Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

LOL--that's why some of the time I think mine is a man too (sorry guys!)....of course sometimes it reminds me of some of the witchy catty dramatic women I have met in my life too! So for now the band is still nameless and sexless lol. Maybe I need to pick a pet name like Fido lol

I think mine is a man....it's taking it's time doing what I've told it to do. It just wont listen! lol

I agree with that, Ara!!! I am hoping my next fill gets my man under control!

I think mine is a man....it's taking it's time doing what I've told it to do. It just wont listen! lol

Wow. I think mine is a woman.....she tells me what to eat, when to eat it and how much more work I have to do on my honey do list. (hahaha).

I can't quite give her a name yet, she hasn't finished showing me her personality.

As far as sushi is concerned....rice expands too much in my stomach and I'm uncomfortable with it...Same thing for Pasta, but not for bread. Go figure!

Again, thanks for all the well wishes....I'll catch up with you all later in the week!

Anthony

2 1/2 years to get insurance approval!

Surgery 12/3/09

Weight Loss after Surgery

weight.png

Overall Weight loss since 11/2009

weight.png

user_online.gifreport.gif

Anthony...that is so true too!!! lol

Ara - that is hilarious!!

Anthony - best of luck to you

chickadee81 - I have not named my band, in fact I have never really thought about it. That is so funny about the tattoo because I just got a new one of those about a month ago. HAHAHA

KarynA - thank you. So far I have found that rice doesn't seem to bother me too bad. Which is fantastic for me because I really do love rice. I need to quit the drinking too because it is way too many calories right now.

I just got back from the Y and I worked out for 2 hours. That is my all time high. According to their machines I burned over 1000 calories, and I only took in about 800-1000 today. I'm eager to see my scale drop in the morning.

Ara, I love the reasons your band is male (& Anthony's female). I call my band Miss 'O'. I think of it as a friend, a bit like Oprah - helping me live my best life! Although Miss O has been taking time off lately and allowing me to eat just about anything. Today is my birthday, so went out to dinner with DH, tomorrow lunch with a neighbor & Wednesday lunch with a girlfriend - I know the scale is going to move the wrong way!

Anthony good luck tomorrow with your surgery. I will keep you in my prayers.

Viv Happy Birthday to you.

Tracy way to go.

I'm a moron...someone come kick me please.

This morning I left my lunch at home....and had to go all the way back because it was left within "dog height" and I didn't want to clean up a mess when I got home.

Driving back to work--I swung by Dunkin Donuts and ordered a coffee AND a donut. I ate that thing and was cruising along trying to remember the last time I had a donut......and then I remembered....LAPBAND -STUPID!!!!!

oy...how in the world can I really forget???

so at work...can't walk because no one else is here to watch the office. I eat my lunch and get mega mega mega STUCK! I was fine eating chicken quesadilla last night but it sure wouldn't go down today.

UGH!!

I didn't throw up...but I was sliming everywhere and I finally got it to go down.

HOW CAN I SCREW UP LIKE THIS???

I looked up the calories and the trip to DD was 350cal.

I ended up just drinking some Soup this afternoon and I am going to eat Soup again tonight.

Gunna have to go down to the gym and exercise like a pheen to get back on track.

Does anyone else have moments where they really really forget they are banded or am I a freak?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOTTIE----I know it's late but I am still wishing you the best. Your trip sounds awesome.

I did something equally stupid today! I had a very long day at work yesterday followed by a trip with the BAND KIDS to the theatre. I didn't get home until 11:30 and am exhausted today. In my daze I FORGOT my lunch. What a drag. There is nothing that goes down easily here at school and I'm already hungry because I'm tired. (Is everyone else overly hungry when overly tired?) I wish I had another cup of coffee!

Does anyone sometimes feel as if their band isn't working some days. I worked my butt off yesterday at eating little and exercising a lot. I didn't even lose an ounce and I was so frustrated. So I took my anger out on food and ate and ate and ate. I ended up having pizza for Breakfast that my family ate last night at dinner (I didn't eat any last night because I was being good). I was able to get down 3 whole pieces that were thick crust. They went down fine and I never got the full feeling. Then for lunch I ate half a sandwhich, chips and a few Cookies. Then had a glass of milk. All of which went down easily. Today I have been letting myself eat everything that I have been staying away from.

I am just so frustrated at my band. One day it seems like I have restriction and other days it is nonexistant. I don't think I can even give my band much credit for my weight loss.

Sorry just having a down day. Tomorrow I will get back on track.

Tracy - I think we're all different. My band has like 5 cc in it, maybe a little more, I'm not even sure, but I have restriction. Hunger is a different thing, though. Today, for example, I'm super tired (didn't get enough sleep before work) and I'm STARVING even though yesterday I couldn't eat more than a fistful of chicken and a half a serving of oatmeal. But when I'm tired I am hungry. The band keeps me from eating much too much of anything, so I can never get as much as a half a slice of pizza down, much less three pieces. I feel certain that when you finally get filled to the point that gives you restriction, you won't be able to eat much either. But we all seem to have different amounts needed to reach that point. You're probably right near there, though, so I hope your next fill brings you relief. In the meantime, stop making food choices that will only make you feel annoyed with yourself in the long-term. Remember the thin person you want to be! You're on your way, but remember her.

Happy Birthday to Dottie and Viv!!! And Anthony, you're in my thoughts today. I'm hoping it's quick and painless!

New Joy - I forget I have the band ALL the time! When I'm hungry, I mindlessly take big bites and don't chew enough. THEN I remember.. or rather, Gabrielle reminds me ("slow down and chew and take little bites... or I'll have to slime you!"). And the other night we went out to dinner. I ordered the Tomato Bisque Soup and when it arrived with two soft, warm rolls, I thought "drats - can't have those". But while I was eating and talking and not paying attention, I started eating the rolls. I had eaten an entire roll before I felt the pressure in my chest and back and realized what I'd done. Fortunately, it passed and I didn't make a scene... but I couldn't believe I had done that. I figure we'll get better at this - we have to - it's only been a few months and it's a big adjustment.

Doer - yes! When I'm overly tired OR overly-stressed, I definitely feel hungrier. I don't know if it's 'real hunger' or just 'head hunger', but there is definitely an urge to eat... and overeat, since my defenses are down. Do you have a frig at work where you can keep emergency food in the event you forget your lunch?.. or a drawer for non-perishables? I have premixed Protein shakes, string cheese and yogurt in the frig right now (none of which sounds all that good to me, but I figure I have something to eat if I need it). Just a thought.

Tracy, you're definitely not alone. I get frustrated to the point of tearing-up the house looking for something (anything) chocolate. I haven't stepped on the scale in nearly two weeks because I'm afraid of what it'll say and how the disappoint will affect me. It's the same "I'm working my patooty off and not seeing results, so what's the point in depriving myself?!" feeling that I've always had while dieting. It's the reason I wasn't any good at it. But I think Doer's right. When you get to the 'green zone', there's no way you'll be able to eat three pieces of pizza - a half a cup of non-slider food will be 'filling'. And remember, that evil scale is only one measurement. It doesn't necessarily respond right away and it definitely doesn't take into account lean tissue v. adipose tissue, fluids consumed and/or retained in your cells, etc. So try not to fixate on the number! I know, I know... easier said than done!

I, for one, am proud of you for keeping-up with your exercising!

Um exercise?!! Let's not even GO there! That's right, you're exercising - you're way ahead of me. The scale can be such a bummer, and there are times where it just doesn't do us justice. Try on some of your too big clothes. Remember how they used to fit!? You did that, and you will continue to do it. Forget the scale for now and keep up the good work. Restriction will come ... and then you'll have the funny (gross) burps and gurgly sounds every time you eat. My students have no idea what's wrong with me!!

I had to share this with all of you. I happened upon it (in a blog) and it was just what I needed to read.

"What a year. I now weigh 90lbs less than I did when I started this journey at my consultation, 75bs less than when I had surgery. For those doing the math, that averages to just under 1.5lbs a week - slow losing IS STILL LOSING. That is probably my biggest piece of advice to remember, and surely advice I need to remind myself of. Even if you lose a small amount, week after week, when you don’t give up, those small numbers turn in to big ones. I had lost more most weeks I was on weight watchers. But I never stayed on a diet before.

...To think that one year later, I’ve done it. Sure I am not at my ideal weight by my nor my doctor’s standards, I’m so freaking close. I’m close enough that I get to-

shop at any store

I am fit. Or Phit, rather. I work out a minimum of eight hours a week, and I love every moment of it. I love that last night I did 144 push-ups - real perfect push ups. I couldn’t do five when I started seeing Julie in September. I struggle a lot still with loving my body - I struggle to see how different it is and how much closer to ideal than not it is. But after a workout, when my muscles burn and my hair is matted down with sweat, I love my body because it is strong and it is powerful. I didn’t start working out seriously until about six months post-op, for whatever reason it took that long for it to click with me. For those waiting for that moment, it will come, I truly believe that everyone can love exercise if they find the right workout, and in my lucky case, trainer for them.

It is hard to say how much this surgery and losing weight has changed my life. In many ways I have not changed at all, and in others, I am becoming the person who I always hoped I could be. I am accomplishing the thing I knew I never could, and doing that is beyond empowering. I am more settled in myself, I can let my whole self just exist and not worry quite as much as to what I’m projecting.

I am so grateful for the band... And so incredibly grateful to all of you for the support you’ve given me. I could never have come as far as I have without the support I get from my friends online, as well as a select few in my real life and my family. No one without the band can understand what we go through - the highs and the lows, the stucks to the the elation at experiencing a huge NSV. I have come so far in my first year with the band, and am so grateful that I get to spend the rest of my life with it. "