Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinnyjeans turn for a flat tummy

I had a consult I think back in May/June and it's finally here. Surgery is Thursday 11/12 and I can't believe it. I'm having a breast aug and extended Tummy Tuck. I went today for my un-fill. I'm a little worried because now I think my band may have a leak. I knew I had been able to eat a lot more since a fill in Aug (thankfully didn't gain, but didn't loose). I have my fills under flouro everytime and supposedly I was at 4cc (i have 4cc band) but NP was only able to pull out 1.6cc. I hope they just messed up at last fill. I won't know though until I can get fill again.

Anyways back to PS. I'm super excited. Will be staying the night in hospital since having both procedures at once. I will have a pain pump. Husband it staying with me and my mom and dad will be coming next week to stay a week. My son is a teenager so he is pretty much self sufficient. I'm taking off through Thanksgiving and hope this will be enough time. I have a desk job. I'm worried about the pain but feel the extra $ on pump will help a lot.

Over 11 years ago I had a breast reduction and didn't get very good advice from my PS. I was young and was just tired of my big boobs. Went from DDD to B.

We'll after gaining 60 lbs and now loosing they look flat on top. I'm a 38C but that is mainly from the side fat boob. I'm only going to a D but Dr. said I could easily be DD. I just dont' want to be that. Been there done that. Just need a little more on top.

I'm currently in a size 12 pants (started out tight 20w) and was able to fit a 10 the other day. I still have 15 lbs to loose to get to goal. Dresses I wear 14 (broad shoulders/back) and tops PL. I'm 5'2 and 160. I carry my weight in my belly and can't wait to join the flatlands.

I have learned so much from you all. I debated about starting this thread but felt if I can play it forward than I will. Matter of fact it took me 15 min to figure out to even start a thread. I only did this once when first banded in 2007.

Here's a link to some pics hubby took.

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/breast-augmentation-implants/tt-ba-a10474

PW -- byebyerolls

Hey skinnyjeans!! Excited to share your journey with you. Thank you so much for posting.

I started having lap band "possible leak" issues about 3 years ago. I lost 100 lbs, was ready to lose about 35 more to be finished when it abruptly stopped. I was 2 years post op so I figured I had learned how to eat past the band, that the magic was over, and it was some psychological thing. I went back in dutifully for fills, sometimes I would lose no fill, other times I'd lose all of it, or 1cc. It is really unpredictable.

The docs aren't sure whether the port is just hard to stick 100% (and as a result it is not making it into the band) or if I have a hairline leak that shows up if I bend certain ways. I stopped all exercising, thinking my yoga was the culprit, and over a 1 month period still lost volume in the band.

My upcoming PS will also replace my port with a low profile one, and I am PRAYING this fixes the issue. I look decent at 210 lbs, but I'm still 210 lbs. I really want to get into the 160's or 150's. I'm struggling with unreliable fills and no support group. (I was banded 2 hours away from where I live) I went from 190 to 210 and am clinging to this weight for my dear life. LOL. Losing is hard.

Is the PS replacing your port as part of the procedure? The part doesn't cost that much, $500 - 700...my PS is swapping it out at cost for me. Much better than having a separate procedure if its just a leaky port, which is common.

EDIT: So I thought it was all psychological and my fault, til I spoke with the NP last week. I said look, is it that I'm 5 years post op? Do I know how to trick the band? And he looked at me funny, and said "It either gives you restriction or it doesn't...Can you guzzle Water? Do you burp?" and I realized I can chug Water, eat bread, chicken with no problem. So, it was wonderful to know it wasn't me screwing it up.

Edited by kcampbell

Good Luck on your surgery. Like you I have 15lbs till goal. I am getting a Tummy Tuck and getting rid of the chicken wings on Jan 5th. Can't wait. I figure that will be half of my 15lbs. The girls and thighs will be later down the road.

I am thrilled that so many ppl are posting about their PS. As mine gets closer I will post pictures and more commentary. Skinny jeans, your pictures are very inspirational and I will be following you closely. I don't have anyone "close" enough to take such honest pictures.

Mimi

Kate,

I was hoping to get the low profile port but my lapband Dr. is out of town this week so it didn't work out to have done at same time. Hopefully old port won't stick out after TT and it'll be fine. It was going to be around the same $600-1000 to have my lapband dr. replace.

I was wondering how they determine if you have a leak. The fill before my unfill I was supposedly at 4.2 and they were only able to get out 3. I just figured I was a real slow looser. I've been at 160 for a year. I'm ok with being here but really would be healthier at 145.

I'm glad you had confirmation that it's not psychological. I was able to eat pretty much everything too. Hang in there.

When is your surgery?

Vonhelzing/mimilou,

thank you for the well wishes. I'm getting nervous and of course started. Nothing like pms during this time. I felt just exhausted today and bad headache. I have lots work to get done tomorrow before taking off.

Also had preop bloodwork today. All should be good to go.

Skinnyjeans:

Today's your big day! My thoughts are with you and wishing you a smooth surgery and quick recovery.

Let us know how you're doing when you feeling up to it.

Take care.

Sue

Best wishes today! Let us know how it goes when you can! J

Thank you all for prayers and best wishes. I'm doing well. Surgery took 6 hours. At hospital and will go home today. I haven't gotten up yet. Think i will feel lot pain when i have to. I have a catheter so it's been good. No nausea and overall feel good just tired. didn't really sleep much. It's been off/on in 30 min intervals. The morphine last night didn't even knock me out for a little bit. I did move a few times and felt bad shockwave pain but subsided quickly. I was surprised that at first my breasts hurt more. Like I did a ton of push ups.

I did wake up extra swollen and just drinkng Water got big hiccups. Glad I had un-fill. Taking my bromelain to help with swellling and arnica.

Mimilou-i do have a pain pump. It will run out today sometime. The sides of tummy seem to hurt the most, which I guess is normal since they pull the muscles back in. I only have one drain and it is around 30cc. Last night, had the weirdest feeling in boobs. The swelling hit big time. It was like I was sitting in chair fine, then boom, they grew 5x. Taking the bromelain did seem to help soon after they swelled to bring back down some. I want to take a peek at tummy but hubby won't let me.

I slept ok again. Seems like dose in and out every 30 min. Ready to sleep full hour.

I am glad you can get to your computer to post. I hate that your pump will run out today, I hope your oral meds will see you through. I had to laugh at your wanting to peek at your tummy, I don't know how I will bear the suspense, either!!!! I have no hubby to police me, but a dear friend will be coming to help me out and she may want a peek, too!!!!! I hope you sleep well tonight.

Mimi

Today was post op appt with Dr. He said all looks well. i'm still to be in flexed position and gradually straighten a bit each day. Friday he will remove the drain. He did explain that later in the day to expect to be more swollen. My dear friend came and took me to appt and we watched movies. I am still taking pain meds every 4-6 hours so still pretty drowsy. I'm not in a lot of pain, i just believe in staying on top of things. The highest pain felt has been around 5 (Scale 1-10) Mom and dad will be here tomorrow to watch me the rest of the week. Overall, I feel real good. Answered prayers. I had a harder time when I got my lapband than this. Haven't had a bowel movement yet though. Taking benefiber every day and stool softner, so I hope this doesn't cause me distress.

The girls are now in a sportsbra for 3 months. I'm supposed to massage them 3x day and shower 2x day.

skinny,

glad to hear your doing well. Are you able to sleep in your bed or do you have to be in a chair. This is one of my worries for my TT.