Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

Just another quick update on my lovely band :alien: Based on how I have done since my unfill, my Dr decided I was ok to start building up restriction again. Had a slightly aggressive fill-went from 0cc's to 4cc's:scared2: Now it's time to re-learn what I can and can't eat. Scrambled eggs are definitley a bad food again. But it could be I'm still swollen so I'll try them again in a week. Hope everyone is doing well. Down to 2 months til we hit our 1 year!:wub:

Hi, All!

Long time, no check in!

Things are going well. 10 months since banding, and I've lost 61% of my excess weight, 33% of myself, 109.75", and 122.2 lbs! I have on a pair of size 20 jeans from Old Navy today. Not 20W, just plain ole' 20. I started at a very, very tight 28W. I couldn't be happier!

Slight issue finding a surgeon to take me on, as we moved from OH to FL a few months ago. This has been the biggest challenge so far. Surgeons sure don't want other patients!

I signed up for a half-marathon next Feb! I am anxious to start training, but I need a slight unfill. I'm scheduled for Monday, and I can barely wait. 4.5 months since my last fill, 60 lbs lost, and my band has gotten progressively tighter?!?!?! I know it makes no sense, but it is what it is.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Wow I can't believe we are just shy of a year already. It is amazing and what an incredible journey. I still have 20 - 25 more to lose. I am fairly comfortable where I am and I do see I have gained muscle so that is a good thing. need to work out a bit to get rid of the rest. so I may not meet a numbers goal but I will be healthy and fit. Dr office is calling me a success story and I have changed so much in my life. I would say a lot of healing has happened in the last year, and I do not regret making this choice at all. I am pleased with the results and myself!

ha ha I should update my photo!

Just something I wanted to share with you guys.

I'm close to my 1 year mark which will be November 18th. I went to a local grocery store tonight after not seeing a scale in some time. To my amazement I have lost 75 lb (+/- 3 lb for accuracy). I'm a male, 21yo with my HW at 350, now I'm 275. I go to my doctor on the 25th of November I would have hopefully lost another 15lb by then. I wish I could have lost more sooner and I constantly beat up on myself for it. I think I need to start giving myself more credit :smile2: I think we all do.

I'm excited for this weekend. Last July I was way too tight, so I made an appointment for August to get unfilled. My doctor took out 1 CC, and I haven't really had much restriction since. I gained about 15 pounds but have been holding steady since the intial re-gain. This Saturday I am getting another fill, hopefully to get some restriction back! I can't wait to have that feeling again.

1 year is on Nov. 27th, so two weeks after my fill again. I hope to be back down in the 180s by then :smile2:

I wish I could say I have done well but not really. Since the first 4 months after the surgery its been down hill. I got pregnant, miscarried, and ended up getting permanently sterilized on 11/2 of this year....on top of other stress inducing issues this year.

Its been a rough one for me but I realize I need to get back in it. I got this surgery for a reason and I need to make use of this tool.

For me, its going back to the basics. Luckily, I haven't gained any of the 30 pounds I lost back. Nor have I stretched my band out. I go back in on 11/22 for another fill and since tomorrow is my 1 yr anniversary...I'm going to start anew.

Congrats to the rest of you have made such great progress!

Wow I have not posted here in a while! I will be banded 1 year in just 10 days! AHHH! The time has FLOWN by! I LOVE my band, it was the best choice for me and the best thing I have ever done in my life after dieting since I was like 10 years old! Now I have lost 50 pounds and know it would be super hard to get that all back on. I still want to loose some more and am bummed that I could not have done more in a year. It's hard for me to stop beating myself up about that and just move forward. Anywhoooo I am happy and love my new life!

Wow, what a year it has been. SInce I last posted I've been struggling with the band, and having no restriction again. Had a fill done by my dr's partner and 3 days later had to have an emergency unfill done, and we confirmed that I do have a slight slip. Which means that the journey back to restriction in going to be a long road. I go in this Saturday for another small fill, and I will have my official weight then, but according to my scale on my 1 year bandiversary, I weighed in at 230lbs. not too bad considering I started at 298. Still, I wish the nuber was lower. I actually gained back like 27 lbs after I had the complete unfill. ;) So 3 months ago I actually weighed in at 213. On the upside, since my last miniscule fill, I haven't gained which is a relief, but I haven't really lost either. But hey, I still weigh 68lbs less than I did this time last year :lol:, and that's definitely a great achievment. I hope everyone is doing well.

@flychica-I'm sorry to hear that youve had such a rough time-my thoughts and prayers are with you, and I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

Wow, what a year it has been. SInce I last posted I've been struggling with the band, and having no restriction again. Had a fill done by my dr's partner and 3 days later had to have an emergency unfill done, and we confirmed that I do have a slight slip. Which means that the journey back to restriction in going to be a long road. I go in this Saturday for another small fill, and I will have my official weight then, but according to my scale on my 1 year bandiversary, I weighed in at 230lbs. not too bad considering I started at 298. Still, I wish the nuber was lower. I actually gained back like 27 lbs after I had the complete unfill. :( So 3 months ago I actually weighed in at 213. On the upside, since my last miniscule fill, I haven't gained which is a relief, but I haven't really lost either. But hey, I still weigh 68lbs less than I did this time last year :), and that's definitely a great achievment. I hope everyone is doing well.

@flychica-I'm sorry to hear that youve had such a rough time-my thoughts and prayers are with you, and I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

I hate to hear your going through all these issues. Thats been my biggest fear, having my band slip...especially because I know I haven't been doing right by my band. I hope things get worked out with yours...and I'm glad they have finally realized there is a slip in your band. Thats the first thing, finding the problem...now resolving it to keep progressing.

Hi Guys,

My name is Chante and I just wanted to chime in here as I am fast approaching my 1 yr mark and until recently have been beating myself up for being at 55 lbs lost. i just knew I'd do 100 in a year.

I did however just switch doctor's a few weeks ago which has been a breath of fresh air. I feel like I have restriction for the first time. (DUH!!!) took me a year to get proactive.

I suffer from depression & anxiety so I hit a hard patch of beating up on myself for gaining weight followed by insensitive bariatric clinic treatments. So enough was enough and I found a doctor to take me on. His office is nice and realistic about eating. I am very happy and am back to my low.

It can only go down from here...

Anyhoo, looking forward to sharing with you all as I could really use as many support systems as I can find.

Wow so I am actually glad to hear that I am not alone in the "beating myself up" department. I was hoping that all my weight would be off by now. I started way back when at about 300pounds (I have no idea how big I really got then as I stopped weighing) Got banded at 235 and was hoping it would all just magically dissapear. So NOT. I'm tall so would be happy to be 170, my goal on paper was 160 but I always knew that was too much for me. I thought 180 by 1 year would happen, well it would have if I would have been better. UGG why is it so hard to loose and sooooooo easy and quick to gain?

Just a quck-or maybe not so quick, lol- update since I found out I have a slight slip. My Dr. has been taking it easy with fills, and I've had a few wills and unfills in the past couple months. had a lisght unfill of .7 ccs on dec 7th, and saw my dr again on dec 27th and all was good at that time. I had good restriction, and the scale was continuing slowly downward, even with my grazing and stress eating from getting fired at the begining of december. fast forward to a couple days ago. all of a sudden, i'm havingissues again. woke up the past couple nights choking. not fun. and spent all day spitting up stomach acid. which means i need to head in for an upper GI again, and most likely a revision. Unfortunatly, along with being fired, I lost my insurance and have no income. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. :/ not sure what to do actually.

Wow, we've been a quiet bunch! Just checking in for another update. Didn't have to go for a GI. I went back on liquids to give my tummy some time to heal, and that seemed to help. I even got another slight fill last month. I go back in on the 22nd of this month. Weight wise I seem to be dropping decently. The past week the scale has been going back and forth between 203 and 210. But, I got a fill, and then the next week I was really sick. And now, I'm PMSing which always makes me tighter anyways. Lol. It's been a streeful couple of weeks. On the upside, when I was in for my adjustment, the Dr. brought up plastic surgery because of my saggy belly skin. Yay. It made me pretty excited. I'm still about 35-45lbs from goal, but it's exciting to start researching. I'm hoping I'll still continue losing at the same rate I have been, and hopefully be to goal by my birthday in May. Hope everything is going well for everyone!!!

Good Job! 98 pounds is awsome girl you should jump for joy I know i will when i hit 100 weight loss.how much food can u have at a meal? Just curious. I gained a bunch of my weight back after my band has been empty for bout 6 months. I have been doing it on my own with weight watchers and zumba i've lost 22 pounds in 8 weeks. I think I could get a fill but i'm doing good on weight watchers at the moment and don't want to mess with that. I really want to get down to 200 before i get a fill. I think i can do that much on my own. I want to lose 20 pounds by memorial weekend. Thats my new goal.

Wow, we've been a quiet bunch! Just checking in for another update. Didn't have to go for a GI. I went back on liquids to give my tummy some time to heal, and that seemed to help. I even got another slight fill last month. I go back in on the 22nd of this month. Weight wise I seem to be dropping decently. The past week the scale has been going back and forth between 203 and 210. But, I got a fill, and then the next week I was really sick. And now, I'm PMSing which always makes me tighter anyways. Lol. It's been a streeful couple of weeks. On the upside, when I was in for my adjustment, the Dr. brought up plastic surgery because of my saggy belly skin. Yay. It made me pretty excited. I'm still about 35-45lbs from goal, but it's exciting to start researching. I'm hoping I'll still continue losing at the same rate I have been, and hopefully be to goal by my birthday in May. Hope everything is going well for everyone!!!

Good Job! 98 pounds is awsome girl you should jump for joy I know i will when i hit 100 weight loss.how much food can u have at a meal? Just curious. I gained a bunch of my weight back after my band has been empty for bout 6 months. I have been doing it on my own with weight watchers and zumba i've lost 22 pounds in 8 weeks. I think I could get a fill but i'm doing good on weight watchers at the moment and don't want to mess with that. I really want to get down to 200 before i get a fill. I think i can do that much on my own. I want to lose 20 pounds by memorial weekend. Thats my new goal.

Actually,as of this morning I'm at 100 #'s even, so I was waaay excited. Meal wise, it all depends on what I'm eating, though the past few weeks it seems like at night I can eat waay too much. But if it's something with carbs, I can't eat as much. I can eat about a cup, maybe a cup and a half at dinner time. It's funny, the things that you would think of as slider foods, I can't tolerate them at all. Doritos are now my enemy. I tried eating one of my sister's and I was miserable for hours. I had a bite of cookie dough, and was sliming 5 mins later. But I was able to eat an enchilada wth chicken cheese and jalepenos last night. Go fig.

I do know what it's like to gain wait after an unfill though. I had an unfill back in September and put on 30 pounds, and had to relose it all over again. I was annoyed to say teh least, but I got through it!