Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

"JAN BAND JOURNEYS" - Nice!!!

Check out this graphic that I whipped out for our group:

janbandjourneyslogocopy.jpg

What do you think?

I'm glad to be part of this support group. Can't wait to hear your stories.

4 days to go til my surgery. I'm excited!

Love the graphic! Thanks for putting it together.

I'm on day 7 of a of my pre-op, halfway there thank goodness. Surgery is on Jan 14th, very excited and a bit nervous .

Have a great day everyone!

What do you think?

Its so cool!!! Good stuff!

The logo is really cool.

Thought for a while I was going to have to get help finding how to find the Jan Band Journey, but finally figured it out. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow, but decided to start working on it seriously on Monday. Have been drinking Protein Shake for Breakfast and two low calorie meals. Will change to shakes with one meal tomorrow.

I am not sure if I have lost or not because my scales here at home don't go high enough. Isn't that sad? I nomally weigh in at the YMCA, but we are having terrible weather her and I am afraid I will get stuck in the snow.

I want to thank everyone that posts encouragment. I think reading the posts and keeping in touch with others is a great help.

My sister had LAP-BAND®® placed in June. She still has days where she tries to eat too fast and says it really hurts and can sometimes make her throw up. She is doing really great with it now and has learned to take time when she eats. I guess unlearning a lifetime of eating quickly for work and school takes some time. So far she has lost about 50 pounds and looks great. I had to buy her regular girl clothes for Chrismas because Women's sizes are too big.

That is going to be me next Christmas!

The logo is really cool.

Thought for a while I was going to have to get help finding how to find the Jan Band Journey, but finally figured it out. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow, but decided to start working on it seriously on Monday. Have been drinking Protein Shake for breakfast and two low calorie meals. Will change to shakes with one meal tomorrow.

I am not sure if I have lost or not because my scales here at home don't go high enough. Isn't that sad? I nomally weigh in at the YMCA, but we are having terrible weather her and I am afraid I will get stuck in the snow.

I want to thank everyone that posts encouragment. I think reading the posts and keeping in touch with others is a great help.

My sister had LAP-BAND®®® placed in June. She still has days where she tries to eat too fast and says it really hurts and can sometimes make her throw up. She is doing really great with it now and has learned to take time when she eats. I guess unlearning a lifetime of eating quickly for work and school takes some time. So far she has lost about 50 pounds and looks great. I had to buy her regular girl clothes for Chrismas because Women's sizes are too big.

That is going to be me next Christmas!

JN816 -

I think you just hit it on the head on why we are all doing this... You said that your sister is "unlearning" some eating habits.... .

That is exactly what the lap band does for us... we are making lifelong changes and unlearn things that have been engrained in our lives...

Great point...:thumbup:

Jennifer

11 more days until surgery! I can't believe how fast it's coming up. I've been on my pre-op liquid diet just a little over 3 weeks and have lost 23 lbs. I will be so glad when I get to the mushies!! I can't tell you how ready I am to have scrambled eggs!! Mmmm

Good luck to all those going in for surgery in the next week!!

Had my pre-op appt today. All went well. The doc said I'm not getting enough calories/protein in on my liquid diet so he ok'd me to eat something solid as long as I am careful. SOOOOO... I stopped at Wendy's with my daughter on the way home and ate a small piece of grilled chicken while my youngin' put away a cheeseburger and fries. That was the best chicken I have ever eaten. I'm actually suprised that my first inclination wasn't to eat a tripple burger and fries! Maybe I'm seeing the light at the end of this tunnel. :tt1:

Hope everyone else is doing well. We are almost there!!

I'm sitting here anxiously staring at my phone waiting for it to ring!!

The hospital is supposed to call me today to tell me what time to report on Monday morning.

I am off the charts excited but also getting a little nervous about the whole "surgery" thing. Ya know...anesthesia, recovery etc... I haven't really thought too much about that part till now.

:tt1:

What do you think?

Hey KIKOman . . . like the logo a lot . . . do you know how to post it to our thread under the community groups? I don't, so maybe somebody can do that for us . . . . We've got an excited group which rubs off on me in very positive ways! Keep the posts coming . . . !!! Good luck to all! :tt1:

Love the logo! 11 Days to go! :tt1:(Jan 19)

I have to confess. Monday I was going to have the "last supper" of chinese, since my husband is working 3-11 and hates chinese. However, I didn't want to spend the money so I didn't do anything special. Then, last night after my pre-op with the surgeon, I picked up Mongolian beef and brought it home. I had 3 bites of beef and felts sick. I think it was guilt...or the fact that for 3 days I haven't had anything but liquids. Anyway, I called my husband at work and confessed. All he said was "are you going to do that again?" I realized that we really have to be accountable to ourselves. We can't blame others and the choices we make, or have made in the past, have consequences. I have to get in that mind set to eat to live, not live to eat. It's tough!

Thanks for your input! That's so encouraging to here. I went with Dr Ariel Ortiz. I read about him for months and months before I made my decision. I am getting very excited. Who did yours?

So you've lost 15 lbs so far? Great! That's wonderful. Keep up the great work! :tt1:

Alberto Almanza. I hope your experience is the best. Good luck on your journey!

Hello Everybody!

I am happy to announce that this is my very first post. I just had LAP-BAND® surgery yesterday!! I'm feeling pretty good. Just a bit sore in the area of where my port was attached. I've been sipping on broth, tea, Water and had some jell-o today for the first time. It's all been fine, but I'm starting to feel a bit lightheaded. I'm not sure if that's from the pain meds or because I'm not getting any calories in right now.

I really can't believe that I don't feel the band at all, very cool! I do feel where the port is, but from what I read that's the area that will be the sorest for the longest and then I'm hoping I won't even feel that anymore after awhile.

I'm so excited to finally get this journey started!! Any tips or helpful advice and definitely words of encouragement are welcome!!

I do need to find out how everybody gets all those little ticker things.....I want to start one to track my journey!!! :tt1:

Well I am happy today....just like Just-Ice.. I had my preop appointment today where they did all the testing that needs to be done...

First of all.. BARIUM sucks!!!! However, they confirmed my hiatel hyrnia but they found pollyps (sp?).. I have to do some internet research to find out what these could be. They may want to do a scope before surgery...they are not ulcers which is good.. and they could be nothing.. but we will see on how that turns out.

But I did the gallblader ultrasound (what the heck is that for) and the chest xray (again.. why do you need that for a lapband)... so I am becoming more versed in what is required.

I then had my dietician appointment to discuss the pre-op diet and found out two great things....

1. I lost two more pounds... I am trying to think link a bandster thanks to this site (thank you all my Jan Band Journey members)... I truly did not "diet" persay, I am trying to make lifelong changes....small things that add up...so I am glad there were two more pounds gone.. now only a bunch more to go:):tt1:

2. The second thing I found out is that I do not have a liquid pre-op diet like some do here.. I was shocked... I was preparing myself mentally to be restricted...severely restricted....well I have decided to take this as an opportunity to lose another couple.. my goal is to lose 3 more pounds before Jan 26, that will put me at 10 pound loss before surgery... I am really trying to focus on having a new mindset instead of a diet mindset....

I cannot tell you how great your stories have been everyone... I talked about this site at the doc today and mentioned how positive it is.. how it encourages success and not dwell on failures or steps backwards...

I am truly thinking that it is the comradierieship that we will have here that will make us successful.....

I decided today that I will do my official preop photo... why you ask.. because today I turned 40 and I see this year as a fantastic wonderful year....

My thoughts are with everyone that is having big milestones to conquer in January... we will support each I am sure over the next year.....

:eek::)

Edited by wisconsin jen
updated the ticker

The hospital is supposed to call me today to tell me what time to report on Monday morning.

I am off the charts excited but also getting a little nervous about the whole "surgery" thing. Ya know...anesthesia, recovery etc... I haven't really thought too much about that part till now.

Claricey.. THat is so exciting... I think all of us want that very same phone call...

I have to report at 5:30 in the morning.. ugh.....

Be sure to post when you are having it....

Good luck:thumbup:

Jennifer

Claricey~

I just had surgery yesterday and it was a breeze. It was very quick. The recovery has been fine, basically just sore. I'm pretty sure the surgery is the easiest part of this whole journey. Good luck!!