Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I went to the grocery store and picked some stuff up for here and for my sister. Went to Wendy's and got her some lunch and then went to her place. I stayed for about 45 minutes and drove home to pick Hubby up so he could go to my Doc appointment with me.

Good thing I got him to go. As you can see by the pictures.

Severe Tendonitis with a possible stress fracture. A cast for 2 weeks. I'm scheduled to go back the day after my surgery. They will decide then if I need to be in one any longer.

Ok, I'm laughing now. That's how I'm going to handle this.

He gave me a choice of green or red. Well, it is Chief's season. Go Red.

post-214709-13813139653606_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813139654135_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813139654359_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813139654622_thumb.jpg

Oh No Suzie!!! But at least it is a walker cast/boot. Crutches suck sooooo bad!!! Hope it heals quickly and quits hurting even sooner!

Izzy and I just got back from our walk, I increased our distance, and made myself weak by the time I got home. We walk FAST! I am trying to wear her out and work me out! She is pretty good on the leash, better when Rick is with us. But she is learning our ways of what we want her to do.

I am waiting for Kinsey to get home, then have to run into town, to get new meds for Rick, the new GERD meds are not working, and he is having problems swallowing. So off to buy his usual OTC kind. And he wants new socks! LOL, he actually, finally ask for them, he has some that are antiques I think! LOL

My in laws left this morning for Texas. After telling us for the last few years they couldn't drive it, and dictating when Rick's vacation had to be taken, they suddenly left. Called me from the road. I called them several times yesterday to say happy anniversary, and no one would answer. They did not want us to know until they had already left.

I hope they will be ok. It scares me so bad. She drives sooooo slow, not over 55 EVER. Not on the interstate, or anywhere. And he can't move well enough to look around and be reactive. Scary. But they are both well into their 80's now. They celebrated 65 years of marriage yesterday! Can you believe that!!

The issue is that my DIL's parents are driving their motor home to TX to meet up with the kids when they come in, and my MIL is concerned about the farm house needing cleaned for them.

They are not the kind who would care....but she does. I am finished working, I could have taken them and helped, but guess they preferred not.

My dog is snoring....wore her out.

Speaking of I need to go call the vet. She has an appointment tomorrow I need to reschedule.

Thanks Kat. I'm glad I'm not on crutches also. Last time I was on those I had problems with blisters and wrist problems.

I hope everything goes well with the in-laws and that they don't have any troubles or cause any troubles. That is scary that they are trying to do it themselves.

Hi Guys

Just stopping by to see how everyone is doing. I am still fighting the fight. I just can't tell you all how ashamed I am that I have done this to myself again. I think I weigh more now then I did when banded in 2007. I do plan on getting another fill and then I think I might join weight watchers.

It sounds like all of you are doing well and I should check in on a regular basis to get my mojo back. I just really need to do something different....because what I am doing now is not working.

Talk to you soon.

Bethany

Hi Guys

Just stopping by to see how everyone is doing. I am still fighting the fight. I just can't tell you all how ashamed I am that I have done this to myself again. I think I weigh more now then I did when banded in 2007. I do plan on getting another fill and then I think I might join weight watchers.

It sounds like all of you are doing well and I should check in on a regular basis to get my mojo back. I just really need to do something different....because what I am doing now is not working.

Talk to you soon.

Bethany

Bethany...I know how you feel. I weigh more now than my surgery in 2007 too but you know what? It is what it is and I am on my journey again, this time for the last time.

I got down on the band until I realized that the band did not let me down, I let me down. But at some point you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again. I have learned to focus on the losing 10 pounds at a time goal instead of how much I have gained and the total of what I have to RE lose. I remember when I had gone from 173 to 215. I thought "I still look good and I still feel good" and I was too complacent. Then I crept to 230 and thought "OMG, what a loser" then I

just gave up because I thought I had blew it. Let me tell ya, when I got to over 270 I wanted to kick myself in the butt. I find myself wishing I would have done something about it then, or "wow, I wished I still weighed 230 and I could start losing from there". But, I can not look at it that way anymore. The way I look at it now is "wow, I sure am glad I caught this before I got to 300."

I got my butt back in gear on the 8th of October and I have lost 14 pounds.

Please come in here and chat more. The people on this thread do not judge you, and you do not have to talk about weight if you do not want to. Just know that we are here if you need us.

Take care of yourself! Give yourself a break. :frown:

Susie, do we have to call you Hop-along now? Tracy, you have an excellent attitude,

this is a journey not a short trip. We are all in this together.

:frown: Shar

Edited by missbuckeye

heyyyyyyyy

Evening.

Jenn, heyyyy yourself!!

Tracy, I agree with Shar; you have an excellent attitude.

Years ago when I was in OA, I went down to 232 pounds and put myself down because I didn't weigh less. I'd give anything to be that weight now, but you know what? I will be. Slow and steady wins the race.

Yes, I'll beat myself up again, but there's just something in me that keeps me trying. (Maybe it's that threat from Plain!) But I've been walking, and feel pretty good about that. It's amazing what spending time before work doing a little exercise can do. I'm staying away from the M&M's, but I did have a bite size Snickers today.

Oh yeah, and what's this about peanut Christmas trees?!

I'm pretty tired tonight, but taking Tuesday off helped me change my attitude, which is a good thing because it wasn't pretty!

You'll probably get tired of me saying this, but you're a terrific bunch of people. So everybody stick around, and don't leave five minutes before our miracle happens. That miracle is us, individually moving ahead, and sharing every step with each other.

OK, enough of this! Everyone take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

:group hug:

Debbie

Edited by serenity55

Woodcutting again today. UGH!!!

Suzie, I'm sorry about your foot.

Bethany, I'm glad you checked in. I'm in bad shape too.

Kat, hope the IL's are okay! Love it when the dogs are snoring!

Hi to all!!

Angela~I love red lobster but it has been years since I last went. I love Christmastime and would love to be able to come to your shop. Do you have pics? :mad2:

Cindy~I love me some Cindy too :woot: There are no such things as PB Christmas trees. :frown:

Michelle-firewood again? How are YOU feeling? Do not overdo it hun. Take care of yourself!

Kat-that freaks me out about the inlaws out on the highway by themselves. Surely they will let you know when they get there? Let us know.

Suzanne-sorry about the cast but like Kat said, at least it is a walking cast. Knock on wood, I have never had any cast of any sort. Can you tell if the cast is helping?

Angela-is your dad gonna take that job? How was your day off yesterday? Did you get some well needed r & r ?

Jenn-is they heyyyyyy because you are in a hurry or is it, blah I don't have anything to say? It better be because you were in a hurry. :wink2:

Shar-thanks...this journey would never work without God, a positive attitude and a groups of great friends like y'all!

Debbie-yes ma'am, we are the miracles. Everyday I wake up I thank God I woke up, I pray for strength and guidance, and thank him for his many blessings, including all of you. And the talk about the Peanut Butter christmas trees is that Cindy said she is glad the halloween pumpkins (reeses) are gone and know she is gonna have to fight off the Christmas tree ones. Well, they don't exist, right? Just like all dairy queen blizzard machines do not work anymore. lol

Good morning everyone~

it was a good past 2 days with the kids visiting. Very enlightening as well. Wish I could share what has been going on but I never know who is reading, so....lets just suffice to say, some people never cease to amaze me. :ohmy:

Have a great day and be good to yourselves. Make healthy choices. Look forward, not backwards. :blush:

Good morning!!! I already need to vent...UGH! Remember the guy Lee I told yall about? It's because of him.

DH always stops by my store on his way to work to use the bathroom (sorry for the TMI). There is someone who lives in the condo above my store but she is a dear friend, and all DH does is go in, do his stuff, and leave. Well, he's at the store usually around 6:30 am. Lee calls him this morning and says "What in the **** are you doing at the store??" "You shouldn't be here. People are complaining. They call me instead of calling the cops." Well....1. There's only 2 condos owned (one of them he doesn't live there full time and it's on the other end of the building). 2. If the woman above me wanted to complain, she would complain to me because I get her mail for her and she is my mom's best friend so she would complain to her and my mom would tell me. 3. They wouldn't call you instead of calling the cops. You don't work at the shopping center. DH said he kept his cool. Now...I don't think Lee had any right to ask DH what he was doing at my store. We're married! HELLO!!!! He's allowed there. Lee and his family come to our Thanksgiving. I was feeling pretty good about going, but now not so much. I honestly want to skip Thanksgiving now all thanks to Lee. I am going to ask the woman above me if she did say anything to Lee's wife or anything. I don't think she did, but I want to make sure before I talk to my mom about it.

On a good note, the girl who does my hair talked me into getting the keratin treatment. I can't wait for December 2nd to get here!! Whoo!!!!

There are 10 members of Jason's family coming over tonight for chili. DH and the men in his family love wild game. So I cooked 1 pound of ground deer meat and 1 pound of ground buffalo meat and made chili. Thankfully DH's mom is making regular chili.

Sorry the vent. It's just a sucky way to start a Friday morning. I hope it gets better, and I hope all of you have a great day!!

Lee sounds like he needs a good talking to. Maybe you should unleash your husband on him. Somethings gotta give, right?!

Tracy...I got the story. The lady above me, Arlene, came down (innocently) asking if anybody had been in here. Jacque (my employee) said no. Arlene said that it was a white truck. Jacque said "Jason drives a white truck." Well, Jacque goes and tells Lee. So Lee decides to be a big boy and come by here. I did call my mom because my mom is his boss. And she agrees with Jason and I that it is no business of Lee's. But that is how Lee and his parents are. And my mom says "Don't be surprised if Lee makes Jacque quit. Because you know how he pops off and then regrets it 3 hours later." Jacque loves working here, so I hope she stands up for herself. And then I brought up Thanksgiving and she says "He won't start anything because he knows I will put his a** out". And then I told her how we skipped the Halloween party because of Lee. She said "Lee told me how yall were invited to the same party. And I told him if he started the littlest thing with Jason, he would be in deep trouble with me and his job." So I feel better knowing that my mom has our backs. Jason wants to unleash on him, but I know he's trying to get in the good graces of my mom so I keep trying to stop him from it. I want him to unleash on him, but I don't know how good of an idea that is. Jason has tried to call Lee this morning, and Lee won't answer. I am just so relieved that my mom has our backs. This will sum up Lee and his family: My step-dad says "They just allow us to live in their world." My step-dad has said stuff to Lee and his family before about over stepping their boundaries, but it hasn't done any good.

Thankfully I'm going to have a relaxing night with Jason and his family.