Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

Yes, excited to join a group for December banders. Got my band on December 4th and have lost 21 pounds, yeah!!! I took about 7 days for me to feel normal again.

The next step for me is to get my stitches removed which is scheduled for Monday.

I love your quote posted " you will never become who you want to be by remaining who you are..."

I have a question I have been reading that people are posting that they had there carnation to eat what is that is that milk? Sorry this is a silly question but i see that alot.

mercy Clear liquids suck -

I even purchased the Isopure clear with 40g Protein no carbs - I have to hold my nose to drink it. So I have run in to a problem I was practicing sipping and chewing but with this Isopure stuff I'm full on chugging with my nose pinched and then I chase with Decaf tea. The good news is - it fills me and keeps me energized. Since my appt Monday I'm down 3.5 so I'm deterimined it needs to be atotal of 5 lbs by Tuesday.

Oh and to boot - its raining hard here so walking has been hard. My dog is sitting on the couch wondering what the hell I'm doing walking thru the house for exercise!

In just 72 hours I'm be in my hospital room after surgery.:thumbup:

I get banded on 12/21 as well. I just started the Meal Replacement shakes today, although I've been quite full, I am having a hard time because I want to chew something....anything!!!

I tasted turkey and gravy baby food yesterday in preparation for the pureed food week, although it tasted like turkey, I had a really hard time with the texture. Any suggestion for that week?? I can't imagine how I'll get 60 g of Protein in that week...

ae09-

for the pureed food time I have a secret weapon - my mom

she is coming out for a week after surgery and I'm having her make some things for me-

1. boiled potates with boiled cauliflower and i laughing cow triangle throw it in the blender with a dash of milk its like mashed potatoes with a lil more -

2. cabbage Soup - sort of ....boiled cabbage, beef broth and grilled onion all run thru the blender with salt and pepper

3. veggie medley - got green giant freezer bag - she'll make it up and blender all of it

everything will be stored in the freezer in these 1/2 cup glad bowls until I can have it :-)

Wow TinaM.... that all sounds so heavenly. I never though I'd be so excited for blended dinners but this liquid pre-op mess will do it to ya.

Yayy! broth again.....not. Anyone else tryna make it through liquids, or if your through when did it become easier?! :thumbup:

Hi everyone!

I was banded December 10th in Southern California. 2 days out. I've been reading posts here but haven't posted because I thought that I might pull out at the last minute. Going into surgery I was shaking violently! Pain isn't too bad with liquid loritab every 5-6 hours. I've almost picked up leftovers from my kids and ate it without even thinking about it. I'm not hungry, even though my stomach is growling. Tired. I can feel the gas inbetween my shoulderblades. Less painful than a c-section.

I am a self pay, low BMI-er. my weight is 210, and height is 5'9. I wear a size 18/20. and I'm about to turn 31. I've struggled with food most my life. I am very aware that my food addiction is Emotional. I'm taking away my addiction. Hats off to everyone who had to do a pre-surgery diet...I was so nervous, eating everything, I'm not sure I could have done it. Anyways, looking forward to seeing everyones progress.

I am also in Southern California - who was your doctor? I am in "find a doctor phase". I am also self pay.

I have a question I have been reading that people are posting that they had there carnation to eat what is that is that milk? Sorry this is a silly question but i see that alot.

I think they are referring to Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks. Not sure b/c I haven't had them, but that's what I gathered.

I went through top surgeons. Yes, all those bill boards! I have personally emailed three people who went through top surgeons and they more or less felt like they were part of a "lap band mill". For me, I don't really need their emotional or any other support. Just do my surgery precisely, and give me fills correctly. I have found my own therapist and get other information online. As a self pay, I didn't have to do anything extra; no nutritionist, psychologist, etc. Today is Saturday, I didn't have any pain killer and I feel pretty good. Only some discomfort (about similar to being on your period, gorging yourself while having some gas). Nothing I haven't done to myself! I started feeling a bit hungry today. I ate about 1/4 cup of cream of chicken Soup Water downed. Supposed to be on clear liquid till Tuesday. OOPs. Felt fine though.

I'm happy now that I've done it. So far, I've been very emotionally stable! I'm really wondering how much of my mood was sugar induced? I did this mostly to break my addiction to food. Being thinner is a plus ( a big one). But I think I could have learned to love my (currant) size if I wasn’t a slave to each meal. Constantly arguing with myself over every meal. If I didn't gain 12 pounds a month when I ate what ever I wanted. I am an addict, and this is more of an emotional journey for me. I'm really looking forward to my real emotions.

Omg of course it's worth it! Yes, it's worth it. It's most definitely worth it. Pete, you made me laugh about the broth, because I had come to the same conclusion myself: it must be that the salt in the broth is making me retain Water. So I haven't had any broth in at least three days, I'm eating less than 800 calories a day and the weight is not falling off. The only thing I can attribute it to now is the fact that I have been a yo-yo dieter for the past 30 years (I'm 51) and my body is finally saying, "Ha! The joke is on YOU now!" I lost 130 pounds three times, 110 once and 90 last year. I'm a great dieter. But I did find last year the 90 was much harder to get off than in years past. I KNOW what it's like to be the thinnest woman at the party, to have all the eyes on me ... somehow I forget how good that feels and begin to medicate myself again with food.

So we're both here (and probably a lot more of us, too!). What to do? Just keep doing what the doctors have told you. Drink the shakes. Follow the protocol. And don't get whigged out when they see you haven't lost a ton of weight - it's through no CURRENT problem of your own! Its our old baggage come to haunt us. I figure it this way... by the time I've gotten my band, lost some weight, and move around more again I will start showing better losses. And the truth is, when I'm not eating carefully, I never have losses. It's constant gain. So in these two weeks I could have easily gained 7 pounds! Probably true for you, too.

I'm pumped and motivated. I remember how great it feels to be thin, and I've got big plans for next year. I want to go skiing again, I want to enjoy being in pictures, I want to go shopping and share clothes with my daughters again ... the list is endless. And I'm on the way - so are you! And the truth is, I already feel better just knowing that at this very moment I am controlling food, it is not controlling me!

That would be carnation instant Breakfast. It's on my list of allowed liquids, although it must be sugar free. It tastes like nestle quick to me.

I get banded on 12/21 as well. I just started the meal replacement shakes today, although I've been quite full, I am having a hard time because I want to chew something....anything!!!

I tasted turkey and gravy baby food yesterday in preparation for the pureed food week, although it tasted like turkey, I had a really hard time with the texture. Any suggestion for that week?? I can't imagine how I'll get 60 g of Protein in that week...

Chobani yogurt has 15g of protein in it.

You can still have Protein Shakes to get your protein. Add some Peanut Butter to it.

OMG, ME TOO!!!

So, I had a really really bad day yesterday. Like ---- this close to saying "to hell w/all of it!"

The story....

So yesterday I see the internal medicine doc. He says, "you have gallstones and will most likely have to be removed and the xrays show a small vertabrae fracture in the middle of your back due to the weight." Surprise! I freaked out. I thought I was just over weight. I don't have diabetes, sleep apnea...no other symptoms but I weighed almost 300 lbs so I'm fine...yeah right. I've been just fooling myself this whole time that my terrible eatting habits wasn't going to bite me in the arse. I was so angry and upset with myself.

Next, off to the surgeon. They weigh me, I only lost 5 lbs. OMG!! That's it! My scale at home said I've lost 8. Surgeon comes into the office livid at me because of it. He said that if I don't lose anymore weight he's not doing the surgery. I have to come in the day before my surgery, the 21st to weigh in and then he will decide if he's still doing it. I started bawling! Then he says, if he does the surgery he's going to HAVE to take out my gall bladder & fix the hernia. OMG, I'm a mess. He keeps telling me that I have to lose more weight. I keep telling him I'm doing everything I"m supposed, heck I'm not even doing the broth so that I'm not saturated with salts. And he says I should have been working on losing weight even before the 2 week liquid diet. And I'm like, I tried but really....I obviously am obese for a reason. If I could lose weight that easily then why am I in his office. Then he told me don't cheat on the liquid diet and I'm just flipping out because I am not! Not one bit. I actually spit out a piece of gum the other day after biting down once when I realized it was not SF.

Ok, I'm done whining. I just had a really really bad day with the news about how I've failed my body. This is a beautiful machine we were given and I've done and screwed it up and now there is actual "proof". Then to have the surgeon threaten me with not doing the surgery if I don't drop more weight. I don't know what else I"m supposed to be doing. I'm just so frustrated....and HUNGRY!

Oy vey. Chant with me..."this is worth it! This is worth it! This is worth it!"

Wow, sorry to hear about that. Just keep trying...this IS worth it....YOU are worth it!!!!

If it makes you feel better, I am sitting here smelling the bacon that my husband cooked for breakfast. This is after I came home last night to an empty house smelling like pizza, with half the pizza left on the stove!!!! Then my husband and my son come in from the movies with a big bag of buttery popcorn!!! Thank goodness for my Crystal Light popsicle, it's the ONLY thing I like about this pre-diet. So, we have to take what good we can find and make it work! WE are worth it!