Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skinnyjeans turn for a flat tummy

Mimilou,

I will say I really like the boobies. There were so many cute clothes this year I couldn't buy because didn't have enough fullness on top. I'm glad I went for the impants. It wasn't a priority for me. I didn't want be bigger than C but because I had extra skin needed bigger implant to fill out.

I'm so excited for your journey to start. Can't wait to follow your progress. I'm glad you a have a good friend to help you out.

Had my 1 week followup with Dr. today. He said everything is healing perfect. drain is out. YAY! It didn't even hurt when he removed it. I was breathing and bracing myself for pain because I remember years ago when had breast reduction when they removed drains it hurt like crazy.

Belly button did ooze some this morning after shower. he said this is normal and watch it. Bump of skin on right side he said will smooth out over time.

Swelling .... Well just will take time. up to 8 months for total swelling to subside. Mom made me laugh. She can't belive how much flatter tummy is even with all the swelling.

Hubby took 1 week pics and will load them now on MMH.

Even went shopping with mom for around 3 hours today. Took several breaks to just sit while trying on clothes/ shoe shopping. Only took tylenol and feeling really great. Almost able to stand completely upright. Feel most of the pulling in groin area.

Hi Skinny:

Be careful not to do too much. Three hours of shopping may set you back a bit or increase your swelling over the next few days.

Funny what you said about the pulling being in the groin area. That's where I would get the worst sharp pains. It was impossible to sleep on my side because the pain would come right away if I did. Unfortunately that's where my body goes when I'm asleep. The pain would randomly hit there when I wasn't doing anything too.

Sounds like you're well on your way to recovery. It's nice to have the drains out. It makes showering and getting dressed so much easier.

Get some rest and relax.

Take care.

Sue

Wow, Skinny, you are doing so well!!!! Good for you!!! Listen to Sue and don't over due it. I am so happy that the drains are out and you are feeling so well.

I am eager to see the pictures. Reading about your decision for implants (flat on top) makes me re think whether I need the implants. Is it silly to be almost 60 with totally perky young bewbies? I don't know!!!!

Thank you for your encouragement and all the information you are sharing.

Mimi

Just had my first sneeze. Oh my gosh. Need a hydrocodone now. Hurt bad

If you feel a sneeze or a good laugh coming hug a pillow to your abdomen and hold it there until after the sneeze or laugh. Sneezing and laughing were painful for the first couple of weeks.

Take care.

Sue

First of all, you look amazing!!!!! I love the way when you bend over the rolls are gone. And your bewbies are not resting on your midriff which is so smooth now!!! There is air under them!!!! He did agreat job with your nibbles, too!!!! Thank you for your reassurance that even at 58 perky ones are OK>>>>>

Keep healing and posting. I hope I heal as quickly!!!!

Mimi

Thank you Mimi. I just can't wait for all swelling go down to really see end result. I know it takes time. UGH.

Slept really well last night. Parents are gone, house back to quiet. My mom is really loud compared to me. I have sweet quiet voice and she's loud and overpowering. gotta love her though.

Today, think I'm up to reading a good book and just relaxing.

thank you Sue for the sneeze/laugh advice. I'd love to see pics of your results. Is it out here somewhere?

If you look at my profile page here they are on my Album section. I have 3 pics for comparison. The first one is just after lap band surgery. The second one is before ps. The third one is after ps.

Glad you're continuing to do so well.

Take care.

Sue

you look great! thanks for keeping us up to date on how your doing...

Also Sue your pics are awesome too.. You look great!

you look great! thanks for keeping us up to date on how your doing...

Also Sue your pics are awesome too.. You look great!

Thank you. :thumbup:

Yes, Skinny, just relax and enjoy your book. I am glad you love your Mom, flaws and all. She stepped up to help you and that is super. I wear my Mom's wedding ring set and every time I move my hands they clink together and remind me of her. She would be proud of my wt loss as yours is of yours.

Mimi