Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Tracy....the shoe business is a little slow. October was a horrible month for all of the retail shops in the shopping center that I'm in. I'm hoping that the holidays bring more business! Congrats on losing more weight!!!!

Suzie..that's definitely what I'm trying to do! It's hard when everybody has their own opinion on how I should or shouldn't be doing things.

Jenn...date night is tonight!! We are going to Chattanooga to eat at Kanpai (it's a Japanese hibachi place. It's more expensive than the one in my town plus it's in Chattanooga so we never go lol). I think we are going to do some shopping too! Have fun at the party!

Well, I'm working today. Praying and crossing my fingers that customers come in!! I hope everybody has a great day!!

Edited to say.......I have found a new love --- SKINNY JEANS!!! I have them on today with them tucked into a pair of equestrian style boots I have in my store. Paired with the darker color skinny jeans and a black 3/4 sleeve shirt. Ahh!!! I've gotten so many compliments. And to be honest, the skinny jeans make me look skinnier!!!

Edited by TN_girl21

Ashley, your weekend sounds like it's going to be great. Enjoy!!! And I hope you're busy, busy, busy at the store today!!! Oh and those shoes are adorable!

Jenn, sounds like a great costume. Have fun!

Tracy, congrats! Macy is too cute, she'll love it!

Suz, glad you're on your feet again but do take it easy. Probably a good idea to stay home.

Kat, I love it when DH is working on stuff. Mainly b/c that means something might get done around here! LOL!!! J/K! I shouldn't rag on him like that. He doesn't get much time to work on stuff around here so our projects take forever! And usually something pops up that becomes priority and the other stuff gets set aside again. This week it was the brakes on his truck. Working fine then suddenly weren't working! :thumbup: That was 2 days of that mess. Now it's getting the dog kennels buttoned up for winter. Never ends! UGH!

Since DH is home and I'm sick, he took DD to her soccer game. It's been raining all night and most of this morning so she is going to be soaked by the time she gets home! I'll put her in the tub and warm her up. I was going to go but they let me sleep and I didn't get up til 10. Feel awful so I just sent them on their way without me. I've been to all of her games and poor DH will only be able to make this one since he usually works Saturdays. It's a bummer too b/c he would be way more in to it than I am. He's been playing since he was 5 - 41 years now - and watches it on TV and and and... Me? Ehhh. Tho I've been helping DD with stuff and cheering her on, if she didn't play, wouldn't bother me.

Laying low this weekend. Hoping to get better! Have a great day!

I'll weigh here in a little bit but as of yesterday I was down 4 pounds. That's what happens when you have a stomach virus and can't eat for days.

Tracy, my wish is that you have continued success. You are doing awesome.

thanks Suzanne, it means alot to me

Anyone going to a party tonight? Nope, just staying home with the little see looker. :thumbup:

We were invited to one but are going to stay home. I guess I'm just not up to anything yet.

Make it a good eating day.

Good morning ya'll

its been a busy couple of days, just work, school, life... but its all good. yay :)

Tracy - I am so very proud of you, what is it that you are eating? I need to pull out my journal and see what i use to do that I was so content. I am watching carbs and calories. I have just egg whtes now. I snack on almonds. No carbonated drinks, I switched back to my crystal light tea. The same things/way I lost it before, only this time I do have small amounts of whole wheat bread. I am doing things a little different and am not nearly as strict on myself as I was the first go round because I do not want to be right back in the spot I am in now. I want it to be something I can do the rest of my life. Not feel like I am punishing myself, ya know? Jump on the bandwagon with me. Come on sista!

Ashley- was last night date night or tonight?

Kat - I'm so happy you and Rich found each other again, just so nice and perfect after your Ex. husband.

Suzanne - so glad you are feeling better.

Michelle - that is great about your sister, it must be so liberating for her!

Hi Debbie and Angela

I had so much to say -I lost my thoughts, I need coffee. I'll be back shortly

Going to a party tonight... going to be a TX chainsaw victim. So easy costume - going to be my cute self, western boots & hat, jean skir, tank top and a cute flannel shirt which will be torn with blood all over where I was cut up so makeup and blood will be what makes it. That is gonna be cute! Have fun!

Ya remember when I was working with my friend who does tree service/logging? That is who I'm going with - so just friends but we are going themed together, which I have never done, so it will be fun with no worry or pressure.

Tracy....the shoe business is a little slow. October was a horrible month for all of the retail shops in the shopping center that I'm in. I'm hoping that the holidays bring more business! Congrats on losing more weight!!!! thank you :smile2:

Edited to say.......I have found a new love --- SKINNY JEANS!!! I have them on today with them tucked into a pair of equestrian style boots I have in my store. Paired with the darker color skinny jeans and a black 3/4 sleeve shirt. Ahh!!! I've gotten so many compliments. And to be honest, the skinny jeans make me look skinnier!!!

I am shaped like a V so skinny jeans would just make it more obvious on me! I wish I could see your outfit though, sounds cute! And when you feel good, you look good too. Congrats!

Tracy, congrats! Macy is too cute, she'll love it! I need to get some cute ideas for how to put on her cat face. I think the www is a good place to look.

Since DH is home and I'm sick, he took DD to her soccer game. It's been raining all night and most of this morning so she is going to be soaked by the time she gets home! I'll put her in the tub and warm her up. I was going to go but they let me sleep and I didn't get up til 10. Feel awful so I just sent them on their way without me. I've been to all of her games and poor DH will only be able to make this one since he usually works Saturdays. It's a bummer too b/c he would be way more in to it than I am. He's been playing since he was 5 - 41 years now - and watches it on TV and and and... Me? Ehhh. Tho I've been helping DD with stuff and cheering her on, if she didn't play, wouldn't bother me. Does she enjoy it? I like to see kids outdoors being active! Macy LOVES outside.

Laying low this weekend. Hoping to get better! Have a great day!

I hope you get to feeling better!

Hi everyone~just a late afternoon check in. Tomorrow is the day we are going to the in-laws house. I know Macy is excited. She does not even remember them. DH is excited too. I am too in a way, but still kind of nervous. I dont want to be just someone they 'have to deal with' since he is married to me. I hope Cindy (his stepmom) did not invite a bunch of other people over too. I need to remember that this is the first step into healing the family. I owe it to dh and dd. I would rather me have to go through this than for dh to regret not seeing his dad, ya know?

I now am the owner of an old wooden chair. I had no chair to sit on to be able to sew and the thrift store had this one for 10 bucks. It looks older than me and it weighs a ton, so it is very sturdy. I would love to have seen the table that went with it.

Yesterday morning dd had her cavity start hurting :( so I got her in to the dentist for filling. I told her that her intake of candy is gonna change and the great part is the pain of her tooth made her happy to oblige. So, now she makes a healthy alternate choice at the store. We are not going trick or treating tomorrow and she is fine with it. We are going to a fall festival at a church here locally. They will have really fun things to do and they will have some candy too but at least it will not be a plethora of candy. It will help me on the losing weight fron too. :)

Have a good evening all!

Tracy, I kinda agree with you about taking Macy out trick or treating. I have a grandniece that is going to take after our side of the family. I told her mom that I would not be getting her Halloween candy, Christmas candy or Easter candy. That she was going to have a hard enough time when she got older, I just wasn't going to add to it. A lot of our Churches around here are doing stuff like having carnival rides and games. They also have the trunk or treat thing going so the kids won't miss out on that part. Good luck at the in-laws tomorrow. I know you will charm them.

Hubby and I are home for a quiet evening.We stopped at Papa Murphy's after church and got dinner. Now it's nice and cozy for the evening.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Tracy, congratulations from me too! I don't know what the difference is here, maybe it really is the support. On so many of these threads I find it hard to be really glad for people who lose weight. Probably just a tad envious. :wink2: But not here. I'm truly happy for you, and excited that you're back on track. I think it's going to help me as well. I don't have any candy in the house. We don't get any trick or treaters, which is a good thing, for me. .

Thank you for telling us what you eat. I snack on almonds, eat lots of fruit and veggies, sometimes raw, and that really helped me, and I know it will again. I'll try to remember to just take it one day at a time.

Today wasn't a terrible day, but it wasn't as good as I have been, but I'm going to try not to beat myself up about it.

Whether you blog or not, Tracy, I'm going to follow your progress, but I hope you keep posting it here, and I'll bet everybody else does, too.

Jenn, I hope you're having fun!

Michelle, feel better.

Suzie, I hope you're enjoying your cozy evening with hubby.

Ashley, I look forward to the day when I can wear skinny jeans. I wear some with boots now, which I've always wanted to do.

Thank you for sharing your life with us. And congratulations for being willing to work things out. Good for you!

Kat, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that you did, but, like someone else said, I'm glad you found Rick. He sounds like a good man, and based on what I know of you, you deserve nothing less.

Hey Angela and Plain

Debbie !

Happy Halloween!!! BOO!!

Suzanne~charm? I will settle just for acceptance! LOL

Debbie~thanks for the nice words (again). There was another thread I used to be on and at first I would talk about my weight loss when I was doing really well but i felt icicicles from some of them (not anyone that is posting here with us) so I just started keeping it to myself. I would never want to hurt anyone or make anyone jealous because I know how hard it can be. I just feel like I can be open about it with all of you. :wink2: I feel like I am a newbie again on a new journey. I hope that it is contagious.

Well, the countdown is on for the in-laws. Thank God I will have dh and dd there too. If I feel outcasted I will just bring macy outside to play, like I used to do when she was 3.

Good morning Cindy, I see you there!

Have a great halloween everyone!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN.

The candy is coming out of the room soon and will be out the door then. No more in my house. Thank goodness.

Busy day here today. Housework, Football, Church, Candy.

Have fun everyone.

Happy Halloween!!! DH and I got up this morning, and he said "I think I should check and make sure Dollywood is open." It's closed today! lol So we went and had Breakfast with his parents, and then we went up to the flea market just to get out of the house. We don't have any plans tonight. Just to cook dinner.

Date night was so much fun! We ended up going to Kanpai (the Japanese place). And he saw a "Dinner for 2". It was $47.00 and it came with one order of sirloin, 1 order of another steak, 1 order of shrimp, 1 order of scallops and 1 order of chicken. We also got the veggies. But they split the 1 order of everything between you. I gave DH the shrimp. Of course I couldn't eat it all, but it was such a good price for all that food! Even though it ended up being $75 because I had some wine and DH had some beer. But date night was definitely needed! We laughed at ourselves on the way home because it was 9:00 and what little we had to drink, it just relaxed us and we were ready to go to sleep. lol Jason even thanked me for going on a date with him! It was too cute!

Tracy...I hope your time at the in-laws goes well!!!

I hope everyone has a great and safe Halloween!

:wink2: HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL! I had to work last night and the hospital was really slow. Seeing all the kids in costumes on my way to work brought back a lot of memories of when my kids were small (my baby is 16 and 6'1"). We live in the country now so no trick or treaters.

Friday DH and I went to see the movie RED, it was laugh out loud funny. Hope everyone is having a safe and sweet holiday (but not too sweet,lol).

Shar

Shar, my niece and nephew lived at a lake about 150 miles from here and there was no trick or treating there. When they were about 4&5 years old, we brought them up to the city to go. The first few houses they didn't want any part of it, it scared them because they didn't know these people. By the third house they had caught on about the candy thing and then we couldn't keep up with them. They just thought that was too cool. They wore us out. I love those memories.

Ashley, I'm so glad that you and your hubby were able to have a date night. How relaxing that sounded. I love those times when it's just the two of us and we can be silly and don't care.

I have a pot of Ham and Beans cooking. I'll chop the onion when we get home and make the corn bread for it. It smells so good in here.

Off to church and then come home and get the candy out for the little kids, yes I still have it hidden. :wink2:

I have a pot of Penne Pollo cooking---Penne Pasta with chicken ----a sauce with chicken & veggies. It makes a HUGE pot, inexpensively. I began making it probably 25 years ago, every Halloween, and everyone who come by would have a bowl, no one had to worry about dinner. Well, in the intervening years, the numbers have dwindled, and one would think with a vegetarian DD it would have been a memory only----but NO! The ones still around, still expect it! Becky and Gary hang out here on Halloween, their boys and their families make this home base, several people come by with kids, that come in for Cookies, or a bathroom break. And Kinsey now thinks it is her special Halloween meal!! LOL

She should be here in about 30 minutes. She trick or treats the places Manda takes her. They have done a couple of carnivals, and did Safe Treats down town---but she sold her candy last year. Local dentists do a Treats for Troops thing, they buy it for a buck a pound, and send it to the troops overseas. She is not a huge candy eater, it has always been readily available, so she doesn't see it as a treat....doesn't gorge herself.

Our son, on the other hand seriously keeps the candy away from the boys, and when Connor gets it, he shovels it in---it is cute, but I try not to laugh and encourage it!

I talked to him a little while ago, he was going to eat chicken, and then go Trick or Treat, he was very excited!

We went and did some Christmans shopping this morning. We have 2 weeks to get it done to take to Texas for the Louisiana kids. Bought Garrick a little Step2 motorcycle!!! He loved the little 4 wheeler thing, just a push with your feet one, same as this is. We still have to figure Connor out. Got Lenny a new buckle, it is such a chore....the figuring out! Sizes for DIL are impossible for me to figure, so no clothes......she is not a jewelry wearer. Although I am thinking maybe one of the Mom necklaces, with the boy charms on it. She wears a cross on occasion.

Well, better get things going----kids will be knocking soon! Need to put batteries in the witch and the skeleton outside, they are motion activated.

Wondering how Izzy will do with all the craziness.

Took her into Beck & Garys and they had their 2 dogs---a rotty cross, and a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and they are dog sitting for their sons boxer----and the dogs accosted her, scared the crap out of her (not literally thankfully!) she jumped on the couch with me! She never gets on furniture, she was shaking. Rick took her back to the van---poor thing was scared! Would have scared me too!

Kids here----see ya!! have a SAFE and FUN night all!!!

Happy Halloween everyone!

I am tired, the reunion went well and I believe I was the only sober person in the building. It is kind of fun watching all of the drunk people get loud and act foolish. Good times!

Oh, and Tracy, I think you are doing a fabulous job! Congrats!:wink2: