Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I was suppose to be banded on 1/18 but my surgeon went on a medical mission to Haiti, now I having it done on 1/26...its kinda a rough night knowing that tomorrow is ot my day, but I know the people of Haiti need my surgeon more than I right...hope fully this next week will go quickly! Good luck to you and God Bless!

Hi Barb, I am so glad to have joined the group. I have only been on the boards and already feel like I have a great group of new friends! I know we can all help each other become healthier and happier! You are so right about all the info on here... wow. I feel so much better "safer" when I read the posts and see what others are experiencing, it is nice to get to talk to others that know what I am going through. I am will be here if anyone needs anything! :w00t:

After reading about all the pre-op liquids I am feeling lucky about only having the day before and day of surgery being a Clear Liquids only. I am also going to admit that I actually cried ( yes real tears) while driving past all those restaurants on the way back from pre-op. I really just wanted one bite of some real food. Now I am on full liquids and pureed soupy things and the mega Protein packed everything. I have discovered that I detest muscle milk ready to drink cookie and cream flavor, but do like the worldwide Protein drinks. I have also been staring at the isopur fruit punch I bought wondering what it will taste like.

Sorry for rambling :drool:

Okay sudden wave of nausea... are you serious! Somebody please make this go away :( Too much sugar in my drink?? I can't think of anything else that might have done this. Anyone else going through this?

Okay sudden wave of nausea... are you serious! Somebody please make this go away :( Too much sugar in my drink?? I can't think of anything else that might have done this. Anyone else going through this?

It happened to me this afternoon. I had just had a few sips of an unjury vanilla Protein shake and a wave of nausea came over me so suddenly, I couldn't believe it. It was gone in about a 1/2 hour.

That is the only bout of nausea I have experienced.

I am leaving for the hospital in about 45 minutes...My stomach is a ball of nervous!! :eek::devil: I will be a banded girl in a few hours!! :(

Kelly

Good Luck Kelly!

Long bay... I had band on the 14th and am doing the Vitamins and the protien shakes. I have found that the shakes I have been using really do help, I like the worldwide Protein Drinks.< /p>

Thanks Jka, I'll have to get some Protein drinks.< /p>

Welcome on-board Kelly - hope it all goes well.

Had a very soft poached egg today, mmmmmmm, it really hit the spot, think i needed the protein, and I'm hoping it's not to early to eat very soft stuff?

1.What is your current and goal weight? 258/170

2.What is your surgery date? 01/25 /10

3.What is your age? 23

4.Where do you live? Michigan

5.Where are you having surgery? Covenant Healthcare

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Chad Ringley

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance, mostly

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I was sick of being sick.

1.What is your current and goal weight? 229/140

2.What is your surgery date? 01/26 /10

3.What is your age? 51

4.Where do you live? Michigan

5.Where are you having surgery? Flower Hospital

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Duckett Northwest

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I was sick of not looking good in my cloths and feeling tired all the time! Sick of being sick!

1.What is your current and goal weight? 296/165

2.What is your surgery date? 01/11/10

3.What is your age? 44

4.Where do you live? New Jersey

5.Where are you having surgery? Virtua

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Adam Goldstein

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance (They pay 90%)

8.What was your "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I have finally had it with being so big. I want to be able to do more with my kids and enjoy better health once and for all.

Hi, I am having my Lap-band done on the 30th Jan in England, would love the support of others to get thru this. I start my pre-op tomorrow and am dreading it. I am self funded, I have paid one price which included unlimited band fills and aftercare for what I believe to be life.

I will have to weigh myself tomorrow !!! just not looking forward to that, that will be when it finally hits home that I am ging to do this.

Has anybody had any problems telling other people about the op? I have told close friends and only my husband and sister, really don't know how to tell my parents.

Helen

PS how do you get a ticker tape?:mad:

1.What is your current and goal weight? 253/160

2.What is your surgery date? 01/25/10

3.What is your age? 20

4.Where do you live? Dallas

5.Where are you having surgery? Renaissance Hospital

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Michael Green Jr.

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I was sick of not looking good in my cloths and feeling tired all the time! Social Anxiety,finally deciding to change...!

Hi, I am having my Lap-band® done on the 30th Jan in England, would love the support of others to get thru this. I start my pre-op tomorrow and am dreading it. I am self funded, I have paid one price which included unlimited band fills and aftercare for what I believe to be life.

I will have to weigh myself tomorrow !!! just not looking forward to that, that will be when it finally hits home that I am ging to do this.

Has anybody had any problems telling other people about the op? I have told close friends and only my husband and sister, really don't know how to tell my parents.

Helen

PS how do you get a ticker tape?:wink2:

Hello Helen, my name is Anu and I am from Canada. Firstly let me congratulate you on your decision. Well done. I was banded exactly a week ago and I can tell you - so far I have had nothing totally out of the expected happen - so no complaints. In fact I have a sense of pride that I have finally taken my life in my hands.

I am a self pay too - with a package similar to yours - fills, etc for life.

The pre-op is not fun - let me be honest about it - but is worth it - makes surgery safer and does kick start weight loss - so I wouldn't cheat on it. I lost 10 lbs on pre-op. Stay connected to this site - it makes it easier being able to connect with people in similar circumsatances. You will be amazed by the bonds you will create here.

Telling people - only my best friend, my sister, my husband and my parents know. My best friend and sister are both a size 2-4 - so they the see the point. My hubby has been very supportive too. My parents were the most difficult to tell - they were more worried about the dangers of surgery, malnutrition, etc ,etc. They are my parents -some of the worrying comes the territory - I would think. A little education on the surgery, etc and they were more comfortable. Now they are as excited as I am for me on this new journey!! I am blessed with their support.

The ticker tape - some kind and helpful user on this site has posted instructions at http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/.

Again Helen, good luck and welcome to the group!:mad:

Hi Fellow Jan Band Journey's...

Today I had my stomach procedure.. a week and a half ago I did the preop tests and they found polyps...

So my lapband is scheduled for Jan 26....but the doc said the polyps need to be removed... and that was today.

The doc took them out (benign thank goodness).. but he said that I have to come back in three months because he is concerned about my esophagus.. it is swollen he said...

He gave me directions on how to use my protonix a little better which was nice... that alone may fix it he said.

My lapband is still on schedule which is great...

By the way.. that procedure that I had today SUCKS....they put you in twilight and put a hose down your throat:):mad: I just remember the tears of pain when I panicked... but I calmed down which is great and now it is just a foggy memory....and my throat really hurts...and I am tired... so tonight I will get a good night sleep.< /p>

I have to feel blessed though.. because without getting tests done for the lap band I wouldn't have found the polyps. Without having the polyp procedure I wouldn't have found out about my esophagus....everything happens for a reason I say....

I can't beleive it 7 more days and I get the band.. I am so excited to be posting weight loss....

Keep hanging in there Jan Band Journeys!!