Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Hi Helen-

I had my surgery on January 15th. I was worried about the pre-op diet too but you will be just fine. I pretty much lived on caffeine so giving that up was the worst part for me. The first 3 or 4 days I felt lousy but after that, I was fine. I am self pay as well, so I didn't even think about cheating because I didn't want to do anything to jepordize my surgery. I was on a clear liquid diet for 3 days after the surgery and as of yesterday I'm on the full liquid diet. I'm still having some trouble with all of the gas they use during the surgery so that's my biggest complaint. I don't feel hungry either!

I didn't have any problems telling my family and close friends about the surgery. Everyone is so supportive and encouraging! These boards are great for support and information! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, etc. Good luck!!!!

I am a new bandster - jan 4, 2010. My first week went great! 2 weeks out, and no problems! I'm kind of bummed though, 'cause I don 't get my first fill till the last week in Feb. I lost 12 lbs the first week, but nothing last week. I'm having a problem wanting to snack in the evenings. But I'm working on it!! I still have to learn how to put all the goodies on on my posts, though - maybe someone could tell me where to go to get help on this?

It's now 10 days after my surgery, and i am on the mushies stage of my diet. My lapband doesn't have any fill at all, but I feel some restriction already. The food goes down really slow.

Just curious, do most of you have unfilled lapbands, or did your doctor put an initial fill already?

It's now 10 days after my surgery, and i am on the mushies stage of my diet. My LAP-BAND® doesn't have any fill at all, but I feel some restriction already. The food goes down really slow.

Just curious, do most of you have unfilled lapbands, or did your doctor put an initial fill already?

Congrats on making it to mushies! As far as I know, my Lap-Band is not filled. I do have some restriction, but I am looking forward to my first fill on February 3!

Celia:thumbup:

It's now 10 days after my surgery, and i am on the mushies stage of my diet. My LAP-BAND® doesn't have any fill at all, but I feel some restriction already. The food goes down really slow.

Hi,

I was banded on Jan 14th and currently in the full Fluid phase. Looking forward to moving to mushies next week, but really haven't been hungry so far. There is currently no fill in my band.

Hi KIKOman, I'm on mushies too and yes, my band is unfilled as well. I see my doc in 4 weeks when I am back to all solid foods and then we will discuss if I have any restriction at all or need a fill right away.

I agree I too get full pretty quickly due to the food filling up the pouch and slowly moving through it.

Glad to hear you're doing great!

Claricey

Banded on the 14 Jan - unfilled, first fill due 16 Feb.

I have had a few days when I've felt really hungry, and am on mushy food already, but today I noticed that I'm not thinking about food as much as usual, and even watching cooking/celebrity chefs/resturant shows, does not make me want to eat - so it must be working.

Tomorrow is the big day. I have to be at the hospital by 6:00 am. I made it through the preop diet fairly well. Had a few bad days but it does get easier with time. Today is Clear Liquids only. I am really dreading tomorrow. Not the surgery, but the fact that I have to stay overnight. Due to scheduling of the swallow test I won't be able to come home until Friday. From what I understand, no food or drink for more than 24 hrs. It is the thirst, not hunger that has me dreading it.

Hello my name is Mesha and I'am new to this site. I'm currently on my 2 week pre op diet luckily mine is not just sraight liquid but, 2 days before I have decided I will do srtaight liquid. My surgery date is Jan 27th 2010 in lewisville texas I don't have a time yet but I'm praying for early morning. Not to nervous about going under I think my thyroid surgery was the worst. Glad that I found this site I have learned from reading some of the other post

Hi All and sorry I've been out of touch. I was in San Jose to get banded and couldn't really get to a computer until I got home. So...my story...got banded Jan. 12 in San Jose by Dr. McKeen. It went incredibly well. I stayed at the hospital overnight so that they could pump me full of steroids and antibiotics, which I needed due to my rheumatoid arthritis. The net morning I went for the barium scan. My only bad moment was that I suddenly got the worst heartburn ever and was ready to punch myself in the chest to get rid of it, it hurt so much. I drank the barium and doc said I was having esophagal spasms...hence the pain. As soon as I drank the barium, the pain went away. This led him to put me on mushy liquid right away, so I eat Soups, yogurt, sugar free pudding, ect. I was not on any special diet pre-op so my wight loss didn't begin until getting banded. I believe I've already lost about 8 pounds in my first week post-band -- or as I named my band -- BOFINGER. Yes, I have been Bofingered.:ohmy: I go back to see my doc Feb. 1 and hope to have my first fill then. I am SO glad I did this! Please, a'll check in and give us an update. And a special HOWDY to Wisconsin Jen!:biggrin:

Hello All,

Today is my second day of pre-opp diet. It's hard but I am handing there. I work in the restaurant business around food all day and good food but still I did not cheat. Also self pay and I don't want to mess it up. The bad thing is I have a giant headaches maybe is because I am not consuming any food, It is normal?

Hello All,

Today is my second day of pre-opp diet. It's hard but I am handing there. I work in the restaurant business around food all day and good food but still I did not cheat. Also self pay and I don't want to mess it up. The bad thing is I have a giant headaches maybe is because I am not consuming any food, It is normal?

Hi good luck on your pre op diet I'm going threw this as well this week. And just as you this morning I woke up with the worst headache I have ever had I could barely drive.

Hello All

I am new here. I was banded Jan 14th. I want to loose 100lbs. I really hope everything is going to work out great.

Hi All and sorry I've been out of touch. I was in San Jose to get banded and couldn't really get to a computer until I got home. So...my story...got banded Jan. 12 in San Jose by Dr. McKeen. It went incredibly well. I stayed at the hospital overnight so that they could pump me full of steroids and antibiotics, which I needed due to my rheumatoid arthritis. The net morning I went for the barium scan. My only bad moment was that I suddenly got the worst heartburn ever and was ready to punch myself in the chest to get rid of it, it hurt so much. I drank the barium and doc said I was having esophagal spasms...hence the pain. As soon as I drank the barium, the pain went away. This led him to put me on mushy liquid right away, so I eat Soups, yogurt, sugar free pudding, ect. I was not on any special diet pre-op so my wight loss didn't begin until getting banded. I believe I've already lost about 8 pounds in my first week post-band -- or as I named my band -- BOFINGER. Yes, I have been Bofingered.:ohmy: I go back to see my doc Feb. 1 and hope to have my first fill then. I am SO glad I did this! Please, a'll check in and give us an update. And a special HOWDY to Wisconsin Jen!:biggrin:

I was hoping you would post again soon:):blush:

8 pounds already.. woo hoo... now that may go up a bit once you are eating real food so be ready..

But how exciting....I am so happy for you.....I can't wait to report progress.. I want to lose weight so bad and I realllly hope this works..

Hang in there girl.. keep me posted:)

Jen