Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Oh My God!!!! KAT!!!!! I literally stopped breathing! I didn't realize it til I got to your last post! My heart is pounding HARD!! I understand your fear. W/my DH being a fireman, ANY thing can happen at ANY time! I'm so sorry that you had such a huge scare. That guy had better hope you never meet him face to face. I'd deck him!!!!! :) Shoot I may go find him and deck him anyway!!!! :thumbup:

I hope you can sleep tonight after that. Hugs and best thoughts.

MIZZOU,

Sorry, just had to do that.

Kat, anymore news??? I hope you were able to get some sleep last night.

MIZZOU,

Sorry, just had to do that.

Kat, anymore news??? I hope you were able to get some sleep last night.

huh? :blushing:

Kat-thanks alot for scaring the crapola out of me. :blushing: I am SO glad that he is OK. One time Frank was late from work (before the time we had cell phones) and it was when macy was a tiny one, my mom was there, I was freaking out and when he walked in the door i grabbed him and cried a river then screamed dont ever do that to me again!! LOL He had stopped at the store to rent a movie. I am so relieved for you! I promise to continue to pray for your mom.

Ashley-I will remember your name now. I have a neice named ashley :smile2:

Jenn-whats kickin chicken? what is on your agenda today?

Suzanne-thanks for sharing the pics. I am so proud of you. When I get more weight off me and my hip doesnt hurt like this i am gonna do a 5k. You are an inspiration.

Debbie-I wish you could see your last post. The well done smilie you put for me is truly the greatest thing I have seen and I have to tell you about it so you can picture it in your mind. I mean absolutely no disrespect, ok? It is a group of cartoon people that remind me of our little group we have here, 12 to be exact, they are different colors, they are all standing in a group like they are taking a group picture and they are holding up a sign that says "you can do this". All the little guys are making different faces, blushing, crooked smiles, one is sticking out his tongue. And to top it all off, there is one in the front row that is wearing dark glasses like some blind people do. I dont know if you wear dark glasses or not, i just found it ironic that this picture represents all of US. This is probably the closest thing to a group picture we will ever have. I LOVE IT. Thank you!

Michelle-how is your dd?

Terri-so glad to see your post. I am going to get some greek yogurt on our next grocery shopping excursion. Thanks :wub:

Cindy-do y'all dress up for halloween for school and have a party? Do you dress up? I have not had a halloween costume in years!

Shar-where are you hiding?

Plain-ya scared? come out come out wherever you are...

Angela-I was at target yesterday and we thought we saw your jeep. lol We looked all over for ya! How you doin?

Have a great day everyone! :blushing:

Morning!

Watching the Pittsburg/Miami game. Go Steelers!!!

Kat, how are you today? Were you able to get any sleep last night? I can imagine the hug that Rick is going to get when he finally makes it home!

Tracy, I loved that you described Debbie's emoticon to her. She did a great job of picking it. I went and looked at it again. You are right - it is perfect for us!! :smile2:

DH is still at work. He called about an hour ago to tell me that they were on a call. Were just finishing up on it when a civilian backed into another station's fire engine. Soooo he has to do a report, call in the Prevention guy, take statements, etc. AND b/c they are shutting down fire season tomorrow, he has to do the exit paperwork for one of his guys. He was getting out of the shower and heading to the office to do the paperwork, when they got the call! More overtime but he's missing his game!

He's got the next 2 shifts off, so he'll be home for a couple of weeks. It'll be nice to have him home.

I got a bug up my behind and starting re-arranging the furniture in the living room yesterday. I think I like it. Don't know how DH will feel about it. Vacuuming as I went. Now I need to dust everything. Yes, I did it backwards! LOL! I actually didn't intend to start moving the stuff, it just sort of happened. AND if DH doesn't like it, he can re-arrange it himself! LOL!!

I did discover that I need to not do that by myself again, tho, knowing me, I probably will! I could hardly move last night. Whole body stoved up on me. Doing okay so far today but things do ache. Stooopid Lupus! :blushing:

Beautiful, rainy day today! Enjoy yourselves no matter what you do!

Oh Man guys---it was one helluva night. Ended up with Rick being fine, totally confused, and somewhat (more than that really) embarrassed by the hoopla. And in the end the dispatcher no longer has a job.

It began yesterday afternoon, they had 2 jobs going in Colorado---one above Dolores, and one in Dove Creek. Both needing mechanics. These jobs are being done out of the main office in Grand Junction, who is the parent and wheels of our local yard. Well their mechanic was MIA---he too will likely be on the cutting block. So the dispatcher called Rick---rather than a back up in Grand Junction. Rick questioned it, but was told he was supposed to go, so he went. he was told to go to Dolores. He did. He called me at 3:30 from a small town near there---all was fine, but from there he goes off paved road etc. I didn't talk to him long as my brother had just walked in. And my brother, with his mental state takes offense very easily over things such as being ignored.

So now we fast forward to 7:30 ish, and his co worker calls me because they cannot contact Rick and the job supervisor is saying he never showed up. So locally they began calling him, work cell, personal cell ( a friend had the #) and the truck phone---all went unanswered. So they communicate back and forth with the location boss and determine he has not been on location, he never signed in. So they log on to locate his black box in the truck----and there is no signal at all. No GPS signal----nothing. Black box is dead. So....they make the decision to send out search and rescue---and locally they leave heading to the little town I talked to him at then, they plan to split up and go in several directions. They would not allow me to ride along, but promised me a ride as soon as they knew anything. Them taking this as serious as calling search and rescue scared me to death! There is new snow, and very muddy roads, so I was figuring a simple slide off the road and stuck, without phone service. I know I let it panic me last night, but I still felt SURE I would know if it was dire, but....maybe that is hind sight!!

Well they get headed up there, and a Colorado hiway patrol calls in that he has been located, and is fine. He has no cell service in the roads he is on. So his coworkers hopped in together---two of them---and head on up to where he is at, because they think at this time he is in deep doo-doo. They get to the road the cop told them, and there is Rick with a tow truck driver, helping to hook up a big Halliburton Iron truck. He has no idea what is going on! They ask him why he didn't sign in, he says he did. They tell him the boss claims he never showed up, He was livid! He told them the location is less than 8 miles ahead, go check on him. Well one of the guys IS his boss, so they go up, and there bigger than Dallas is Rick signed in, hours charged, notations on the paperwork etc.

So they call dispatch back----and get the big wheels involved, and come to find out, dispatch sent Rick to Dolores, when he checked in , they logged him as the Grand Junction mechanic, and were waiting for Rick to show up in Dove Creek. He didn't even know there were problems in Dove Creek. So then they got to the black box. 6 different write ups have been made on it not working, and the electronic techs have ignored it. The dispatcher when he couldn't find it, lied about suddenly losing contact with it.

So it was a series of screw ups due to the dispatcher---but I tell ya, they had us here totally scared to death! Rick was working, he had no clue! Now that all is fine, it just embarrasses him, because everyone was looking for him, thinking he had screwed up!

Just glad he is ok. He is already out there again today, the tow truck was not heavy duty enough to tow with iron on the truck, so they dropped the trailer, and he has to go pick it up today. So another day off for me that he is working. He will have probably 180+ hours on his paycheck. Can you believe that??? Uncle Sam will love it!

Anyway, he was home, and therefor I slept ok! Was stressful as hell. And Manda was upset and wanted to be here, I was not up to putting on a front for Kinsey, so her feelings are hurt, I need to mend that fence today. I mean I know she understands, but she was scared too.

So....laundry today. Need clean pants after last night.

Plan to grill out......IF he makes it home at a decent time. We'll see. Supposed to drop off again temperature wise here this week---so plan to go walk the dog at the river again. I want to ride so bad, but there is so much mud, and cleaning hooves sucks!!!! We'll see.

Sorry so much drama!!! Thank you all for being there......I needed to vent without scaring anyone else ---Mom, son etc. without knowing anything yet. Glad I didn't bother them. Thank you so much!

Kat, I'm glad everything is okay!! It's crazy how some things can get so screwed up!

Well, DH wanted to take me for a ride on the motorcycle today. But before I could tell him that I don't think I can swing my leg to get on the bike, he has called our friends and we're going riding! I did tell him I was not going as I am way to sore to get on the bike and ride for a couple of hours. lol So he went, and I think we are having movie night tonight. I'm hoping I can talk him into taking me to see The Social Network. I was reminded how well our dogs have it. Both of our dogs are out of food. So we go to Tractor Supply for Babe's (the Boxer). Almost $50 that we spend monthly on Babe's food. Then off to PetCo for Coco's (the Yorkie). Luckily, we spend only $12 every 2 months or so on her. lol But DH couldn't resist buying them 2 new toys! lol And the fact that the dogs have been laying around on the couch sleeping all day. Oh to have the life of our pets.

Sorry the random post. I'm a little bored. :blushing:

I love random post. Keep up the good work.

Tracy, Missouri beat #1 ranked Oklahoma last night. Love that college football.

Beautiful day here.Took the kitties for a walk out back and then I got the male one to lay down and I covered him in leaves. Just wish I'd had my camera at the time. It was too cute.

Kat thank goodness he was ok. And it's good to know the powers took this seriously and sent out S&R! I'm glad you got to learn that with him being ok in the end. I can't imagine how awful last night must have been. I've spent the last 30+ years worrying about DH driving to and from locations after working such long hours and now I have to worry about our son as well.

Today is some laundry and some sewing. Well it will be some sewing if I will get off this computer! I'm doing some quilt blocks that are kicking my behind. They are hard lol. Oh and watching some Nascar racing! Tomorrow night will be the Cowboys!

Hey ya'll

just wanted to say hi

I ate like a piggy today - came home and made some ham and cheese Soup. So I'll be back on Protein Shakes and soup for the next week to get rid of this yuck

Went out with a friend today, did some running and to lunch, and stopped at homedepot for me, i came home finished shampooing carpets, cleaned floor *Magic Eraser is the BEST thing to clean showers and ceramic tile

Now I'm sitting down to read a little, ok trying to... as I'm having a little drink and watching 50 first dates, so we will see how far i get

Ok not getting far, I've had this open for almost an hour

Wowzers! Kat I am soooo glad everything is ok. My heart was racing too while I was reading your post. Thank God Rick is ok!

I hope you all had a great weekend! I am pooped. I worked 10 hours yesterday and spent today at the Wings Over Houston Air Show with Zach. It was really beautiful.

I now have an awesome farmer's tan (sunburn is more like it!).

I will check in tomorrow. Have a good one!

Angela

Edited by AngelaW

DH and I have caught 3 mice in the past 5 days (2 of them being tonight). We went out for dinner, and as I was getting the dogs out of their kennels, I heard squeaking. There was a baby mouse on a sticky pad. Walked out into the garage...there was a mouse dead. It had gotten into the rat poison the Orkin man put out. Then I was checking the other sticky pads in the laundry room (where the baby was and where we keep the dogs), I finally see how the mice are getting in and out because I saw another mouse going out. Between the dryer hose and the wall. DH goes "I will fix it tomorrow. Please go to Lowe's and get spray foam." If this doesn't stop these stupid mice I'm going to go absolutely crazy!!!! I hate hate hate mice!!!! At least we are catching them. And to top it off....there's a skunk in our back yard that thankfully hasn't sprayed. DH also saw a bobcat in our back yard. And there's a pack of coyotes that we hear about 3-4 times a week. All these mice make me feel like my house is dirty, and I hate a dirty house!!! I will be frantically cleaning tomorrow.

Okay...make that 4 mice tonight!!!!!! I went into our bathroom, and saw one in our bath tub. Our bath tub is sunken into the floor. So he was trapped. Jason comes in and goes "Hey there little buddy". I looked at him and said "Really??? You're going to talk to it. Please get it out of here!" I learned that mice can swim. He got it into a solo cup and flushed it down the toilet. We weren't sure what to do with it. Needless to say...I was going to take a relaxing bath tonight, but not anymore. Even though I did clean the tub, I just can't make myself take a bath. So a shower it is. Then I went back into the laundry room. There was another one on another glue trap. DH went outside to the dryer vent. The flap wasn't closing. so he fixed that. Hopefully since the flap is closed now, they won't come back in. I'm getting fed up with these mice. 4 mice in one night? That's got to be a record.

Off to watch Dexter...

Kat, OMG, I just checked in today and went through all the emotions of your ordeal in a span of 5 minutes. I am so sorry you had to go through that due to someone's incompetence. I am very glad Rick is ok and you finally got some sleep.< /p>

Ashley, you can spray the foam, but steel wool is better for sealing small openings. Rodents don't chew through the steel wool, but I think they may on the foam. Oh, and every little crack has to be closed, since they are sneaky little suckers and can squish really small when they need to! Good luck!