Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Now we have no excuse for forgetting Angleas' name :hurray:

I had to bake Cookies today for Macys gir scouts halloween party tomorrow. Talk about a TEST. I ate about 4. For ME, that is good. So, I adjusted what I ate for supper and I think all will be OK. (except for the carbs :) ) I am going to hide them until tomorrow. we baked cookies sunday night because we wanted them. I gained 10lbs. I have to stop now!

I will take a pic of macys batman (batgirl, excuse me) costume. Her party tomorrow will be a good practice run for halloween night. I think her mask may be a little too big. If it is, I will just paint her face black on halloween and spray her hair black. I can't wait to see

Oh, guess what?! I asked dh to call his dad and step mom to see if we could visit sooner than christmas that way Christmas would not be too ackward. He called, talked to his dad a while. Hung up not knowing when we would ever get together because they are busy, yada yada yada. I told him "watch, Cindy (his stepmom) will make it happen quick. As soon as I said that, dh phone rang. It was Cindy asking if Sunday was OK for us. LOL I am glad she is anxious to put the past in the past. I just hope the rest of the family doesn't treat me like dirt. I am not really one to bite my tongue....but some of you know that already :lol2: you? I wouldn't imagine that. :tt2: I'm glad things are good, maybe this is just what the dr ordered for you

Have a fantastic day friends. :laugh:

SUZANNE!!!!!! Where are you??? Are you recovering from your walk? I hope you did not over do and hurt something, I am missing your posts! Loved the pics! Yea - where are you, you never go missing this long!

Oh yeah, I did one of the hardest things ever tonight.

Our high school did a program today called every 15 minutes. When the kids got to school there were cops everywhere and a faked car accident in front of the school and 4 "fatalities" all classmates. A helicopter flying overhead... Then every 15 minutes through the day an officer and the Grim Reaper went to a random class and pulled a student....and they were a "victim" of a drunk driving fatality.

The parents had to write their childs obituary, and loved ones wrote letters to the "lost" child.

Megan was involved. I cried a river of tears writing her letter about how it would devastate me to lose her, how she would take a part of my heart with her. And that I prayed she would remember that if ever she think about drinking and driving or riding with a drunk driver. Reminding her I would have picked her up anytime anywhere.....

Each person read their letter if they could. The "lost kids" watched via closed circuit---they are gone for the next 24 hours roughly. They are at the Civic Center, they are driving golf carts with drunk goggles on, and learning about that, and writing letters back to each of us.

Megan wanted to get involved, now I wonder how she is handling it. No cell phones, no contact. Her Mom had to go to meetings, and agree to the guidelines. they have councelors with the kids---they lost a classmate last year, when he was hit by a drunk driver, so it is close to home. I hope she learns from it. Holy smokes, I got all mushy reading this. That must have been horrible writing. Great experience for the kids. I hope it was a huge reality check

Anyway....sorry I have rambled on again----see ya tomorrow night!

LOL Angela! I was going to buy a white pair of pants and a t-shirt and pin everything to those. She's going to get to wear her costume at least twice.

I'm sorry you had to go thru that. How horrifying! At first we were just going to wrap her and my first thought was that as soon as she's wrapped, she's going to have to go potty. You poor baby! I bet your mom felt awful about that. I would have!!! Sorry about reminding you of an awful experience from your childhood. :w00t:

Kat, we do the Every 15 Minutes program here too. Some kids have been adversely traumatized by it so I have mixed feelings about it. If it saves a life tho...

Angela again, LOL at your DH about the "decorations!" Ours are decorations right up til I whack em up with my knife and cook em!!! I love roasting my squash. Cut them up into chunks or large bite size pieces [they shrink... a lot!] and roast em in a 400 degree oven til you can easily pierce them with a fork. Yummm!!! I should add that you need to peel them first if you're doing bite-size. If you're just doing large, say 1/4s then you don't have to peel them.

Jenn, huge buildings! So, I'm confused, you are an area site supervisor over a construction crew? Or? What a nice treat the bike ride was! I'll be a bitch forever! [in more ways than one!] I don't want my own bike! :w00t: I am safety officer for my guys in those buildings. I spend 7-8 hours on a slow day out in the buildings making sure they are following OSHA Regs and not killing each other as well as play mediator between our company and all the others. Right now I am at a low and only have 25 guys. At the busy point I was all over 3 buildings and had 75 guys. I can honestly say after being on the 4th floor of the big building walking on rebar along the edge with a cable to keep you from hitting the edge and being able to see to the ground in some places underfoot - I have over come a huge part of my fear of heights.:biggrin:

I love riding. I guess if I'm going to ride bitch I'm gonna have to find me a guy who is not going to leave

I'm working on the claostrophobia (sp) now.

Terri, I actually stopped roaming around on this site b/c I got tired of all the BS. People get full of them selves or are not very supportive, etc. So much drama. Sorry, I have a 4 year old and a husband and 3 dogs. I've got enough drama in my real life! I am not going to deal with complete strangers and their issues.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: You guys are NOT included in that statement. You all are my FRIENDS so your drama is my drama!!!

Debbie, I felt like that too sometimes. Trying to help and being completely ignored. Course that's b/c someone usually started some shit so the good stuff got buried in the stinky pile.

Had fun tonight. Both the slugs and the spiders went over very well. DD made a 4 faced jack-o-lantern! And each face was different! She did great! Of course DH helped her with the hard stuff but she actually did most of it.

And yea, where is Suzanne?! Kat, do you have her number? Prayers that everything is okay.

Morning all

well - I have to get together, didn't plan on such a long post - have to get ready to go.

have a wonderful

Well, good news!! So far....no more mice!!!!! We had some horrible storms yesterday. Jason had to turn the pump to make our pool drain so our pool wouldn't over fill. He had to do it twice in an hour. But luckily as it got to about 10:00 last night, the rain quit. But this crazy weather...it was 85 yesterday, supposed to be 78 tomorrow, and only 60-65 tomorrow and Friday. I'm ready for it to stay fall weather!

DH and I are going to Dollywood on Sunday to see the Gospel shows. I'm ready for a fun day away!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Good morning!!

Tracy, I hope all is well with you. Call me...I am here!

Where the heck IS Suzie?

Debbie...I think that is why I was a lurker for so long and not a writer on this site. You are most certainly appreciated here!!!!

Jenn- Cool building! I am curious about your part in it too.

Michelle, I forgot to mention that your spiders and slugs sounded neat. Did you take pictures?

Kat, that program sounds deep! I think it would rip my heart out to write my son's obit. Be safe on your journey today. I hope Rick's test all turn out good!

Morning Plain, Terri, Cindy, Ashley and anyone I am missing!

I really enjoyed having margaritas with hubby last night. We've gotten in the (bad) habit of going once a week to our little restaurant here by the house. It is a way for us to reconnect a little without laundry, dishes, ringing phones or any other "need" getting in the way. How sad is that??

Have a good one!

Angela

Edited by AngelaW

I really enjoyed having margaritas with hubby last night. We've gotten in the (bad) habit of going once a week to our little restaurant here by the house. It is a way for us to reconnect a little without laundry, dishes, ringing phones or any other "need" getting in the way. How sad is that??

Have a good one!

Angela

Angela...my hubby and I have a weekly date night. We either go out or stay at home. But it's our time. If we stay at home, we cook dinner together. But on Sunday nights, no matter what, we watch Dexter together. I think every couple should have date nights. Good for yall!! :laugh:

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on line for a few days. As always if you haven't heard from me I not eating right. Last Friday Larry and I went out to dinner, Mexican food (ugh!!). Then on Saturday we went to Sauder Village in Archbold, Ohio. The village is an early 1900s setting. We had a lot of fun, of course the were a lot of old fashion treats. We ate lunch at The Barn restaurant there, I did well with lunch, but with the treats not so good.

I'm not obsessing over it, what's done is done. :laugh:

Shar

Hello everyone! Since I have not seen Suzanne on here, I am gonna call her. Hang on....

oh my, the temp agency just called to see if I would be available to work. she said she would call me back soon if they like my resume. :laugh:

I am gonna wait for that call and try to get hold of Suzanne. I will post again soon. Thanks for everything friends!

OK guys...i am REALLY worried about Suzanne. Last time she posted on FB was Sunday. She did not answer her cell phone. I sent her a text and she did not respond. The flying monkies have officially been sent to find her!

Suzanne and her hubby have the flu. :laugh: She said she will post on here soon.

I am so glad it wasn't something REALLY horrible.

Hi suzanne I see you!

I hope you and hubby are feeling better

Wow, she's being me for Halloween? That's flattering

Well, she DID say she wanted to be scary :laugh: LOL

Hey guys, Thanks so much for the concern. We are all here, just not doing well.

Sunday was a rest day from the walk. Boy my ankles were tender. But I bounced back fast from it.

Monday morning I woke up a little quezy but did ok for the day. Then hubby called and wanted to know if I could pick him up some Flu medicine. As soon as he said that my tummy did the roll. So I came home and took care of him. Last night I crawled into bed at 9pm and slept for 14 hours. I've been in and out of bed all day long. My head is in a fog and I get dizzy real easy. My tummy is really uncomfortable and keeps rolling. I've kept down all the 7up I have been drinking.

I just woke up a little while ago and hubby said my phone had been going off. Thanks for checking on me.

Ok, back to bed. See ya soon when I'm feeling a little bit better..

Suzie...I'm sorry to hear that you are so sick! The flu is never fun!! Get better soon!

I have to brag on DH. He gets off work before I do, so he's always home when I get home. I walked into the door and he greeted me with the biggest hug, picked me up, kissed me and told me he loved me. Aww!!!

And I think it's crazy that I am already planning my store's Christmas Open House. Time flies!!!!

Kat got your numbers, but not until early this morning before I left and I knew you guys were already gone. My appt wasn't until 11:15, I got there at 10:40 and was done by 11:08! Can't beat that! Thanks for the numbers, makes me feel a little safer :laugh: Just reading about every 15 min makes me cry and upsets me. Kids just don't realize how precious life is, I hope these programs get thru to them.

I know what you are saying about the posts. I was a co-moderator on a hysterectomy support board years and years ago and know this. I let my worrysome ways take over and forget what I know lol. Thank you for the reminder! If you are doing well life just takes over, and that is a good thing! Like you tho I feel the support here is invaluable.

Angela years ago I tried a spaghetti squash and didn't know that you should cut it in half....... darn thing exploded in my oven!!! haven't tried another since lol.

Jenn that is one HUGE building! and gorgeous too. OSHA??? blech! lol You're my hero if you understand any of the regs!

(((Suzanne))) you poor things! I hope you are feeling better by now.

Ashley, yay!! no more little critters. Now they will have to find someone else's house to warm up in lol.

Got my 3rd fill today. The NP did it and damn it hurt. When the surgeon did the 1st 2 I never knew he had stuck the needle in, but her???? She needs practice! And she had to stick me twice! the second one bled like crazy. She put a full cc in and I swallowed and it appeared ok. She took the needle out, but then then barium (they do all fills under flouro) started backing up. So another stick and she took out .1cc . It was a very odd feeling, I would swallow and swallow and it was still there lol. Glad it happened while I was still there.

Freezing again tonight and now it is so windy. I want summer lol.

Have a good evening everyone!

Well, so far I've had a half cup of chicken broth and it's settleing fine. Hopefully tomorrow I will be back to my old self.

I really enjoyed having margaritas with hubby last night. We've gotten in the (bad) habit of going once a week to our little restaurant here by the house. It is a way for us to reconnect a little without laundry, dishes, ringing phones or any other "need" getting in the way. How sad is that?

Not sad at all. I think it's cute.