Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Okay - my big day is tomorrow.

Good things will be happening for you ... I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Having surgery on Jan 26th in Champaign, Illinois. Did this last year almost 1 week to the day and the surgon got in there, found a hernia and said I could never have the band. What a blow emotionally and fiancially! So a year later I found a good surgon who has no problems fixing the hernia so here I go again. Day 2 of the pre-op diet and it is killing me, but then so is my weight so I dont really have room to complane. Just worried I will wake up again and be told sorry-no band. :thumbup:

Having surgery on Jan 26th in Champaign, Illinois. Did this last year almost 1 week to the day and the surgon got in there, found a hernia and said I could never have the band. What a blow emotionally and fiancially! So a year later I found a good surgon who has no problems fixing the hernia so here I go again. Day 2 of the pre-op diet and it is killing me, but then so is my weight so I dont really have room to complane. Just worried I will wake up again and be told sorry-no band. :thumbup:

I really hope that all goes well for you! I had surgery on the 4th and my doctor fixed my hernia. He said that it was very large and put the band on. All is great now, however I think that it make the recovery a little bit more painful. Wishing you all the best!

Celia:thumbup:

I am getting banded on Thursday, January 14...so i have just one more day of Clear liquids and I will be an official bandster! I am dreaming of food these days! LOL! i had a taco a few nights ago...and last night it was meatloaf and potatos. I REALLY MUST BE HUNGRY! I have my bag got the hospital together, my job has been notified, i have my food for post op ...Needless to say I am ready to get this show on the road. Congrats to all new Bandsters and good luck to those with upcoming dates.

Good luck today krstjump03!!!:thumbup:

Okay - my big day is tomorrow. Don't know what time yet - won't know that until late this afternoon. I'm excited. I'm nervous. But, I know it's all going to be good. The pre-op diet didn't bother me as much as I had dreaded although I wouldn't want to drink those drinks and eat those Meal Replacement bars as my sole diet the rest of my life.

I'm all packed, I think. I have my "lists" that I am constantly checking and rechecking. I just need to go home tonight, clean up the house a little, and then I'll be set.

I won't have computer access Friday but will post as soon as I can.

Good luck to you too Lisa!!! Today is your day!!!

One week to go before my surgery. I had my pre-op work done yesterday. I have been on my pre-op diet a week now but did start partially a few days earlier. I have lost about 8 pounds since starting, so I am averaging about a pound loss per day.

I am really starting to struggle to get down certain shakes It seems the more I drink the Protein shake the more nauseated I get. I almost got sick today and finally gave in and had a couple of crackers to settle my stomach.

Did anyone else have this problem? Seems to happen most when I drink the pre-mix shakes. I will go back to the instant Breakfast. That seems to be the easiest for me to handle. I am also feeling really tired and brain dead by mid-afternoon.

Luckily I will be off a while after surgery, so I won't have to push myself like I am now.

Hello everyone, Had my band placed on Monday 1/4/2010. I have been back to work since thursday and have been only using motrin for the pain. My port site on the right side is tender but I guess this would be normal. I have 5 incisions one on my belly button about 1.5 inches and 4 on my abdomen two of them are about 1.5 inches and the other two are about .5 inches all healing really well. The diet is Clear liquids with my Protein shake 3 times a day and as much Water as I can manage but atleast 64 oz. I gained weight when i first got home I am assuming due to the fluids. Now I am 5 days post op and am now under my presurgical weight by 2 LBS. I started at 206 surgery date than went to 210 when I got home now currently am 204. Just a little blurb, my real reason for posting is, where will we all keep in touch. On this thread or will we use another thread? I don't completely understand how the postings work, please help me so I can keep in touch with all of the January bandsters. So far I am so happy with the whole exp. the no eating is a little tough but I try to stay busy, I have my first post op appointment on Monday 1/11/2009. I hope I can have some yogurt after that appointment, that would be really great :thumbup:. Good luck to everyone

You are not allowed to use Nsaids. Motrin is a no no, especially while in recovery mode. Talk to ur doc about an alt if u can.

One week to go before my surgery. I had my pre-op work done yesterday. I have been on my pre-op diet a week now but did start partially a few days earlier. I have lost about 8 pounds since starting, so I am averaging about a pound loss per day.

I am really starting to struggle to get down certain shakes It seems the more I drink the Protein shake the more nauseated I get. I almost got sick today and finally gave in and had a couple of crackers to settle my stomach.

Did anyone else have this problem? Seems to happen most when I drink the pre-mix shakes. I will go back to the instant Breakfast. That seems to be the easiest for me to handle. I am also feeling really tired and brain dead by mid-afternoon.

Luckily I will be off a while after surgery, so I won't have to push myself like I am now.

I Swear by MetRX protien. I get mine at Trader Joes or Vitamin Shop. vanilla is great. it is a poweder ro u can control thicknes. It tastes like the ice cream porttion of a 50/50 popcicle.

Did anyone else have this problem? Seems to happen most when I drink the pre-mix shakes. I will go back to the instant breakfast. That seems to be the easiest for me to handle. I am also feeling really tired and brain dead by mid-afternoon.

These are the shakes that I have found that don't seem to bother me....I have to have a total of 80 grams of Protein (shakes) a day...

RTD 51- (51 gr.protein) and they come in chocolate, vanilla, and Peanut Butter Cup......(I like the Vanilla)

Oh Yeah!- (32 gr.protein) I really like the strawberry

Muscle Milk- (21 gr.protein) The Vanilla Creme is my favorite and I just got the Cookies and cream and it's OK.

Pure Protein- (35 gr.protein) Besides the regular chocolate, vanilla and strawberry they also have banana creme and Cookies and cream....I like all flavors

I also like the EAS 100% whey powder that you add with Milk.

I buy flavored egg white powder at Whole Foodst and I add that to my SF Carnation Instant Breakfast and Milk.

I am trying to mix things up so I don't get so sick of one thing since I have to be on the liquid diet for 4 weeks.

Good Luck!

I had surgery yesterday. I have been in very little pain, except for gas, and I have been walking and taking gas X. Port is area is sore, but certainly not painful. I am so glad I went through with the surgery (just burped, excused me, but burping aloud excites me:biggrin:) and made it through pre-op. I am a bandster and loving it. Thank you to everyone on this site. I was not even really nervous because of all the information that was shared. To those who have not had the surgery, it really is smooth as it sounds.

My surgery was 1/8/10 feeling good. little left shoulder pain. still on liquids, one more week. What's every one doing to get their Protein and calories?

hi can any one help. i got my band fitted on the 9th jan and all is going well. enjoying having it. dont feel hungry. when i eat Soup i feel full. only prob is my sholders. i know that it is normal but i dont know why. it comes and goes but when i get it it is cripling. thanks

hi can any one help. i got my band fitted on the 9th jan and all is going well. enjoying having it. dont feel hungry. when i eat Soup i feel full. only prob is my sholders. i know that it is normal but i dont know why. it comes and goes but when i get it it is cripling. thanks

Hi! My shoulders bothered me because of gas. I took gas-x strips and got up and walked as much as possible. But I did hurt for almost a week. Also, I found a heating pad to be very comforting. Hope this helps!

Celia

My surgery was 1/8/10 feeling good. little left shoulder pain. still on liquids, one more week. What's every one doing to get their Protein and calories?

Hey Mary! Congrats on the band. I am glad to hear that you are feeling good. I drank Protein shakes for some of my calories and all of my Protein. Fortunately, my doctor only had me on Clear Liquids the day of surgery, then we go to full liquids. Then, depending on how you feel, sometime between days 4-7 you get to do one day of mussies, then move to regular food. I wish you a lot of luck! The shoulder pain will get better in time!

Celia

Hi again, Yes I did go through Belite and to this date have not heard a word from my facilatator (slightly annoyed). For pain they gave me supradol, which evidently is a strong anti-inflamatory. At least that is what I was sent home with, not real clear on what was in the IV but it worked. The pain wasn't really painful as much as it was just very sore, particularly the port site, which I am still guarding. The heating pad came in real handy. Today was my first day on soft foods...15 pounds down. I'm sure that will start to slow down with food being introduced instead of just liquids. Your date is getting closer...I know how excited you are feeling and I wish you all the luck in the world. !Buena suerte!