Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinnyjeans turn for a flat tummy

Thank you Mimi,

Yesterday was good day. Felt tired around 5 and took nap until 7. I might have ran a slight fever last night because woke up sweating. My sister called yesterday and said they would be coming down for Thanksgiving. I'm so excited!

There was a little spot on incision that had some bleeding yesterday (not much). Not sure if I stretched it too much by trying to stand more upright.

Was able to take a shower standing up and pretty much can get around by myself now without help from others. It just takes me time. Walking pretty slow still.

Sue,

Your results are amazing. You look wonderful. What an inspiration you are for others.

I am not surprised you ran a little fever, with all you did!!! Actually that indicates a good and resilient immune system, which is wonderful. That is wonderful that you are almost upright, yay for being in such good physical shape!!!! Is it easier getting in and out of the chair?

Mimi

Thank you Mimi,

Yesterday was good day. Felt tired around 5 and took nap until 7. I might have ran a slight fever last night because woke up sweating. My sister called yesterday and said they would be coming down for Thanksgiving. I'm so excited!

There was a little spot on incision that had some bleeding yesterday (not much). Not sure if I stretched it too much by trying to stand more upright.

Was able to take a shower standing up and pretty much can get around by myself now without help from others. It just takes me time. Walking pretty slow still.

Sue,

Your results are amazing. You look wonderful. What an inspiration you are for others.

Skinnyjeans:

Thanks for the compliments. :thumbup:

About Thanksgiving......I hope you're not doing the cooking. That will surely be too much for you at this point. Remember, baby yourself now, better results later.

Take care.

Sue

Sue,

Nope no cooking for me. Family and friends will be doing it all. Just excited my sis is coming.

I'm up a few pounds today. I wonder how soon I can go get a fill. I was very hungry yesterday.

Hey there skinny! You look amazing. I am so glad you are doing well. I am now 4 days post op and feeling alot better. I saw your drain was on the side of you, I have two coming straight out of the mound of my vagina.. eek. I am also hoping to get them out on Wed when I go see doc. I have to thank you for all your great info. I didn't have alot of pain except in thighs where I had Lipo which was a huge surprise. Have you tried the wedge pillow? I swear by it. It has helped keep me at the angle with pillows under my knees. One thing I would suggest to anyone getting plastic surgery, you need someone you feel comfortable with, with you for at least 3 days. It is rough going, I got a uti and uggh it was terrible. Thank God my hubby was there to take great care of me. Keep posting pics skinny! I am glad you are feeling so good!

Skinny:

I got a fill about 3 weeks after Tummy Tuck. My port is just under the center of my rib cage. My doc has us lay back and arch our backs so that he can get easy access to port. I had to wait until I thought I could stay in that position without hurting too much.

Glad you're doing so well.:biggrin:

Take care.

Sue

Hey there skinny! You look amazing. I am so glad you are doing well. I am now 4 days post op and feeling alot better. I saw your drain was on the side of you, I have two coming straight out of the mound of my vagina.. eek. I am also hoping to get them out on Wed when I go see doc. I have to thank you for all your great info. I didn't have alot of pain except in thighs where I had Lipo which was a huge surprise. Have you tried the wedge pillow? I swear by it. It has helped keep me at the angle with pillows under my knees. One thing I would suggest to anyone getting plastic surgery, you need someone you feel comfortable with, with you for at least 3 days. It is rough going, I got a uti and uggh it was terrible. Thank God my hubby was there to take great care of me. Keep posting pics skinny! I am glad you are feeling so good!

Thanks Allie,

I can't wait to see your pictures. Yep only 1 drain for me. My Dr. uses a different suture method and only keeps drain in 1 week. I'm so glad was on side. I hope you get yours out Wed. I didn't have the wedge pillow. Debated about buying one but didn't. I'll probably post week 2 pics friday sometime. take care

Can't belive it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since PS. It has gone by fast. I didnt' get all the reading or Rosetta stone (Italian-taking Meditterain cruise in JUly 2010) done that I had planned. I'm feeling better and better each day. Today went to movie with son and then grocery store for a few items. Family will be here tonight.

Swelling is going down, just slowly. Scars are healing nicely. The bump on right side though did puss/bleed a little yesterday. I'm still washing with hibiclens so it will kill bacteria. Breasts hurt when they are cold. I guess this will happen for a while. Nipples are super sensitive.

DH wants to know when he can try out the new bod. I told him no exercise for 10 weeks. He frowned. didn't like that answer. I forgot to ask the PS. Anybody know?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING lapband friends. Thank you for your support and prayers.

hey there. I am so glad you are feeling good. As for your question my hubby has been asking since the day of surgery lol.. this is from my doctors office:

It depends on what you are planning to do! More or less, follow the same restrictions as for exercising. You cannot strain your abdominal, thighs, and back muscles greatly for the first six to eight weeks. Having said this, it is very helpful for your body, soul and psyche to have intimate relationship early on. This will also be beneficial for your significant other. They are most likely as scared as you are; and are afraid to do anything that might hurt you. Don’t be afraid. Proceed as is comfortable for both of you.

So I hope that helped lol.

LOL, men are so funny, with all those restrictions it will be wonderful to figure out how to do the deed!!!!!

I am sorry you have a pocket of something, but it can't be too extreme or your doc would have you on antibiotics and like you said, you are already using hibiclens. I already have my bottles just waiting for me.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. Enjoy your day!!!!

Mimi

Edited by Mimilou2004

Men. LOL!

Skinnyjeans, you look AWESOME!! I have a similar belly, and I'm so excited to have no "hangover" my panties. Woo hoo.

Hibiclens? I don't know about this. Can I get this over the counter??

Hibiclens is available in most drugstores. It is in the first aid supplies section around here. It comes in an aqua 8 oz bottle. The staff should be able to help you find it.

Mimi

Kate,

Yep just ask the pharmacy for Hibiclens. My dr. had us take 3 showers using it before surgery and 2 weeks after on incisions. He had strict guidlines. Clean sheets/towels after first 3 shower. No pets in bed.

Uh, oh, Skinny, I have 3 dogs who sleep with me no matter what time I am in bed. I will get them groomed right before my surgery. Your doc is very strict!!!! Not knocking him, just scared my doc will say the same thing!!!!

Mimi