Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinnyjeans turn for a flat tummy

Had a great day today. Went to mall with family, movies--Old Dogs. Oh my. Funny movie. Really hurt the belly though. I had to turn face from looking few times because i didn't want laugh anymore. Was holding on my stomach. But really enjoyed time with family. Each day gets better.

I go back to work Monday and not looking forward to it. I have so much work and will be right in midst of month end. Ugh. Means long work hours. I really hope I'm up for it. It not I may have to be sick...

Excited to be able to go church tomorrow. We help with our youth and I miss them.

Thanksgiving was great, but ended up eating too much. Without fill not sure why my stop point is. Still get pain in port area when over eat, but bad I had to wait for that to fill full. I really have to watch myself until I can get fill.

Skinny, I hope you do well at work, I am sorry you are going back to a heavy workload. Thanks for the movie review, I had been wanting to see Old Dogs, I hope it stays around a while. I am very worried about the pre-op unfill, every time I have had an unfill I gain 12 pounds in 2 weeks!!!! I am sure that didn't happen to you.

Mimi

Mimi,

I don't know how much they cut-off so I really don't know what I've gained. i'm weighing same as surgery date so figure it might be gain of 5lbs or so because implants are gunna add back to what they took off.

With the holidays I've been eating all the good stuff, but tomorrow is back to bandster eating. This is my first time to ever be totally unfilled.

I bet you will do fine. The first week you don't have much of appetite so if you can get fill soon after. I'm going to try to get an appointment this week or next for fill.

Thanks for the feedback, SJ, and goodluck with getting your refill scheduled soon. I was too tight to enjoy the holiday food, so I am glad you were unfilled at the right time to enjoy it, LOL.

Mimi

Wow, I'm super tired. went work 8-4:30 than took 1 hr nap when got home, and been working since. I knew it would be tough going back to work. Around noon, my clothes got extremely tight. Could feel stomach swell. Weirdest feeling. I can only wear stretchy clothes, nothing fits. UGH. I hope i have more energy tomorrow. So far boss hasn't noticed how slow I'm getting around. He didn't know I was having surgury, while on vacation.

Cold front came in last night, so allergies acting up. Nose is runny and red, eyes itchy ect. Need to sneeze but don't want to. It hurts to bad. I hope zyrtec will help me feel better tomorrow.

I did post some wk2 picks on MMH. Slight change. Scar healing nice.

Home has been pretty stressful. Maybe that causes more swelling too??? My son who is a senior told us he wants to quit and get his GED... He's ready to start living HIS life and get his EMT so he can be a figherfighter. He only has 6mos left of highschool. Totally floored us. Trying to find out what we can do to help him accelerate graduation. kids...

Have a great week Friends!

I am sorry work took so much out of you, I wish you could do half days for a while. It is distressing your son wants to quit.....maybe he could take EMT classes at night and keep going to school? I will wish you the best it is a difficult time for you.

I didn't write down the password, could you repost it when you have more strength and time? Oh, I know, I will scroll up and find it. Sorry, didn't mean to be lazy. I hope you feel perkier soon.

All the best,

Mimi

I just visited your site and darn girl, you are looking good!!!! Your boobies are so smooth and nice and your tummy so flat!!!! Your suture line is healing great and your belly button looks so normal. I hope my helping friend won't be too embarrassed to take pictures of my progress!!!! We are long time friends but not kissing cousins, LOL!!!!

Mimi

Hey there Skinny! Wow I would be stressed too. My youngest daughter is a senior as well.. Maybe try to explain to him that a GED is not the equivalant of a high school diploma and could really hurt him for future employment. I understand wanting to be a firefighter but really it's only 6 months away and like mimi said he could take night classes for emt. I used to be a headhunter and can tell you alot of employers will not hire someone who has a GED instead of a high school diploma, heck alot of employers won't hire unless you have at least a bachelor's. It's tough out there and to further limit himself could be trouble. I know firefighters don't require the same things as regular employers but who knows he might need to do something different in the future. I hope I helped. I am unemployed now and have a bachelor's and still feel that it is not enough to get a quality position.

You are looking awesome girl! Keep up the good work!:smile:

Hi Skinny:

So tough to be back at work so soon. I hope for the best for you.

While I was reading your post about your first day back to work I was wondering if you're still wearing a compression garment or binder. I found that it helped alot with the swelling if I kept it on all day and didn't take it off until bedtime. It also helped keep everything in place for those unexpected sneezes. I wore mine for about 3 or 4 months.

I'm sorry about your son making you worry. That's our job as parents isn't it? Hopefully he'll listen to your advice and do the right thing. If not, maybe it will work out for the best anyway.

Like 10 to 16% of Americans I am unemployed. My company was closed in April by the new Parent company. I had three weeks of rest before my Tummy Tuck and unfortunately I've had six months of rest afterwards too. I'm very anxious to get back to work and have been trying very hard to get a job. There aren't many jobs out there for my position at this time. I am hopeful that things will turn around soon. I was okay with being laid off in the summertime, but it's so boring now and I really want to work. It's too easy to eat when bored and am now weighing in at my lapband surgeon's office weekly so that I can be accountable to someone besides me. I've gained 20 pounds since being laid off. I took off 4.5 the first week I weighed in (last week). I am hoping for two pounds a week until I can take off the remaining 15.5 pounds that I don't want to keep. I'm not changing my ticker because it's just a small bump in the road that I'm getting over in the next two months.

Have a great week getting back into the groove.

Take care.

Sue

Thank you for the encouragment for my son. He's doing better today. His girlfriend broke up with him. He's struggling with this a lot. First love. Fortunately, she doesn't go to same school so he doesn't have to face her everyday. I guess in his mind he felt he could move on and start on his career early. I made some calls to colleges and found out he can't even begin EMT program until he's 18 so that wasn't an option for him. He did some more thinking and said he will go back to school tomorrow. While I was out on surgery he skipped school so he has around 5 days to make up. As long as he buckles down, he only has 3 weeks left of this semester to complete. He just gets impulsive and wont listen to anyone. It's like he has to come to the conculsions on his own, has to be his idea.

I'm still feeling icky today. Only worked til around 3, than came home for nap. Hope to be in bed by 7. Made some chicken taco Soup for dinner to warm up with. It's rainy and cold here.

Sue,

My Dr. didn't give me compression or binder. Said he doesn't use them. I'm not so sure I agree now, especially since back at work. I did wear Spanx cami today and it seemed to help some. I might order a compression and use anyways. Can't hurt, right? Do you have any suggestions for what kind?

Oh yeah, I know you will get the extra weight off. 4.5 lbs in week is great. I know about the accountability. I so need fill but port area is still tender. Kinda scared it will hurt too much, plus I'm still on some potent Vitamins that are big and too nasty to cut. Have about 5 days left of these. Sorry about the job hunt. We've had several layoffs. I'm thankful I've been retained through them. What kind of work are you in? I will be praying for your job situation.

Edited by skinnyjeans
more to say

Hey there skinny! Wow I can't believe you don't have a compression garment!!! I can't even imagine. Every time I take it off I feel like my guts might fall out. You can purchase them at any medical supply place. It really gives you support! I hope you find one. You will be amazed at what a difference it makes.

I'm finally feeling better today from my cold. I hope to have hubby take some 3 week pics tonight. Swelling seems a little better. I go PS on Monday for follow up and get tapes removed from breasts. Also have a fill scheduled for Wednesday. I so need this. But think the extra I've been able to eat has helped with healing. Scar is looking really good.

SJ I am glad you are feeling better, I have missed you posting. It will be great to see some new pictures. I am excited for you to get the tape off the girls!!!

I am happy for you to be getting a fill Wednesday.

Mimi

Hey there skinny.. what type of tape do you have? I don't have tape, I have stitches. I can hardly wait to see your new pics!! I find the more I do the more I swell.. how was your week at work.. I can't even imagine having to work right now.. I get exhausted going up the stairs lol.