Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

I think the thread is quiet because nobody can find it unless someone posts. I always forget about this thread until someone posts and I get an e-mail notification and think, "Oh right".

I'm now down 35 lbs. and I think I may actually have hit my sweet spot at 8.5cc. Had a fill last Thursday and still have restriction. Knocking on wood that it lasts because I'm finally starting to see some serious drop.

Ya I agree elphie, I forget about it too....so you are at 8.5 wow....how big is your band again?

I am with you guys..I forget about this page too!!

Ya I agree elphie, I forget about it too....so you are at 8.5 wow....how big is your band again?

I have a 12cc Realize band. I think I might be about .25cc too tight since I am only able to eat about 1/2 cup of food and we're aiming for 1 cup, but I want to give it a couple weeks to make sure it's not just temporary swelling. I figure any weight I lose in the meantime is just a bonus. :cursing:

Hello November Knockouts!! I hope everyone is doing well and on track. I am doing very well and am down 51 lbs! I'm ecstatic because this was my first goal. Walking has been my main exercise and I try to eat between 1000-1400 calories a day. I make sure I eat at least every three hours to keep my metabolism going and log everything I eat on SparkPeople. I have an appointment scheduled for today but will probably cancel due to the blizzard that has hit NYC. But truthfully I don't wanna go anyway because my job gave us a snow day and I already decided I'm not leaving my apt. I am so surprised at how normal my daily routine has become and its not obvious to anyone that I had surgery because I eat normally, but just really take my time. Of course they notice the portions but it doesn't seem odd to them. I am learning to accept compliments everyday from my co-workers. I love being stopped in the halls and being asked, "what have you been doing girl? You are looking great!" I've been going out more and have enjoyed dressing up like I used to. I have my glass of wine when I go out and sometimes 2 glasses but never more than that. No more big fruity drinks for me. My tolerance is waaaay low so my wine is always sufficient to get that little buzz. LOL!

I'm noticing that I am getting the 2nd glances I used to get while doing my random activities around the city. Its nice to know that I've "still got it". I wonder if its the weight loss or if it shows that I am extremely happy and that's what's causing the extra attention. All of this is great because I am still young (30) and single and am ready to date again now that I've gotten my confidence and joy back. My depression has been under control but I still see my therapist to keep everything on track. But the endorphins from my daily walks have been a huge help. Also the monthly lap band support groups at NYU are so inspiring and helpful. I get really good tips there and enjoy sharing info.

I have only had a "stuck" episode twice but its because I was eating while talking on the phone and was eating too quickly. I have had 2 fills so far and I am at 7cc's (had some Fluid in band during surgery) and I think my next fill may get me to my sweet spot. I've been losing about 10lbs a month and I am happy with that pace! I just feel AWESOME and its having such a positive effect in all aspects of my life. Life is grand and I hope my fellow November Knockouts are feeling the same. Updates please!

I'm noticing that I am getting the 2nd glances I used to get while doing my random activities around the city. Its nice to know that I've "still got it". I wonder if its the weight loss or if it shows that I am extremely happy and that's what's causing the extra attention.

Most likely a combination of both.

There's nothing people find more attractive than a self-confident, happy person. Ever notice that when you walk around with a smile on your face and a skip in your step (figuratively), you get more people saying 'hello' or giving you a smile?

I have a bright yellow (crayon yellow) pair of Crocs that are my favorites and when I put them on, they make me smile...and I've noticed that, on those days, I get far more smiles and nods from strangers.

As for not going out...c'mon...are you going to let a 'little' snow keep you from your city tour? Get out the snowshoes! :thumbup:

Way to go Mello! 50 is AMAZING! I am loosing slower but I am excited because today I hit 40 pounds lost! WhooooHooooooooo! It's gonna be a great day!

Way to go Mello! 50 is AMAZING! I am loosing slower but I am excited because today I hit 40 pounds lost! WhooooHooooooooo! It's gonna be a great day!

Congratulations Ladies!!!!!! Yippppeeeee!

Hello November Knockouts!! I hope everyone is doing well and on track. I am doing very well and am down 51 lbs! I'm ecstatic because this was my first goal. Walking has been my main exercise and I try to eat between 1000-1400 calories a day. I make sure I eat at least every three hours to keep my metabolism going and log everything I eat on SparkPeople. I have an appointment scheduled for today but will probably cancel due to the blizzard that has hit NYC. But truthfully I don't wanna go anyway because my job gave us a snow day and I already decided I'm not leaving my apt. I am so surprised at how normal my daily routine has become and its not obvious to anyone that I had surgery because I eat normally, but just really take my time. Of course they notice the portions but it doesn't seem odd to them. I am learning to accept compliments everyday from my co-workers. I love being stopped in the halls and being asked, "what have you been doing girl? You are looking great!" I've been going out more and have enjoyed dressing up like I used to. I have my glass of wine when I go out and sometimes 2 glasses but never more than that. No more big fruity drinks for me. My tolerance is waaaay low so my wine is always sufficient to get that little buzz. LOL!

I'm noticing that I am getting the 2nd glances I used to get while doing my random activities around the city. Its nice to know that I've "still got it". I wonder if its the weight loss or if it shows that I am extremely happy and that's what's causing the extra attention. All of this is great because I am still young (30) and single and am ready to date again now that I've gotten my confidence and joy back. My depression has been under control but I still see my therapist to keep everything on track. But the endorphins from my daily walks have been a huge help. Also the monthly LAP-BAND® support groups at NYU are so inspiring and helpful. I get really good tips there and enjoy sharing info.

I have only had a "stuck" episode twice but its because I was eating while talking on the phone and was eating too quickly. I have had 2 fills so far and I am at 7cc's (had some Fluid in band during surgery) and I think my next fill may get me to my sweet spot. I've been losing about 10lbs a month and I am happy with that pace! I just feel AWESOME and its having such a positive effect in all aspects of my life. Life is grand and I hope my fellow November Knockouts are feeling the same. Updates please!

Congratulations! You sound so positive, I'm sure all that walking is very good for fighting depression too as well as getting getting in some sunshine! I've had a few "stuck" episodes. My biggest problem is eatting too fast, I've been trying to work on that but I guess old habits are sometimes hard to break. I too find I have to eat about every three hours. Keep up the good work!

Congrats to everybody on their successes! It's about time we're hitting the 3 month mark... eek! How exciting. I'm down 35.5 pounds as of this morning, but my three month bandiversary isn't until the 27th of this month. I was having some troubles with moderating the quality of the food I was eating, but I started keeping a food journal that one of my friends reads so it keeps me accountable. More fruits and veggies for me! I'm hoping that I can get to 40 pounds down by the 27th, but I won't push it. It'll happen if it wants to :biggrin:

On another note, I bought Large sized clothing from Charlotte Russe and Forever 21 yesterday! AMAZING!! It looks good, too. I'm wearing the shirt from Forever 21 tonight for Fat Tuesday, I'll try and remember to take a picture to post on here :thumbup:

My three month anniversary was on Saturday and I'm down 57 lbs. It's amazing! Since my second fill, I've been having some problems but I'm working through them. I know this kinda a weight loss isn't going to continue but I'm very thankful for such a great start!!!!

My 3 month bandaversary is in about a week. I am down 40 pounds and am very happy about my 40 but at the same time a bit dissapointed it's not more. I know I can not hit 50 in a week :biggrin: But I weigh less than I did and am feeling MUCH better about it.

How many cc's do you all have in your bands?

My 3 month bandaversary is in about a week. I am down 40 pounds and am very happy about my 40 but at the same time a bit dissapointed it's not more. I know I can not hit 50 in a week :D But I weigh less than I did and am feeling MUCH better about it.

How many cc's do you all have in your bands?

Hey GF we are more than half way now! So I say we Celebrate vs looking at where we are NOT yet LOL we are doing well! I was sprinting walking home with the kids today and made them chase me today... that was fun LOL.

3 months out for you 3.5 for me we are doing dang good woman! Imagine where we would be if we didn't embark on this journey!

:(

Hello everyone....I didn't know the thread was moved to here, just happened to be looking through the different boards.

Well I am down 28 pounds with my 3 month bandiversary...I figure thats pretty good. I started at 243. So I can't complain. Hoping that I get close to at least 50 lb loss by the time May 17th comes (6 month anniversary)...that at least gets me to the half way point. I'm aiming to lose at least 100 lbs by the time the one year hits.

I have had some bumps...its so hard to change my eating habits and I know I'm still eating over a cup of food. Its so hard and confusing. Doing the measuring thing is...especially with going to work and eating lunch there or if I'm out with friends or with family at events. How do you do it?

I have to get it together especially before my band is at that sweet spot...I really don't want to have any slippage, etc.

Hey everyone. Wow, what a month. After stalling out during all of jan, i got my 3rd fill at the begining of this month. What a difference it made. I was really tight for the 2 weeks after, and then loosened up to perfect restriction, and the weght has been dropping off. This week I hit a couple of milestones and mini goals. I hit my 30lb mark, I have officially lost 10% of my original weight, and I am no longer morbidly obese :wink2: And beause of my journey, I think that a couple of my family members are now seriously condidering getting banded themselves, which would be awesome.

Hope everyone is going good, and no slipped bands, or whatnot.