Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Thank look forwaed to coming onboard! Hi Everyone!

Gx:thumbup:

#1. Surgery date? Feb 4th

#2. State you live in? Pensylvania

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Dimarco

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 32 5'8"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? CW- 336 GW= 175

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? My kids...I want to be around for a long time!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? mostly all of them, there are a select few that think I could do it with diet and working out

#8. Concerns and questions?

.......................and anything else you would like to add!

#1. Surgery date? Feb 4th

#2. State you live in? Pensylvania

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Dimarco

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance

#5. Age and height 32 5'8"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? CW- 336 GW= 175

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? My kids...I want to be around for a long time!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? mostly all of them, there are a select few that think I could do it with diet and working out

#8. Concerns and questions?

.......................and anything else you would like to add!

Welcome My surgery date is 2/2/2010 Have you statred your pre op deit yet:smile:

Welcome My surgery date is 2/2/2010 Have you statred your pre op deit yet:smile:

I am not required to do a pre-op diet, but I was thinking it may be a good idea to do something...I was thinking about going to buy some Protein shakes to get started that way a little. Quite honestly, it makes me a little nervous that so many others have to do the pre-op diet and I don't ...I wonder why that is ...frustrating.

On another note, I am getting so nervous :)

I am not required to do a pre-op diet, but I was thinking it may be a good idea to do something...I was thinking about going to buy some Protein shakes to get started that way a little. Quite honestly, it makes me a little nervous that so many others have to do the pre-op diet and I don't ...I wonder why that is ...frustrating.

It seems like each doctor is different in what they want. Even for those of us on preop diets, there is a lot of variety in what we can have.

I'm getting nervous too. For the longest time I was "full speed ahead" and not looking back. But now I find myself dreading the pain, and wondering "Will I ever get to eat this again?"

As for the preop diet - mine is a pretty hard one. All Medifast products - 5 a day plus a bar. Other than that only Jello, popsicles, and broth. About 500 - 800 calories a day. The first 2 days were completely and totally miserable. The third day was hard, but a bit better. Since then, I've been doing fine and actually feeling great. And I've lost about 8 pounds already in less than a week!!!!

I am not required to do a pre-op diet, but I was thinking it may be a good idea to do something...I was thinking about going to buy some Protein Shakes to get started that way a little. Quite honestly, it makes me a little nervous that so many others have to do the pre-op diet and I don't ...I wonder why that is ...frustrating.

Am getting nervous a little too, but excited too, I just got clearance from my heart Dr Today :thumbup: , Ya that seems differnt from everyone on i have heard from, that you don't have to do any pre op diet, but all surgen are differnt.. mabe you should check again, just to make sure.. If you don't man your lucky becaue i'm on day 2 of 5 shakes a day and thats it and man it's hard! Keep in touch:smile2:

It seems like each doctor is different in what they want. Even for those of us on preop diets, there is a lot of variety in what we can have.

I'm getting nervous too. For the longest time I was "full speed ahead" and not looking back. But now I find myself dreading the pain, and wondering "Will I ever get to eat this again?"

As for the preop diet - mine is a pretty hard one. All Medifast products - 5 a day plus a bar. Other than that only Jello, popsicles, and broth. About 500 - 800 calories a day. The first 2 days were completely and totally miserable. The third day was hard, but a bit better. Since then, I've been doing fine and actually feeling great. And I've lost about 8 pounds already in less than a week!!!!

Mine is almost the same I'm on the oopt fast shakes 5 a day and that it.I'm on day 2 and man your right it is miserable. I feel so tired and weak, how did you do it, But glad to see there is hope.....Thanks

#1. Surgery date? 2/23/2010

#2. State you live in? Florida

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Sanchez-Alva Caracas Venzuela

#4. Insurance or self pay? Self Pay

#5. Age and height 29/5'4"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 268/currently 260/i would be happy at 199, goal weight should be 145

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? Health condition and family history. I have been through two appeals to insurance and finally decided with my husband and drs that I could not wait any longer so went self pay.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? absolute yes!

#8. Concerns and questions? not this time.

I was not required a preop diet either, but have been doing one on my own..

:thumbup:Finally I have a pre-op testing date. I am only concerned that it is like 24 hours before I am supposed to get clearance from my regular Dr. I am calling tomorrow to let them know when the pre-op testing is so they can reschedule me if that will be a problem. My guess is with fax machienes and such there shouldn't be an issue, but I don't want to take any chances!

YAYYYYY!!!! Just got a call from the Coordinator (Chad) at the bariatric surgeons office...I GOT APPROVED!!!!! Pre-op appt Feb 5 and surgery date Feb 23rd!!! WHoo hoo I am so excited scared nervous happy etc etc etc

#1. Surgery date? Feb 23

#2. State you live in? CT

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr Craig Floch St Vincent's Hospital

#4. Insurance or self pay? ins

#5. Age and height just turned 35 5'8"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 297 i don't have a goal weight :-(

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? sick of being fat and unhealthy!!

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? yes....for the most part

#8. Concerns and questions? not losing weight, vomiting, getting stuck, band slippage, band erosion, not being successful.....trying to avoid the "Last Supper" mentality between now and Feb 5 (part of the pre-op is getting all the "stuff" for the 2 week liquid diet before the surgery!!)

I am not being banded until March but We are about the same height and weight, I will try to keep in touch and see how you are doing..

Had an appointment with my doctor today and got the clearance letter for surgery! Yay!

I have a 2 hour nutrition class in the morning and then my pre-op appt. with the surgeon at 1pm........then I start my pre-op diet on Sunday! It's getting closer and my butterflies feel as if they're getting larger by the day.

I know it's just me........... but I have an aversion to the "Funky" part of the February name someone came up with - Funky to me means smelly! I'm gonna have to be a rebel and come up with my own name :mad:

Mine is almost the same I'm on the oopt fast shakes 5 a day and that it.I'm on day 2 and man your right it is miserable. I feel so tired and weak, how did you do it, But glad to see there is hope.....Thanks

Honestly, the first 2 days were the worst. I hid out in my room and was really depressed. I even cried some... thinking about 3 weeks of this. Day 3 was a little better. Day 4 and 5 have been great. I do feel somewhat easily tired. If I try to exercise I get tired faster. But the cravings and feelings of deprivement are gone at least for now. Hope they don't come back. Everyone told me that once you get past the first 3-4 days it gets easier, and so far I agree. Keep with it. You can do it. It will get better, and when you see the pounds start to come off it will encourage you.

Hi all....last night met with the nutrtitionist and had my second sleep study with the CPAP. It went okay...however really tired now...not sure why they call it a sleep study....when there isnt much sleeping with all those adjustments!! lol

Good luck....Northern Mist...tomorrow is the 20th!! Hope all goes well!

All went well with the pre-op appt. Yay!

I was able to sit in with a nutrition class again since it's been awhile - thanks to BCBS of Il. and all their denials! The pre-op diet has been modified a little bit from the paperwork I was given the first time through - they added several servings of low-carb vegetables and 1tbsp of low fat dressing!

Surgeon informed me that they use a new band now - the AP band. He said it had a much lower slippage and erosion rate than the band I would've gotten 2 years ago. Let's hope so! I asked about infection rate and he said his practise had a 0% rate and then he knocked on wood :biggrin: It was funny and made him seem a little more down to earth.

All in all it was a good day except for the argument my hubbie and I got into in a couple furniture stores. It seemed I thought we were on the same page with what we wanted..... until we got in the store and started sitting on totally different styles, colors, fabrics, etc...

At one point I said I was a little more contemporary and he was pretty much traditional and he got offended. Something in my tone?!? OMG - nothing like a whispered fight in public :ohmy: No furniture today! Love him to death but sometimes.......Arghhh!