Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Tracy, that's a loss. Even as small as it is, if you add all those losses up you get a huge number. Keep up the good work. We all know how hard it is.

Home from the gym. Today is going to be a do nothing day. Well, not quite. The neighbor and I going out for margaritas later this afternoon.

Good morning!! My day trip to Gatlinburg has been cancelled. All thanks to my cousin (who does buggies too) and my DH decided that Saturday morning should be time to work on the buggy. Oh well. I will find something to occupy my time! :w00t:

1/2 pound is so much better than gaining! I'm too afraid to get on the scale. I've been so stressed lately. I'm sure I've gained.

I have some good news! My prayers have been answered! DH's job that we thought was only going to be temporary, it has turned into a full time permanent job!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

I hope everybody has a great day!!!

I have some good news! My prayers have been answered! DH's job that we thought was only going to be temporary, it has turned into a full time permanent job!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

I hope everybody has a great day!!!

That is really good news! :w00t:

Trey, she didn't panic this morning! WhooHoo! She was very calm the whole time.

Ashley, that is great news about DH's job. I forgot to tell you that I know what you're talking about when you say, "rock crawler" as we are in to 4 wheeling and have a '78 Jeep CJ that is our toy. It's been down a few years now, getting a new motor in it. DH doesn't have a lot of time to work on it as we also have a 30 year old house that we've been working on too! I'm sorry your trip got canceled. That sucks that the RC is taking precedence this weekend. :w00t:

Tracy, congrats on your loss! I'm trying to get my head on straight but it's been hard.

Suz, glad you made it to the gym. Have fun this afternoon!

Jen, glad you enjoyed your time w/George.

Kat, so... do you have puppy #2 yet? LOL!

Michelle, I'm glad someone else knows what a rock crawler is! haha This is DH's 2nd one. He built a brand new motor for this one. When I look at it..I think of how much money is invested into this beast. But it really is so so much fun!!! I got to sit in the new buggy yesterday. It's designed so different from the first. My reaction was "I feel like I'm in a video game simulation." DH just laughed. He usually doesn't let the buggy come first, so I don't get mad when he does. I've already made plans for tomorrow! We have 2 friends that have CJ's that go with us. So we are having our date night tonight since tomorrow his day is dedicated to the buggy!

You guys should go look at Chokecherry Canyon Rock crawling ---I am sure there are pictures. It hosts several HUGE rock crawling events, TV publicized events. Chokecherry is about 20 minutes from us. Sandstone rocks abound around here. It is a very popular hobby.

We are heading out to walk the dog at the river. No second dog, we called about him, but have not got a call back. BBL

Sweet, sweet Friday!!

Man...it felt like it would never get here, lol.

I just read all of the posts above and now I can't remember what I read. Jeez. Here I go...

Trey- That breaks my heart about your dogs. They really do become a part of the family. Phooey on your crappy year too. It will get better! You've got a fun personality and you're not too shabby looking so get out there and enjoy life! (Maybe all that wasn't necessary...didn't you just crash a reunion?? LOL!)

....and we (I think it's safe to speak for us all) enjoy your taunting and teasing so keep bringing it!!!

Michelle, ug! Pink eye. Poor baby. My sister and I used to share make-up when we were younger (well...I wouldn't say she "shared" so much as I took). We both had pink eye at the same time! I hope DD gets to feeling better.

Kat, I hope you guys get the other dog! The dog you have sounds like a sweetie and 'woo-hoo' for all the training she has obviously had!! It sure makes things easier.

Our little dog brought a frog in the house last night. I used to play with frogs when I was younger but I just couldn't bring myself to pick this little dude up! I took the baby gate (which blocks the dog from the litterbox aka "snackshack") and scooted it's butt back out the door (our puppy is facinated with the cat's poop). YUCK. She likes to go in and get herself a 'snack' on occasion (if somebody forgets to put the gate back up). TMI...sorry. The thought makes me dry heave. Then she kisses her 'daddy' and that makes me laugh!!

They had a story on the hail in West Texas this morning on the news. They compared it to tennis balls. Hope you guys didn't get it that bad, Kat!!

Hiya, Shar! Are you getting any rest? I know you've mentioned working some funky hours!

Suzie...I lost track somewhere. Have you done the 5k yet? I wish I was having margi's with you!

Jenn- Snuggling with George and then Breakfast? ? You go girl!!!!!!

Cindy...less stress today? I still admire you!

Tracy- You boycotting Wal-mart or what? LOL! Kuddos on the .5 lbs. A loss is a loss!! How is the little "see'r" doing?

Debbie, how are you today?? Still tinkering with Facebook? I used to spend hours on it. I love reconnecting with people!

Ashley, welcome again! LOL...I should tell you a little about me...I am 35, married (Mike) and I have one son (Zach) and two 'bonus" grown sons. I live in Texas..about 10 min. from Tracy. Have fun on your date night!

I am working tomorrow so I will catch you guys then.

**THAT my friends, was a long post!!!!!

Have a good day...er...weekend!

Angela

Edited by AngelaW

Hey, btw...

Mike was peeking over my shoulder the other day and wanted to know what was up with "wantitbad" my screen name. Do you guys know if I can change that?

At one point, I did want it bad...the surgery that is. Now it just sounds....kinda yucky :w00t:.

Hey, btw...

Mike was peeking over my shoulder the other day and wanted to know what was up with "wantitbad" my screen name. Do you guys know if I can change that?

At one point, I did want it bad...the surgery that is. Now it just sounds....kinda yucky :).

:thumbup: Just tell him, he should feel grateful that you want "it" bad.

Angela---go to the top of the page, almost all the way to the right, there is a tab called "Quick Links" click it, then go down to "Edit Options", then on the left hand side "change user name is all the way to the bottom. You will choose a name,and then when it is checked against already used names, they will email you with it, and when it is changed, all your former posts will change with it.

Went to Outback with Becky & Gary. Was a nice night, but the service sucked, our food was not great, the steak was tuff. And Gary could not quit talking politics---I get it ALL day and we have differing opinions, so it was not a good thing! Becky and I had a great time! she had her hair cut and colored today it looked so good, made me jealous!!!

I have to work tomorrow 10-2. Was supposed to be off, but the other woman who works that was scheduled is out of town for a family funeral. So it is me! Rick has to work part of a day too, so it will be ok. Then I think we will go to a movie!

Do not choke on this, but he wants to see Jackass!!! LOL The guys at work are laughing about things he now wants to see for himself!

Thank goodness there will be popcorn!!! LOL

Tracy, I am with the others, any loss is good! Besides, once a week weighing is very difficult, if you ate anything salty, your Fluid retention could account for several pounds! If I eat a single handful of sunflower seeds, I will put on 5 pounds.....seriously! I will go away quickly, but it is there none the less! Salt affects me.

Well I am headed to bed, I am so sleepy!!!

See y'all tomorrow.

Hey Angela, maybe you should be "Mikeylikesit"!!!! Remember the old Life Cereal commercials....you are probably too young!!!

Edited by Kat817
adding a thought!

Well, the DH is off to Jellico rock crawling. He got up at 5 this morning. I am going to the barn today. I haven't been since I sold my horse. I used to show American Saddlebred horses and Hackney Ponies. My 19 year old pony is getting fat in the pasture. I retired him in 2009. BTW, if you ever want some great full body exercise...go take a horse back riding lesson. I'm not going to be able to move tomorrow. But it's soooo worth it!!!!

Angela, Nice to meet you!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Good morning all

i d on't know why I'm up but I am

I'm exhausted

i would love to go horseback riding...

i'll catch up later - my eyes can't even focus without my contacts anymore

Good morning everyone~

Yesterday i did such a great job with my calorie/carb/protein intake. I had only had 920 calories, 51 carbs and 61 protein....THEN dh wanted to go to DQ. The good news of that is I only got a snack size pimpkin pie blizzard. I looked it up and it only had like...320 calories but the carbs doubled my daily intake thus far so....I am trying not to beat myself up too much. At least I did not get a large turtle pecan blizzard like i would have normally gotten. So why do I feel like an alcoholic that fell off the wagon? I fuess in a way I should be somewhat hard on myself to ensure I do not do it again.

Angela-that story about the dog Snacks was funny/gross all at the same time. I have to admit, I did LOL. I have been to Walmart, but you just have not been there! lol

OK, well, dd is gone until tomorrow so I am gonna try to get her halloween costume made. I already have the umbrella torn apart, but now i need to get a long sleeved black shirt and sew the wings onto it so when she raises her arms, her bat wings flare out :thumbup:

Eat right and walk further than necessary!

I know you will Suzanne!

:)

"dog snacks" eeeewwww!! But SO common with dogs, we laughed ourselves silly over a friend commenting that her dog was eating "kitty cookies"---so gross!!!! LOL

When Manda was little we were in a restaurant, and she freaked out, had everyone in the place laughing---a Village Inn family if you will---because she screeched at a man "don't eat that!!!" Then turned to me and told me "that man is eating cat poopies".....he had picked up a link sausage and was attempting to eat it......not sure if he ever did eat it!! I apologized, he was very nice, I was very embarassed that I had a kid old enough to know not to eat cat poopies and still did not recognize link sausage!!! LOL

She was the same child who had to be taught at 12 on the 4th of July how to light a match!!! Sheltered? jus' a little!!

I am off to work shortly---Rick has already been called in. Fixed some breakfast, ate part of an egg, but breakfast is just a hard time for me to eat. So picked a bit, will be fine til I get off at 2.

Tracy, if all they had out for us to choose from was pumpkin stuff I could lose weight like mad this time of year, I don't care for pumpkin.....anything. Well the PB reeces SHAPED like pumpkins I like!!! LOL

Maybe you can remember the feeling of regret next time, and just share a little one with Macy or something. Used to be Kinsey and I could get a kiddie size, share and have left overs for Rick. she does not eat anymore ice cream than she ever did, a few spoonfuls and she is done. Unfortunately Granny has increased her ice cream intake.

My weight is stable. It is not stable where I would like it so much(!) but it remains right in a 2 pound range no matter what it seems! But I am not stressing it.....will do my best to make some good decisions, and allow it to drop....but seriously focus more on health than the #. Wish me luck with this.

Would you all be so kind as to remember my Mom in your prayers. she is not doing good at all. She is losing the will to fight the pain she is in, and she is giving up hope. It is scaring me, and she is for all intents and purposes ready to move to a wheelchair.

She sees a surgeon next month to discuss removing the tumor on her parathyroid, they are thinking perhaps it is causing enough of an imbalance in her electrolites, and leaching enough Calcium to be the cause of the increased pain. The risks to the surgery are pretty difficult for her to accept. The risk of facial muscle damage is high.

But she just needs to feel hope again. Thanks in advance my friends.

Gotta run! Time to go!

Home from my very first 5K. Bo am I going to feel this one for a few days. I couldn't get over how hilly it was. Seemed like the whole time we were walking up a hill. But it's done and we didn't even take the short cut.

Hope you like the pics.

post-214709-13813139641079_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813139641441_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813139641744_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813139642182_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813139642649_thumb.jpg