Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinnyjeans turn for a flat tummy

Hi Skinny:

My doctor provided the first binder and it's velcro from top to bottom at the middle, kind of like you would wrap a towel around you, but it's made with stiff stuff and the velcro closes at the seems that go vertical from the ribs down almost to the pubic bone. I couldn't have worn that one comfortably under the correct size clothes - only jammies or sweat pants. At this stage you could probably buy a binder at Kohl's or JC Penney. You'll want to make sure you buy the kind that has "bones" in it so that it doesn't roll up or down. I bought one from JC Penney that I would use still if I wanted to try to get an hourglass figure with a tight, flat stomach. I did wear it about a month ago because I wanted to look extra thin for an event that I went to. It went from just under my boobs to just above my yoohoo with enough room to bend comfortably. I also have one that I bought at JC Penney. It doesn't have the "bones" in it, but it stays up good and it has a panty and tops of legs in it too. Has to pull down to go to bathroom, but because it's just a tight stretchy thing it's easy to pull up and down.

I lost another pound this week for my weigh in at the doctors. He says it's a battle to maintain during the holidays, and a big plus to lose. I'm focused and working at it still. Down 5.5 in two weeks with 14.5 to go!

Hope you can keep the swelling away!

Thanks for your prayers for my job situation. I am an Accountant and was the Controller at my last job before we were closed by our new parent company. It's hard to find a job at my level, or even just below. Tight economy doesn't hire alot of middle management. But I keep trying and hope that things improve on the job front soon. I'm very bored staying home alot.

Take care.

Sue

Hey there skinny.. what type of tape do you have? I don't have tape, I have stitches. I can hardly wait to see your new pics!! I find the more I do the more I swell.. how was your week at work.. I can't even imagine having to work right now.. I get exhausted going up the stairs lol.

I think it's just surgical tape. I have stitches too that will disolve on their own. Work was rough cause got this cold. Ended up only working 3 days and 1 of them was from home. I do tire pretty quickly too. Went to mall today with son for few hours and was exhausted when came home.

I posted some new pics on MMH. Not sure there is much change in swelling. Posted some close ups of incision. It's still scabbed in front but most scabs on sides are gone. My mom bought me this bikini bottom for a $1 but she didn't bring me a top. So looks funny. Oh well, next time will have better wardrobe. haha

http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/breast-augmentation-implants/tt-ba-a10474

PW byebyerolls

Nose has been running all day and feel congested again. Went to mall for little bit because was tired of being indoors. Found a binder and girdle panty. Not sure I will wear them yet until I see PS on Monday to see if he thinks I'm where I should be regarding the swelling. My right side is still tender where the drain was at. Wonder how long it will feel this way.

I had another lapband friend come over today and it was nice to see her. She was just banded in Mar this year and is doing nicely. She finally has restriction and it's kinda funny to hear her stories we've all been through.

Sue--Congratulations on another 1lb down. I'm an Accounting professional myself. You're level of posiiton is tough. I have a few friends out of work too. Over qualified. I hope things turn around soon for you.

Kate-thank you for the nice compliments.

Mimi-missed you too.

I better get off this computer. Been on it too long.

Goodnight

SJ, sorry you are having a little relapse....hopefully it is your cold's last hurrah before giving up and letting you get better.

Your swelling is definitely better and your incision line is healing so well. No stitches on the outside? I think you are doing well and gotta love Mom for caring, LOL!!!! The bottom half fits perfectly!!!

Mimi

Skinnyjeans:

I looked at your updated pics. You look GREAT! One of the next exciting steps is when your bellybutton scabs go away and you get to see your new bellybutton. I loved how small my new bellybutton looked. I know that my new bellybutton is actually my old one, but it looks so different I'm just calling it my new one.

Rest up and get rid of that cold.

Take care.

Sue

Back at work today. It was freezing in my office. wore my coat and scarf most of the day. If it continues to be cold, I think I'm going to have to work from home. Don't want to end up with pneumonia. Worked about 7 hours and was exhausted than drove 1 hr. for my PS appt.

Appt. went well. had a stitch on each side of breast that he removed. Didn't hurt. Boobs healing nice. I need to massage the right side more (this one has bigger implant) so massage may help it settle where they will end up.

Tummy is healing nice. I'm where he expects me to be. I was able to get in my loose jeans yesterday. They where a little uncomfortable in my scar area but not tight. Still can't wear my dress slacks. I'm going to wear the compression I got yesterday just to see if it feels any different. Oh yea, PS said I can start using Mederma on the scar and belly button looking good.

Other than feeling exhausted after driving home from PS i'm feeling good. It is that time of month and don't seem to be any more bloated.

Thanks for the update, SJ. Now I am glad I kept dress slacks 2 sizes too big so I will have something to wear. I bought some sweat pants for $5 a pair at Walmart, but it costs $8 to hem them so I won't be wearing them out in public!!!! Not going to pay that much for 2-4 wks of wear!!!

You sound like you are doing great, and that is wonderful....except for getting tired easily, which is normal and understandable.

I hope they warm up your office for you, being cold is miserable.

Take care,

Mimi

Hey there skinny! That sucks your office is cold.. I am freezing all the time lol.. less body fat to keep me warm! It is nice that working from home is an option for you. I hope you are able to get into your clothes soon. That has to be frustrating. Try and not do to much that could be why you still have alot of swelling. I find if I do to much I swell up like a balloon. Have a great day and stay warm!

Well office was warmer today and work was good. I'm just swamped and year end is right around the corner.

I'm also bummed. Started my period. I had cryoablation (freezing uterine lining) back in April for heavy periods. This didn't work so right before TT in Oct had the ablation where they burn the lining. I was really hoping I would be done with period. Bummed because I hope this doesnt mean I'm looking at hysterectomy next year. If so boy I sure could have used 6 weeks off and combined TT and Hysterectomy. oh well, can't look back now.

I ate me a big steak tonight since getting fill tomorrow. It's going to feel weird to have restriction again. I'll be on liquids a day than mushies 2 days.

Tried the binder today. Like the way I looked like I had curves in my sweater, but by end of day felt miserable. I am real swollen right now. I sure miss working out too. All in all though I'm so happy with my PS.

Thanks Allie- I really hope I'm back in clothes soon too. I just gotta remember that I'm healing and can't rush things.

Mimi-Good thing you kept some bigger sizes, you might need them.

SJ, I am glad your office is warmer, not so miserable. I am sorry the binder made you miserable, but the day will come when the swelling is gone. Hang tough!!!! I am already worrying about when I am recovering not being able to work out. Did your doc say when you could start and what you could start with, like treadmill/walking?

Mimi

Hey there.. mimi, my doc said no excercize at all for at least 6 weeks.. he doesn't want me to get my heart rate above 85 until at least then. I think walking at a light pace would be ok. As long as you kept your heart rate down.

YAY, today was able to fit in my dress slacks. Not as loose as they were pre surgery but swelling going down.

Had my fill. She only wanted to put 1 cc. Talked her into 2 cc and band still had .4, so now at 2.4cc. Funny how as the Fluid went in I could feel the tightening immediately and gurgling in throat started. On liquids for day than to mushies. It didn't hurt my tummy too much either. Also my weight was down 2 lbs. YAY

Mimi-my Dr. said no strenuous activity for 10 weeks. UGH.. long time but think some walking ok. Tomorrow is 4 weeks.

Skinny:

I hope you didn't get too much of a fill. I know you've had your band for a while, but be careful if you're gurgling today. You may be too tight tomorrow. I hope not. Anyway, you're still recuperating from surgery and your body needs good nutrition while you are healing. Keep the healing as your priority for a while. Your band will keep you in check as long as you're not wide open.

Best wishes to your continued success.

Sue