Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a long time. I'm now down 91 lbs since my highest weight at my consult last summer (that includes 11 lbs presurgical weightloss). Surgery date was Nov 2nd. I'm almost to my 1st goal of losing 100 lbs!

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight, no matter how big or small the numbers are anything in the "less" direction is good news.

I won't say it has always been easy. There have been times where I feel like my eating could get out of control very easily, yet other times I'm amazed that I've got the will power I've got since I've never had it before!

I've had one fill so far and my next appointment is Thursday of this week. I'm not sure if I should have another fill or not. The good news is that I'm losing the bad news is that I sometimes feel that I'm eating more quanity than I should. I'm always afraid of stretching the pouch. Well I guess these are questions for the doctor! I have had a few occasions of getting stuck and then it comes right back up. It's a horrible feeling, so that's why I'm on the fence about another fill.

Good luck to everyone on their continued journey!

Great Job..... In the begining it is easier to be gungho and lose steam. As we loose the band gets a bit looser since there is less fat for it to be wrapped around. small fill may do the trick and you will feel back in line! Keep on keepin'on you are doing wonderful!

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a long time. I'm now down 91 lbs since my highest weight at my consult last summer (that includes 11 lbs presurgical weightloss). Surgery date was Nov 2nd. I'm almost to my 1st goal of losing 100 lbs!

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight, no matter how big or small the numbers are anything in the "less" direction is good news.

I won't say it has always been easy. There have been times where I feel like my eating could get out of control very easily, yet other times I'm amazed that I've got the will power I've got since I've never had it before!

I've had one fill so far and my next appointment is Thursday of this week. I'm not sure if I should have another fill or not. The good news is that I'm losing the bad news is that I sometimes feel that I'm eating more quanity than I should. I'm always afraid of stretching the pouch. Well I guess these are questions for the doctor! I have had a few occasions of getting stuck and then it comes right back up. It's a horrible feeling, so that's why I'm on the fence about another fill.

Good luck to everyone on their continued journey!

Hey November Knockouts!

I am surprised that I haven't been on here often. But I'm glad I'm not stalking the site like I was in the beginning. LOL! I am doing well and I hope everyone else it too. I've lost 66 lbs so far am I am loving the transformation. I began going to the gym a few weeks ago and I've become a gym rat. Loving the workouts and the energy I have now. And I have a new love in my life. YAY!! Life is Grand!

I have to tell you all.... I went camping this past weekend in a canyon with Healing Hands School of Holistic Health. It was a retreat weekend and NO modern convience ie Water toilet electric...

Lots of hiking up and down trails, climbing.... Unlike the camping trip 18 months ago with my daughters 5th grad class. I did not feel like I couldn't breathe, did not have my heart beating out of my chest, I could run faster than my friend LOL who is normal weight, but apparently I beat her in Cardio! I could keep going without problem... the hike down to the canyon was a little over a half mile... then we had to go back up twice each time down carrying gear and supplies! Not a problem... Piece of cake... not that I eat cake LOL.

TODAY I weigh 161 so since August I have lost 59 lb! I feel really good.... I have purged my closet multiple times now and all I have is 3 pair of jeans size 10 loose, using a belt) and about 9 shirts..... I am swimming in my PJs ....

I eat almost NO meat incl chicken.... don't worry I am getting enough Protein. Legumes, greek yogurt, egg whites and Isopure on occasion, oh and some fish not much though. I have eliminated almost all white foods. I go to the seafood buffet , Ha Ha like tonight that is my destination, on occasion and fill up on crab legs and shrimp so I feel I get my $$$ worth LOL. Sometimes I feel physical restriction, but I think the mental restriction is more dominate. Which is really good and makes me happy.

So there is the official report! Hope all is well with you all.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to check in.

Today is 5 months since I was banded, and I am down 55.6:thumbup: pounds. I started at a 26, and now i'm wearing 20/22's, depending on the brand. I've had definite restriction since the beginning of February, and 7 weeks after that fill I actually had to get a slight unfill because I got really tight unexpectedly. That wasn't fun. I got to see family on Easter that I hadn't seen since I got banded, and it was great. THey knew I had lost the weight, but they were still suprised at how much you could tell. I really do have a great support system with them:tt1:. I've been lucky witha great support system in general:wub:; out of all of my friends and family(which is a LOT of people-both parents are 1 of 7 with all the cousins to match) I can count on one hand the people who had some concerns, and even they are very supportive.

Next week will bring new challenges for me. I haven't worked since Nov. I was off the month after surgery, and then I quit, and have been looking for a job since Dec, and I finally found one:thumbup:. I'm ecstatic about it for a few reasons...1) I didn't have to resort to a fast food job where I would be surrounded by food all day long 2) It will be a lot harder for me to graze through out the day 3) I'll finally be making money which means I will have way more control over what I eat-meaning I can shop for myself, and not have to rely on what the rest of my family is eating. My only concerns are how I"m going to adjust to working again, and finding a good variety of foods taht I can eat easily without fear of getting stuck, or tired of teh same old food every day.

Good luck everyone, and I hope all is well!!!!!!

Hey November Knockouts!

I am surprised that I haven't been on here often. But I'm glad I'm not stalking the site like I was in the beginning. LOL! I am doing well and I hope everyone else it too. I've lost 66 lbs so far am I am loving the transformation. I began going to the gym a few weeks ago and I've become a gym rat. Loving the workouts and the energy I have now. And I have a new love in my life. YAY!! Life is Grand!

Good for you melloways! I know what you mean about stalking the site in the beginning too, I suppose that is normal. ;-) Are you still walking around NYC?

Woo-hoo, look at you!!! I'll bet that made you feel good when you were able to do all that hiking and not feel like you'd keel over! LOL! I have lots more weight to lose because my starting weight was so much higher but I too notice that I don't get out of breath like I did before. It's such a good feeling! I use to have to stop after a block to catch my breath.

As for using the "mental" restriction rather than the "physical", if you can do it, that's great. Not everyone can. I think I was better at it in the beginning. Keep up the good work!

I have to tell you all.... I went camping this past weekend in a canyon with Healing Hands School of Holistic Health. It was a retreat weekend and NO modern convience ie Water toilet electric...

Lots of hiking up and down trails, climbing.... Unlike the camping trip 18 months ago with my daughters 5th grad class. I did not feel like I couldn't breathe, did not have my heart beating out of my chest, I could run faster than my friend LOL who is normal weight, but apparently I beat her in Cardio! I could keep going without problem... the hike down to the canyon was a little over a half mile... then we had to go back up twice each time down carrying gear and supplies! Not a problem... Piece of cake... not that I eat cake LOL.

TODAY I weigh 161 so since August I have lost 59 lb! I feel really good.... I have purged my closet multiple times now and all I have is 3 pair of jeans size 10 loose, using a belt) and about 9 shirts..... I am swimming in my PJs ....

I eat almost NO meat incl chicken.... don't worry I am getting enough Protein. Legumes, greek yogurt, egg whites and Isopure on occasion, oh and some fish not much though. I have eliminated almost all white foods. I go to the seafood buffet , Ha Ha like tonight that is my destination, on occasion and fill up on crab legs and shrimp so I feel I get my $$$ worth LOL. Sometimes I feel physical restriction, but I think the mental restriction is more dominate. Which is really good and makes me happy.

So there is the official report! Hope all is well with you all.

Good for you! Keep up the good work! Isn't it great to drop those sizes? I had put on a pair of pajama's that I had at my highest weight without thinking because usually I wear nightgowns and they don't really matter if they are big. These were 2 piece pj's and the bottoms fell right off of me, lol! I just laughed. I couldn't believe how big they looked.

Good luck at your new job! Wise choice not to be around that fast food!!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to check in.

Today is 5 months since I was banded, and I am down 55.6:thumbup: pounds. I started at a 26, and now i'm wearing 20/22's, depending on the brand. I've had definite restriction since the beginning of February, and 7 weeks after that fill I actually had to get a slight unfill because I got really tight unexpectedly. That wasn't fun. I got to see family on Easter that I hadn't seen since I got banded, and it was great. THey knew I had lost the weight, but they were still suprised at how much you could tell. I really do have a great support system with them:tt1:. I've been lucky witha great support system in general:wub:; out of all of my friends and family(which is a LOT of people-both parents are 1 of 7 with all the cousins to match) I can count on one hand the people who had some concerns, and even they are very supportive.

Next week will bring new challenges for me. I haven't worked since Nov. I was off the month after surgery, and then I quit, and have been looking for a job since Dec, and I finally found one:thumbup:. I'm ecstatic about it for a few reasons...1) I didn't have to resort to a fast food job where I would be surrounded by food all day long 2) It will be a lot harder for me to graze through out the day 3) I'll finally be making money which means I will have way more control over what I eat-meaning I can shop for myself, and not have to rely on what the rest of my family is eating. My only concerns are how I"m going to adjust to working again, and finding a good variety of foods taht I can eat easily without fear of getting stuck, or tired of teh same old food every day.

Good luck everyone, and I hope all is well!!!!!!

Hello All! It's been a long a while since I have said hello :thumbup: Hope everyone is doing well! My 5 month anniversary will be in 2 1/2 weeks I can not believe it has been that long, it feels like yesterday. I am THRILLED at my loss & feeling better by the moment! I LOVE MY BAND!!

Hello All! It's been a long a while since I have said hello :cool: Hope everyone is doing well! My 5 month anniversary will be in 2 1/2 weeks I can not believe it has been that long, it feels like yesterday. I am THRILLED at my loss & feeling better by the moment! I LOVE MY BAND!!

me too I love my band!

Happy you are doing AMAZING Great job you are almost at 60! I am excited to get to 50 pounds loss.....trying to go for it the next few days and just shake it off hard just so I can say ................. I HAVE LOST 50 POUNDS!

Happy you are doing AMAZING Great job you are almost at 60! I am excited to get to 50 pounds loss.....trying to go for it the next few days and just shake it off hard just so I can say ................. I HAVE LOST 50 POUNDS!

I am stalled again for a week ... Ok that is not much of a stall...lol

I went to khols today and bought a bathing suit for the first time in 20 yrs! I got a pair of size 8 jeans! (not stretch) have a problem... I still see the morbidly obese person... I have a store I can shop any part of and so many beautiful clothes... I have NO CLUE how to shop for myself... HELP!

Happy, shopping is hard. I have only gone once and got a pair of jeans a pair of shorts and a few t shirts. I need to get rid of so many things that are too big now but I will have nothing left hanging in my closet! I need the money fairy to rain down on me so I can get some more clothes that fit!

Happy, shopping is hard. I have only gone once and got a pair of jeans a pair of shorts and a few t shirts. I need to get rid of so many things that are too big now but I will have nothing left hanging in my closet! I need the money fairy to rain down on me so I can get some more clothes that fit!

If you catch that money fairy, please send him or her my way... I have plenty of teeth playing the toothfairy and I am more than happy to give them up for some help!!!!

Need clothing!

Hello November Knockouts!!

I am happy to report that I am down 73 lbs. Woo Hoo!! Now I have to head off to the gym. Some days I just don't want to go and I have to force myself to. But I always feel great afterwards.