Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Re: Name for January banders . . .

Lots of good ideas and certainly would make it easier to post in one place on this site, as I got to admit, I don't follow these threads that well :laugh:...so this would be under the Social Groups category?

All of the names suggested would be good . . . how about "January Journeys" or should that Journies? :glare:

Also, since a few of us have the same date of Jan. 12, good idea to have that second layer of commonality.....whether it be twins, triplets, quads, or more!!!! :smile2:

I'M VOTING FOR JAN BAND JOURNEYS (but I'll go with the majority! anyone want to post the question as a poll? I have no clue how to do that)

I'm off to the airport for San Jose, where I will be banded Jan 12. JAN BANDERS UNITE!! THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE WINNING LOSERS!!

:thumbdown:

I'M VOTING FOR JAN BAND JOURNEYS (but I'll go with the majority! anyone want to post the question as a poll? I have no clue how to do that)

I'm off to the airport for San Jose, where I will be banded Jan 12. JAN BANDERS UNITE!! THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE WINNING LOSERS!!

:smile2:

I too like Jan Band Journeys!! Good luck everyone! 10 more days for me!!

I too like Jan Band Journeys!! Good luck everyone! 10 more days for me!!

Count me as voting for "Jan Band Journeys" . . . good ring to it and I'm excited for all of us!

Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind if I join in the chatting! :thumbdown:

I'm being banded on January 22 by Dr Andrew Smith at the Avenue in Melbourne, Australia.

He has me on three weeks of liquid diet (Optifast), which I am struggling with, but just trying to suck it up and deal with it - I will get there!

Starting to get a bit nervous about the op now - I guess it's normal to feel this way!

Anyway, congrats to all those already banded, and commiserations to those on liquid diets :smile2: Looking forward to sharing this journey together!

Awesome suggestions!! Let's keep 'em coming. By the last week of January (most of us should be banded by then) I will create a poll and we can vote if you like! It'd be nice to keep a place for us on here so we can keep in touch and keep a cumulative account of our weight loss!!

Thank you for taking the lead on this.

Hi all! I'm being banded on 1/27 and my pre-op where I learn my pre-op diet is on 1/12. I can't wait!

Go Jan Band Journeys!!

My date is Jan 26th!!! My pre-op appointment is the 14th. I just can't wait!! I seems so quick yet I feel like I have to wait so long!

Go JAN BAND!

HI EVERYONE! I am a fellow January Bandster and have a huge favor to ask. I've been posting for several weeks on this thread and am so excited to go through this journey with you. However....

I am being banded January 15th in Tijuana, MX. I am 28 and 230 starting with a goal of 130.

I know it is frowned upon, but as of now, I have decided not to tell anyone about this surgery. Because of that, I was wondering if there would be someone who would be willing to check on my throughout the travel and surgical process. I know we are pretty anonymous right now but I'd really appreciate it so I can have a little piece on mind.

I promise to eventually tell my sister but I'm just worried she will be upset with me so I want to tell her afterward.

Is there anyone willing to swap numbers and actually TALK and promise to stay in touch with me throughout the process? Yes, I will be in Mexico, but I will have my cell phone so it won't cost YOU anything, just me. Any takers??

Hi! My name is Celia and I was banded yesterday, 1/4/10. I hope that you do not mind me joining in your group. I have been lurking around for a few weeks and I have decided to speak up.

My surgery was done out patient, although I was there from very early in the morning til almost dark. I had a large hernia that my doctor repaired and I believe that is where most of my pain is coming from. Gas is also another problem, so please make sure that you have some Gas-X strips. They are wonderful.

My doctor put me on a diet 2 weeks prior to surgery that was low carb. No more than 15 grams of carbs per meal. Then 48 hours before surgery, I had to do Clear Liquids. Surgery day was clear liquids and today was full liquids. Around day 4 to 7 I can start on soft foods.

I have pretty much been able to get up and do as I needed to at home with little help, but I have napped a good bit today.

I think that being banded is the greatest way to strat off the new year and I am so looking forward to this time next year to see how far we have all come. Good luck to all!

Welcome Cowgirl! Congrats on a successful surgery. Thanks for the tip on the Gas-X. Anything else you can think of?? Since I'm traveling for surgery, I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING I need. Any tips??

Hey Mandy! Thanks! The only other thing that I can really think of is pillows. Right now I am sleeping with 4. I have always slept with 2, one under my head and one behind it, but now I am sleeping on my right side with one pillow infront of me and one pillow behind me. Sometimes it also helps to hold a pillow on your stomach, for some reason the little bit of pressure makes it feel better. My stomach is still a little swollen, but it does feel a little better today.

Don't forget other stuff like chap stick and lotion. You will be dried out after surgery. Good luck!

Celia:thumbup:

HI EVERYONE! I am a fellow January Bandster and have a huge favor to ask. I've been posting for several weeks on this thread and am so excited to go through this journey with you. However....

I am being banded January 15th in Tijuana, MX. I am 28 and 230 starting with a goal of 130.

Hi mandy....I was banded in Tijuana last month and I did cross the boarder by myself. I went through a hostess company and I felt safe and secure through the entire process. I did end up going back to San Diego the day after surgery. So far I have lost 15 pounds. Who is your lap band surgeon?

Hey Celia! Thanks for it tip! I'm making a list of all the things I'll be needing. That certainly helps. :( I never would have thought of the chapstick and lotion...

Hi mandy....I was banded in Tijuana last month and I did cross the boarder by myself. I went through a hostess company and I felt safe and secure through the entire process. I did end up going back to San Diego the day after surgery. So far I have lost 15 pounds. Who is your LAP-BAND® surgeon?

Thanks for your input! That's so encouraging to here. I went with Dr Ariel Ortiz. I read about him for months and months before I made my decision. I am getting very excited. Who did yours?

So you've lost 15 lbs so far? Great! That's wonderful. Keep up the great work! :(

Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind if I join in the chatting! :smile:

I'm being banded on January 22 by Dr Andrew Smith at the Avenue in Melbourne, Australia.

He has me on three weeks of liquid diet (Optifast), which I am struggling with, but just trying to suck it up and deal with it - I will get there!

Starting to get a bit nervous about the op now - I guess it's normal to feel this way!

Anyway, congrats to all those already banded, and commiserations to those on liquid diets ;) Looking forward to sharing this journey together!

Hey Miss Milo, welcome to the group of Jan Band Journeys! I'm doing a 7-10 day liquid, which is actually turning into 9 days and so far I've had to keep my mind focused on anything but food! I went for my pre-op today and have surgery in five days and a wake up!! I'm excited, scared, apprehensive, anxious and about a dozen other feelings....so definitely being nervous is something I think everyone feels. Hang in there with your liquids and post some more messages....we all want to stay in touch and share the good (as welll as the not so good) This site is a strong suppport for me; maybe it will help you too!! :(