Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

My surgery is Thursday. My last diet pepsi will be Wednesday. I am not giving those up until I absolutely have to! lol

I figure, most food I will eventually be able to eat again, even if in very small quantities. However, I will not be drinking diet pepsi again. As a self pay, I do not want to do anything that could jack this band up.

So until I have to stop eating/drinking anything on Wednesday evening, I will be drinking my diet pepsis!

Anyone being a rebel like me??

LOL my liquid diet starts tomorrow - I'm drinking Mt. Dew all day until bed time. lol

oh Mt. Dew my sweet nectar how I'm going to miss you.

I'm on day 6 of the pre- op diet. Yesterday and today have been really hard days. I'm just feeling hungry. I want to chew something crunchy or taste something spicy. My stomach is making all kinds of noises, like the liquid is sloshing around or something. I have my surgery on Friday and lord have mercy it needs to hurry up and get here. Pray for me!!!

I'm on day 6 of the pre- op diet. Yesterday and today have been really hard days. I'm just feeling hungry. I want to chew something crunchy or taste something spicy. My stomach is making all kinds of noises, like the liquid is sloshing around or something. I have my surgery on Friday and lord have mercy it needs to hurry up and get here. Pray for me!!!

I know what you mean. I'm on day 2 of the pre-op and feel very hungry - hopefully it will get better. I can have some real food though. For evening meal I can have Oz of chicken or fish and a half cup of green veggies. I think I will go make it now - can't wait much longer. I also can have 3 Protein Shakes a day. Lost 4 pounds yesterday.

Good luck all.

It will go really fast once you make it past the first couple of days.

- Val

I just started my pre-op diet a couple of days ago and I am like a newborn! I am ready to eat every two hours! What was surprising to me was this morning I woke up and still had my stomach! I was for sure i was going to eat it while i slept...

I'm praying for all because if we arent going through something, we just came out of it or we are about to go through it! Best of luck!

Surgery Date 12/23/2009

My surgery is Thursday. My last diet pepsi will be Wednesday. I am not giving those up until I absolutely have to! lol

I figure, most food I will eventually be able to eat again, even if in very small quantities. However, I will not be drinking diet pepsi again. As a self pay, I do not want to do anything that could jack this band up.

So until I have to stop eating/drinking anything on Wednesday evening, I will be drinking my diet pepsis!

Anyone being a rebel like me??

Youre tempting me!

mine is scheduled for dec 24, xmas eve!

I am 5 days into my two week clear liquid diet. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to do! This sucks!

I keep thinking I only have 9 days until my surgery! scary!

but then I think I have nine more days of feeling starved on Clear liquids and it seems so long..

How is everyone else doing on the pre op diet?

Hi all!

I'm on a week of the strict clear liquid diet. I"m only drinking shakes and Water and some crystal lite. Jello now tastes like metal to me, it's really gross. So, that's all I"m having. I have only lost a pound. I'm freaking out because the Dr. told me if I don't lose a lot more weight he won't do the surgery. Ugh.

HiMow, you and I both have Dr. Oh. I was looking at his profile here and you were on there. He's one tough guy don't you think?

My Dr. makes me nervous that he won't do the surgery. I haven't cheated AT ALL but because I only lost 5 lbs since the liquid diet he is threatening to call off the surgery and that was Friday and I've only lost like 3 pounds since then. Me = freaking out. LOL I keep weighing myself, I keep worrying if maybe 3 shakes is too many. What about Water weight. I'm also seriously bloated because unlike the guys, we have that lovely weight gain before a menstral cycle. I"m a mess people! And I'm so so very hungry. LOL I only have 8 more days of eatting shakes and well...that's it. (I swear I"m so losing it.)

Edited by Sweet Pete

Hi! I am so excited to be part of the December Bandsters 2009! I am a week from my surgery date December 22!! I am so nervous but elated at the same time.

Also... I didn't seem to have an over-extended liver, so I didn't have to do the pre-op liquid diet. Only one day- the day before surgery.

My surgery will be done in Scottsbluff, NE by Drs. Forney and Holloway. They are wonderful and caring doctors! I am so excited!

Any last words of wisdom???

Nebraska Hick Chic:wub:

Edited by nebraskahickchi

Weclome! We are really close in our dates. Mine is Dec. 22nd. Look forward to following each other!!!

Mine is Dec. 22 too!!:thumbup:

Hi all!

I'm on a week of the strict clear liquid diet. I"m only drinking shakes and Water and some crystal lite. Jello now tastes like metal to me, it's really gross. So, that's all I"m having. I have only lost a pound. I'm freaking out because the Dr. told me if I don't lose a lot more weight he won't do the surgery. Ugh.

HiMow, you and I both have Dr. Oh. I was looking at his profile here and you were on there. He's one tough guy don't you think?

My Dr. makes me nervous that he won't do the surgery. I haven't cheated AT ALL but because I only lost 5 lbs since the liquid diet he is threatening to call off the surgery and that was Friday and I've only lost like 3 pounds since then. Me = freaking out. LOL I keep weighing myself, I keep worrying if maybe 3 shakes is too many. What about Water weight. I'm also seriously bloated because unlike the guys, we have that lovely weight gain before a menstral cycle. I"m a mess people! And I'm so so very hungry. LOL I only have 8 more days of eatting shakes and well...that's it. (I swear I"m so losing it.)

That is so weird. The doctors office and the seminar both said that the diet was a two week clear liquid diet. (is that what you're doing too?) He is scarily strict. He made me cry last time I was in his office because I didn't lose the weight. I was not even pre op at the time. I have no doubt he would cancel the surgery, he can be pretty rough with his patients but everyone says HE'S THE BEST!

I was so scared that I started the pre-op diet early and started eating 400-500 cal a day since just after Thanksgiving. I have lost 26 lbs since my nutritionist visit in October. I am still afraid because He told me to lose 30, and that was at six lbs less than when I saw the nutritionist. So basically i have about ten lbs to lose this week.

Stay away from broth and Tomato juice if you aren't losing fast enough because those have so much sodium! They make you retain water on your lady time even more. Also I have only been doing 2 shakes a day. They said up to three, but if you don't need it leave it out!:thumbup:

I am so happy you are going through this with the same doc as me! i am very interested in your progress.

Edited by HiMow

Also... I didn't seem to have an over-extended liver, so I didn't have to do the pre-op liquid diet. Only one day- the day before surgery.

Nebraska Hick Chic:wub:

Our doctor required 2 weeks clear liquid regardless of liver size. He said that thats why he has such an amazing success rate.

If you are allowed, they make a spicey V8. I love it!

Tomorrow is my day - barring any nonsense from insurance. Remember, I had to switch surgeons last minute because mine left his practice? Well the transfer of insurance approval has not happened yet, and my surgery is tomorrow. I'm a little on edge about it, but haven't strayed from my pre-surgery diet regardless. I am so excited ... I'd be chomping at the bit except I haven't chewed anything besides my toothbrush in 12 days! ONE DAY MORE! (can you tell I'm a Les Miserables:redface: fan?)

hey December bandsters we are half way through the month. Congrats to all who have been banded or are being banded today. The rest of us can't wait to join you.

I'm officially underway on the liquid diet - I downed my first Protein shake this morning. it's going to be a long journey but getting there will be worth the ride. Wishing all great results.