is that my grandmother was the same age I am now when she found out she had Diabetes. I can't let that be me. Plus, I want to feel good about wearing certain clothes and not feel too big to sitting in chairs. I want to be comfortable in my own skin...I don't want to be invisible anymore. I want to regain my confidence...:woot:

#8. Do you have the support of family and friends? I have tons of support from my hubby, friends and family.

#8. Concerns and questions?

I'm just a little worried about the gas and pain. I have a high tolerace of pain...but what if I can't take it? lol.

Also, a little bit worried about PBing and puking...UGH!:w00t:

SO glad that I am getting this done...I so wish I could do it tomorrow! lol - Good Luck to everyone :thumbup:

Hi Everyone,

#1. Surgery date? February 10, 2010

#2. State you live in? UK

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Stewart

#4. Insurance or self pay? Self Pay

#5. Age and height 40 5'2

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 218 & My goal ????

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Tried all other diets and always put the weight back on

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? YES

#8. Concerns and questions? Unsure how I'll cope with the liquid diet :w00t: will find out more about it on January 25th

It will be nice to hear how everyones doing & GOODLUCK to everyone. We can get through this

My surgery got moved to Feb. 9. That's only 1 day, so not a big deal.

As for the Preop diet. I am starting it today. I am hungry, but I'm trying not to think about it. Not doing very well though. I had to sit in my bedroom while my kids ate Breakfast.< /p>

It will get better!!! Just focus. Yes, one day isnt that bad...think of my month. lol

Good luck!!

Hi Everyone,

#1. Surgery date? February 10, 2010

#2. State you live in? UK

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Stewart

#4. Insurance or self pay? Self Pay

#5. Age and height 40 5'2

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 218 & My goal ????

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Tried all other diets and always put the weight back on

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? YES

#8. Concerns and questions? Unsure how I'll cope with the liquid diet :w00t: will find out more about it on January 25th

It will be nice to hear how everyones doing & GOODLUCK to everyone. We can get through this

Glad to see you joined us here.....you will see alot of us have alot of the same concerns...as I have found out....so welcome and If I can help in any way.....Ill try!!!

Jodi

#1. Surgery date? 2/2/2010

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr Nick Gabriel

#4. Insurance or self pay? insurance

#5. Age and height 39 yrs old 5'9 tall

#6. Current weight and goal weight? now 293 goal 170

My health

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? some

I'm excited about doig this... I start pre op diet this coming Monday, 5 shakes a day that's it.....:w00t:

Hi Welcome!!! Im also in NY. Im using Long Island Bariatric with Dr. Holover. Good Luck with the Pre-diet on Monday. Im getting banded in March...was bumped from February to March so youl be letting me know how your doing,..but Ill support you all I can!!

Jodi

Hey everyone! Well I had my endoscopy Wednesday and they found ulcers. I was completely shocked! I didn't have a hernia thouhg. They put me on meds and I have to take another endoscopy before surgery. Luckily I don't have to reschedule anything....all the Drs say its enough time for ulcers to be healed...just wanted to post this in case anyone else has this problem....all my other tests are schedule for jan 19th so I'm really excited to get everything done

Well, I am still waiting for the hospital to call me to schedule the pre-op tests, then all my ducks will be in a row. I just reviewed the liquid diet--not looking like that will be remotely satisfying, but I will do what I have to to be sure I am healthy and ready for the surgery--with no doubt some whining along the way to be shared with all of you!:w00t:

#1. Surgery date? Feb 10th

#2. State you live in? Texas

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? True Results Austin

#4. Insurance or self pay? Self Pay :w00t:

#5. Age and height? 23yrs old; 5'4

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 400 goal of 150

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Recent weight related health issues, my family, and life.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes thank goodness.

#8. Concerns and questions? I'm concerned about the surgery I've never been under anesthesia before.

My surgery got moved to Feb. 9. That's only 1 day, so not a big deal.

As for the Preop diet. I am starting it today. I am hungry, but I'm trying not to think about it. Not doing very well though. I had to sit in my bedroom while my kids ate breakfast.

It will be rough, definitely. Just remember, you will look back and it will only be a bump in the road on your journey to a skinnier, healthier you! You can do it!

Well sleep study done! 2 more appts. surgery date Feb 11th!!! YAY!!!! so close but so far away....

Great news!!! Keep on going.....its just around the corner!!

Pre Op Consultation 18th Jan

Dr Nisar Kent UK

Pre Op Diet 19th Jan 2010

Op Feb 8th 2010

Start Weight 240ibs

Proposed Weight 150ibs

Self Funding

Age 53

Height 5'4"

Health reasons mainly Back Injury Knees..Start of my New Life I am getting Married again" Second time.. So for the Wedding to Plan.

After 2 Non Starters Looking forward to getting this weight off for Good its been hanging around for far too Long!

Dxx

Edited by Richardson

#1. Surgery date? February 5th

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr Pham, Buffalo NY

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance BCBS

#5. Age and height 52 5"2

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 255 140

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Health reasons

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yes

#8. Concerns and questions? Afraid of failing

.......................and anything else you would like to add!

Hi all...Hope you all had a great weekend. I am going tomorrow night for my sleep study with GPAP. That should be fun.

Today I had surprise....Im not being declared insane. He didnt even pressure nor ask me to come back to see him on a regular basis. I had my psych eval..why was I so nurvous? It happens....that the psychologists kids and my daughter went to the same private school and the conversation was very comfortable...after shooting the breeze about the school and principal and teachers the rest of the hour went really well.

I filled my script for the AH, PH or what ever germ they found ilast week in my stomach during the endoscopy. I need to take this for for two weeks...but it wont push my surgery back even further then the March 15th. lol

Im hoping the endoconologists tests...come back okay....cause I have to say....these tests are all coming back with results that arent too promising for that new March 15th date....if those tests come back stating that I have some wierd diagnoses....

Welcome to all those newbys that just just joined.....Looking forward to supporting you and sharing experiences.

Jodi