Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Hi! My husband and I are waiting for our tests dates and or dates. We need to find Myocel to start on that. (Specific Protein powder) I thought I could find it online and order it but so far no luck. Can anyone help, PLEASE? Thank You! Happy New Year! We are SO excited about the LapBand!

Cherie

What do they say? When it rains it pours:):)

My ex (dad of child) is coming home from Kuwait in June and I have not told him that I am having this surgery. We still have a burning torch so it would not bother me for him to be pleasantly surprised... even if only to say, see.... should have been nicer to me:):) Although that is not why I am doing this.. I am doing this for me, myself and I.. the three of us get along well:)

I will tell you though I am happier without the romantic tangles... I am too independent for my own good.... I don't ever want to get married but I do want to find someone to date and be a travel companion... as I am about to turn 40 soon.. no more kids in my future.. so I am preparing for my next twenty years to be even better than the last twenty years.....

I want to be a "cougar"... just kidding.. I am too conservative to be on the prowl... but an occasional glance my way won't hurt the ole ego...

I also know what you mean about folks picturing your diagnosis with you as a person.. almost as if the diagnosis is the person... I don't talk about the pain ever to my 15 brothers and sisters or my ex... (yes I did say 15 brothers and sisters) I don't want them to see me that way... although they do see the pain in my body with the steroids are wearing off.... but I do not want the PITY party so I just gut through it....

I will tell you Cherie... the RA will not define you.. the Lap Band will not define you.... in fact, it is not the action that makes the person but the reaction....

So, the action is that your DH says "there may be issues"... OK.. all relationships have issues... .now...what are you going to do about it? Counseling is an awesome, awesome method to find out the root of a problem.. you just have to find the right one...

Now another question would be.. how will the relationship with you and the DH be after you lose 75-100 pounds... will there be a burning torch... ?

It is tough....I think it comes down to more of what "you" want versus what the "DH" wants....how hard to you fight?

But I am the wrong person for this... I have three ex-loves.... loved them all.. still do.... but they are ex's for a reason ....

I have been burned so many times... I don't go near the fire....

It is tough.. what does DH say about the surgery?

Jen

I have a week to go before my surgery and it can't come soon enough! I am actually concerned because I have not been informed that insurance has approved me, my surgeons office has been doing all of that and I figure if there was a problem they would have let me know? However, I also assumed they would let me know when I was approved...I guess I will call the office on Monday just to check.

Anyway, I felt the need to post because I think I just had my epiphany. I decided since it is the first of the year and I will be (hopefully!?) getting banded in a week, I should take some of those dreaded before pictures. UGH! Worst experience ever but I guess it really made me realize that getting banded is the right step for me! I didn't realize just how many rolls and how big I actually am :)

Hopefully I will have some new pictures soon that I won't feel so bad about!!

Good luck to all!!!

Hi!

I am new to the forum. My husband and I are going to be banded on 1/21/10 in Mexico. As the date gets closer, my nerves are shot.:)

Anybody else being banded in Juarez, Mexico this month?

weight.png

Edited by Deb03

My surgery is January 13. I'm so excited, but struggling a little with the liquid diet.< /p>

My surgery date is January 8 2010 and I am getting very nervous. Initially I lost 13lbs to qualify for the surgery but the last week with Christmas and New Years, I let myself enjoy some of the food but kept my portions to a minimum. I think I would have been fine but then I got sick and have not been able to do much of a work out at the gym, I still have been walking for 1 hour a day but thats about it. Long story short I fear that I may have gained some weight back.

I am both nervous and excited about this new avenue in my life. I am ready for a change, I am a little nervous about the recovery but I have read a lot of other post on here and everyone seemed to do ok.

Days are now turning into hours, January 4th my big day.. Very excited, scheduled for 10 am my MD is doing two lap bands and one bypass so I shouldn't be bumped too much... I will keep you all posted, good luck to everyone having it on the same day. :smile2:

Hey JuniperNC,

My date is Jan 13th as well...and I hear ya on the diet. Not sure what you are allowed but it is tough....BUT its only for 11 more days!!! You can do it.....its all weight gone....stick to it...make sure your liver is in good shape for surgery and subtract a few pounds from the total.

Start a project and keep busy......If you are like many of us...you've thought about this a LONG while.....whats 11 days?

:smile2:

It sounds like EVERYONE is getting excited... I said this morning that I have 24 days and a wake up and my life starts again..

But I am not waiting for surgery to start my new eating habits.. I am starting now... ie.. no cereal.. egg beaters instead and I am putting on my shapeups and walk for a half an hour in the Wisconsin chilly weather... I will do that every day until my surgery....that is the bond with myself....

I want to lose ten pounds by surgery day.. only five more to go...

What is everyone doing before surgery to be successful for after surgery?

Thanks

Jennifer

I get banded on Monday. I tell you I can not WAIT to have something other than Protein Drinks and broth. If I NEVER see Jello again I think Ill be ok. I am ready for a new start but I am also ready for some scrambled eggs with a little cheese on top.

My surgery is January 13. I'm so excited, but struggling a little with the liquid diet.< /div>

I struggled as well. You can definitely do this. Take it one day at a time. Even though I couldnt eat what my family ate I would still eat with them so I didnt feel alone. If my husband was cooking something for them I just loved I would leave the room or not eat with them. Good Luck and keep it up.

My surgery consult is on the 11th of Jan. Let's stay in touch and share our success!

Donna

I am scheduled for surgery consult 1/11, let's stay in touch. I need support. My husband just left me on New Year's Eve and I am determined to keep my life on track!

Donna

Hi everyone, I was banded in September and one lb. shy of my 25. Have you thought of starting a blog to record your success/challenges? There is a whole blog world of fellow banders and I have found it tremendously helpful. We share tips/recipes/victories and prop each other up when its needed. Whenever I get impatient or discouraged, I read back on my blog to where I started and it gives me encouragement to keep going!

Congrats, you have made a wonderful life changing decision!

Edited by nawlinzlady