Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinnyjeans turn for a flat tummy

Had a great day today. More swelling gone down.

Another pair of dress slacks fit and back hurt minimal today. Usually by end of day of work I was reverting back to walking bent some.

I have forgotten what it feels like to have restriction. It's been since June since really felt restricted. Drinking my morning spark i tried to gulp and got the painful hiccups. At lunch I thought I could eat a piece of string cheese and didn't chew well, so here came the hiccups, stuck feeling and runny nose. I've never had a PB before and hope I don't but had to get the papaya enzyme and drank pineapple juice. I am gunna have to remember the rules again. I did get all my Protein today (100g) with shakes to promote healing.

Watching a movie with hubby tonight. I can't wait to go Christmas shopping. Have only gotten a few things for our son.

Wow Skinnyjeans! I can't believe you went home the day after surgery and have done all your recovery on your own. And back at work after only 2 weeks - WOW! I had my operation on Monday and I'm going home tomorrow (Saturday) and was feeling all good because I felt I could cope after only 5 days, not the full 7 days that I was allowed. I can't imagine having gone home on Tuesday!! I've also been worried about going back to work on Jan 11th, after a 5 week break, thinking that was pushing things a little and maybe I should have taken 6 weeks. I'll be telling myself how lucky I am and not to be such a wuss now!

Hope everything continues to go well for you.

I don't have much to add that others haven't already said, skinnyjeans, but I love reading your updates :rolleyes2:

Fanny,

I'm so glad you had extra time in hospital to heal. I know the 1 night I stayed was well worth the extra $. I really didn't feel the surgery was too bad. I always thought I had low tolerance for pain, but I guess it's higher than I thought. I also was firm beliver of taking meds around the clock. Didn't wait for pain to come up.

Also since I didn't need a breast lift, just implants I think this was a lot easier on me too.

I can't wait to see your pics. Take Care!

I will definitely say week 4 you finally start feeling more like yourself. My sweet hubby said 6 more weeks than you get to clean house. He's steaming our tile today. I did dust the living room and bedroom, but he's stuck doing the bathrooms and kitchen. Our son does the vacuuming.

Hubby took some pics this morning, so I'll work on getting on MMH. Going shopping later on.

Have a fabulous day!

Hi Skinny! Checked out your week 5 pics. I have a few stretchmarks as well below my belly button, I never heard of Strivectin...does it work?? I also have stretch marks on my bewbs, figured I'd have to live with it.

How is your swelling now? I guess you have another 8 weeks before it's all gone...does the doc know approximately how many lbs or inches of swelling you still have?

Kate,

I really hope the Strivectin works. I'll let you know after I'm all done with my bottles.

Swelling is better. Some days though it's back with vengence. I can't wait to wake up that day and it's all gone. I don't go back to dr. until 1/22 so I'm not sure how much swelling still there. But I know it's still quite bit. Especially when I'm sitting down. Right above my scar you can see this hump and it feels squishy kinda. It's amazing too how much my abs may hurt from time to time. Like yesterday was sitting bending wrapping presents and when went to straighten up, ouchy. Also I still don't lay down flat on back because I tend to over stretch and hurt myself. And I let out a big sneeze the other day, and it still hurts bad.

My port area has been hurting too. I don't know why more but I think when at work I tend to lean to side causing it irritation.

I'm struggling with food right now. Did really well first week after fill, and lost 6 lbs, than Christmas parties hit and been eating junk. Gained 4 back. Ugh. I got stuck this morning eating cocoa pebbles. I so wanted that chocolate for Breakfast. I went so long without restriction that I forget to slow down. I really can barely have breakfast or drink first thing in morning without getting painful hiccups. Once I do slow down and eat though I can get good. more than a cup. I think I need another slight fill but have to wait month between fills.

Be safe tomorrow going to your appt.

Merry Christmas Skinny!!!

Merry Christmas!

We started the drive Christmas eve around 1pm to see our family and it was an experience. Texas got some of the blizzard weather here. The trip is normally 6 hours, so 27 hours later we made it. I have never been stuck in traffic like this before. Not moving for hours, sleeping on/off in the car, not having food to eat. When we left we didn't think the weather was that bad. Bad weather was due to be over by 6pm. We're from Amarillo, which gets snow, so we thought we know how to drive in this. No biggie.. We'll the 1,000's of other people don't know how to drive. I've never seen so many wrecks and stranded cars. I wondered, where did all those people go? We finally heard the National Guard came and made them leave their car and take them to shelters. Thank goodness. So thankful for answered prayers to get to make it home to see family for Christmas.

I hope all of you had a blessed one!

Had my 10 week checkup today with surgeon. Time sure did go by fast. Everything is healing perfectly.

The little bit of puckering on right side under boob, we'll wait and see what happens. Hope it will smooth out over time. It happend because of my previous reduction. There was less tissue to work with when he had to stitch back up.

I have the all clear to start exercising. I feel like i've become so lazy though I hope I can get motivated to get back at gym. I'm super busy at work and my son plays varsity soccer so we have games 2x week and tournaments over weekend.

I love my flat tummy. Still have some swelling especailly end of day. Boobs also look great. I still have some discomfort sneezing/coughing and stretching. Sitting for long periods at time, when I get up, everything is so tight. Takes me a few seconds to stand back up fully.

I need to make another appt for a fill because eating more than 1c, but also been having that acid reflux again. It's bothersome, but I'd rather loose these last 15 lbs. so on nightly meds to help.

Happy Monday everyone!