Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

I have a follow up appt with the dietician tomorrow, I lost only 3lb dec and Jan total... grrrr Then I had a fill and this month I have lost 8! Whooo Whooooo! I am on the cusp of joining 24hr fitness and taking it to the next level. I start Massage School on Wed and I need to build my muscle for that! I am so excited.

Happy, you are doing sooo great! What time is your appointment with Jill tomorrow? Maybe we can meet if our schedules mesh? 8 pounds is awesome! Too bad we do not live closer, we could do the gym together!

Edited by Soexcited

Happy, you are doing sooo great! What time is your appointment with Jill tomorrow? Maybe we can meet if our schedules mesh? 8 pounds is awesome! Too bad we do not live closer, we could do the gym together!

No kidding it would be great to do the gym with someone on the same page!!!!! I have a 1 pm appt with Jill.... are you going in tomorrow?

I could meet up with you before appt time, but after the appt I have to "fly" home since my kids have early release day and my friend is picking them up at school in order for me to make this appt.

If we meet before your appointment that would be awesome as my son will be in school .... I will send you an email!

Oh Wow! Its been a long time since I posted. I was curious about everyone's progress. I am doing well. Down 55lbs Woo Hoo! Getting my hour glass shape back, YAY!!! I'm in desperate need of a fill though. Because of all the snow storms in NYC, my appts kept getting rescheduled so I haven't had a fill in a long time. Can't wait to reach my sweet spot. I have feeling this next fill will be it. Right now I'm at 7cc's and I have a 14cc band. I've only gotten stuck 3 times and it was because I was talking on the phone while eating (don't recommend it). I have had hardly any discomfort in recent months and I continue to walk for exercise but I'm ready to step it up a notch so I can tighten up ALL THIS GOODNESS!! Hahahaha! Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Whoo Hooo Mello, great job! Funny how you get to a place where you are ready to step it up to the next level. That is where I am too.

I started massage tech class this week and Tai Chi is an essential part . Who would have thought you could get hot and sweaty from 20 min of a slow moving martial art! So cool! I am also hungrier on the days I have school, truely hungry. I need an extra small meal.

My band is getting looser too .. I am going to try to manage it since I am taking this class and contemplating the gym... If I faulter then I will rush in for my fill cuz I don't want steps back. I have done so much to get to this point!

So, I hit my 4 month mark yesterday. And i was at 39.6 pounds lost :wink2: And I've gone from a tight 26/loose 28 too a tight 20(depending on the brand).which I wore today, and I was happy to not be pulling up my pants every 10 secs, lol. Averages out to 10lbs a month which I am perfectly happy with. Now if I can keep losing at this rate I will be very ready for my trip to Hawaii at the begining of june.

Hello Ladies! My four month anniversary is the 23rd of March and as of this morning I am down 62 lbs. This has been such a learning process. I have met so many wonderful people from this website it has been incredible. I wouldn't trade my band for anything. I currently have 6cc's in my 10cc band. I am self pay and see my doctor monthly and will for the first year (abuse him were his words...I think he was even more upset than I was that the insurance didn't pay).

I hope everyone has an awesome day!!

finallyncontrol,

You have done great 62 pounds since nov 23. Ihad my surgery on the same day and I have only lost 38 pounds. I'm hoping to lose the other two pounds by the 23 that would equal 10 pounds a month since surgery. I did have some medical probems along the way two surgerys so i'm happy with my progress. What are some things you have done to lose the weight. How much are you eating maybe examples o f a dayss food. I have 5 cc in my band. I think its good to here what others are doing.

skinnygirl,

sorry for the delayed response...I agree that we all should share all the do's and the don'ts!!! I have had 3 fills to get to the 5 cc's..I have great restriction now. I see my doctor every month regardless if I need to or not..which I like!

I will start with the bad..I use pineapple juice if I get stuck..which has only happened 4 times. The pineapple juice works wonderfully..relief within minutes!!

Exercise...I walk and I walk daily..that and chase my 2 year old son around. Once the weather gets a little warmer I will swim. My doctor pushes walking and I agree with him. I am starting to carry hand weights but that is it. I do like to ride bicycles but my husband has a bad knee so we don't do that as often as I would like.

Diet..I am not a morning eater (just how I was raised) so Monday-Friday..protein shake--Myoplex Lite 20gr protein...Sat & Sun omelet (I have more time to make it). lunch tuna or chicken salad either made with mayo or cottage cheese, cheese, egg & relish with a couple of crackers or 2 pieces of cheese rolled up in deli meat or salad. For Snacks I eat Chobani yogurt or SF pudding.< /p>

Now for dinner...the one thing that as soon as got off of mushies after surgery I committed to myself and my family was this was a lifetime committment not a diet. I prepare dinner for all of us quite similar to before being banded only I eat a much smaller portion. I also may make it a little more healthier. I can eat pretty much anything..I haven't tried steak..but..last night we had BBQ Chicken, tator tots, green Beans. I had..2 oz of chkn, 1/4 cup of green beens and 3 tator tots and was full. My family was thrilled and they were able to put on more BBQ Sauce if they wanted..mine had the flavor on it. I also have found some different recipes that we have tried..we vote on them..some we make again..others we don't.

I hope this helps!! If you ever want to talk you can reach me at dsmith16@tampabay.rr.com

Four months post-op, down 67 lbs. feel great except that I am now losing hair like crazy!! Any ideas?

Biotin and a liver cleanse that is what comes to mind when you say that.... Liver is responsible for more than 400 conditions in the body... keep it clean and better all around health... including hair!

Four months post-op, down 67 lbs. feel great except that I am now losing hair like crazy!! Any ideas?

Deb - could be lack of protein! I know on Survivor, where Protein is a premium and people are losing weight like crazy, their hair begins to fall out. Try upping your protein intake :)

I'm 2 days away from 4 months out and I'm down 46 pounds. That is insane! So much weight lost... it's getting easier to eat the right things and make good food choices. Even though I want to take another bite because it's tasty, I've learned that if I do...it causes pain.

I've been running lately, which is nice. I'm not very fast and I can't go for very long, but slow and steady wins the race.

finallycontrol, thanks for your advice. November Bandsters we are doing so good I'm proud of us all!!!!:):thumbup::lol::thumbup::w00t::thumbup::wub::thumbup::eek::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats on your weight loss. I'm not sure what to do about the Hair loss. Is your protien high enough? I know sometimes people lose hair even when they are eating tons of protien though. So far (knock on wood) I haven't had that problem, at least no more hair loss than normal. Keep up the good work!