Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Angela, do they do an auto recount? Have all the absentee's been counted? That is way close to just say ok whatever! WOW! None of our races were near that close.

Took my Mom to town. She has waited for a month, I was expecting it....not today, but it was ok! My Uncle is coming in from Mississippi today, so she had things she wanted to get.

I took some ribs out and put on to slow cook, then will grill them the last while. I did this to take out to my parents for them and my Uncle. I was not even planning to stay, I am unsure when Rick will be in. My Aunt (the one I don't get along well with) invited her and my other Uncle to come to dinner at Moms. I am furious over it! I have no issue supplying dinner for Mom, Dad and Uncle Bob! But I have no desire to supply hers! I only did it, because my Mom is having such a hard time moving. So the plan was I would get the ribs ready for Dad to grill, and all she had to do was to toss some potatoes in to bake, and throw on a salad. My Aunt says Oh I will bring some potatoes, they are mashed, but we had them a couple of nights ago, they are still good. My Mom is too kind hearted, she let it go, and is worrying if she will have enough food. Grrrrrrrrr. My Mom has enough to worry about with her health right now.

sorry, needed to vent. Won't say anything around my Dad, his sister, he feels responsible. She is NOTHING like him. Too bad.

So....almonds are a good snack for ya. Are they good enough to counteract a Creme Brulee coating?? LOL Found them at Walmart, Planters hates me!!!! How amazing would they be???? Good thing I walked away. You notice I am still thinking of them tho.

So....almonds are a good snack for ya. Are they good enough to counteract a Creme Brulee coating?? LOL Found them at Walmart, Planters hates me!!!! How amazing would they be???? Good thing I walked away. You notice I am still thinking of them tho.

O...M....G thanks for sharing this tidbit of information. NOT! :rolleyes:

I want to get the keratin treatment. But I don't know if I can go 3 days without washing my hair. And you have to use their Shampoo and conditioner, and before you get into a pool, you have to spray your hair with another one of their products. I don't mind all that, it's the not washing my hair for 3 days. lol And you can't tuck it behind your ear, pull it up, get it wet or nothing. lol I think I would feel so so dirty.

Back in July, DH and I moved into a new house. When we did, the former owner did not address the propane tank being full with us. She bought the propane back in April, and was making payments on it. Well, she stopped paying the bill when we moved in, without telling us. So the propane company calls me and says "I don't know who needs to pay this." So I called my real estate agent (who has known my family since before I was born). She goes back to the contract, and takes it to 2 brokers in her company. They all say that it is the former owner's responsibility because she did not have the propane pro-rated. Well, now the former owner is saying that she was witnesses that we talked about it. And if there's one thing that gets me mad, it's when people make me out to be a liar. Well, we didn't talk about it. The balance on her account is $591.00. I called my trustee (who is an attorney too), and he says I'm not responsible. Even the propane company says I'm not responsible. So I'm just waiting to get a letter from an attorney. But for what it's going to cost her to get an attorney, she could pay the bill that everyone is saying she's responsible for. Ughhhh....this woman is killing me. Sorry just had to vent.

I found out that my brother and his wife are pregnant. I'm very excited for them, even though his wife and I do not get along at all.

Well, this morning that keratin treatment would be great. I still need to go flat Iron my hair before work. DH and I are cooking steaks tonight (still need to go put them in the Dale's sauce..can't forget!!).

Have a great day yall!!!

This isn't the full keratin, it's called a blow out and it only lasts 6-8 weeks, so it is half the price and you only have to wait 24 hours before washing. Now, if I like it, I may do the regular thing next time.

It sucks about the propane tank. I hope that gets straightened out soon.

Cindy-your hair looks SO pretty! You look great :rolleyes:

I love me some Tracy!

I come home yesterday and my DaVinci syrups had come in.I ...so having some excellent flavored capuccino this morning. Nice fire going. I thought seriously about going back to bed....but now with not working, I can keep Rick's hours again. So if he has to go to bed early, this way I will be back on his schedule.

Sounds yummy!

Morning.

Cindy. I like your hair both ways. My younger sister has a head full of spiral curls. They go almost half way down her back. I would love to have her hair and she would give anything to trade with me.

I would like having spiral curls, but what I have is waves (not bad) but I can't stand the frizz that goes along with it.

Sounds positively sinful, although not as bad as the evil Peanut Butter pumpkins that kicked my butt for the past month. Thankfully those little buggers are gone for now. Now, I get to see the freaking peanut butter Christmas trees.:wub:

Evil Peanut Butter Pumpkins. Yes they are. But I'm glad to say that I only had 2 of them this season. It's the rest of the crap I had to deal with. lol.

We got out of work early this evening. No surgeries going on. We made several rounds and made sure everyone had what they needed and then we headed home. Not till after we ate in the cafeteria. A nice hot bowl of chili. Now my tummy is gurgling.

I have a long day of lots of running around to do tomorrow. I will post when I get the chance.

Kat, I'm so sorry that your Aunt is like that. But you have to remember that you are doing it for your parents and not her. I know that easier said then done, I've been in that situation. Just make sure Mom is taken care of, that's your job.

Tracy, Has Macy made up a Christmas list yet? One of the local stations started playing their Christmas music the day after Halloween. I turned it on for hubby this evening. He rolled his eyes and walked away. I agree. It's too early for that. I love Christmas music, just not this early.

I love it too, Cindy! Great pics...thanks for sharing!!

Kat, it's a small town. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 people voted. My sister explained that he only needed 50% + 1 to win. There will be no recount on their part. My dad had 49.78% to the elected judge's 50.22%.

My Dad can pay to have a recount...to the tune of around $800.00 (25 cents per vote). He will only be refunded his money if they find an error.

Sadly, it's still a "good ole' boy" county (hell, I think it is the whole state!) and they protect their own. My parents have been there going on 14 years now and are still considered outsiders.

These folks get in an uproar if their roads aren't paved NOW. Forget about the county being on a budget...and a schedule unless it is dire. The last judge is facing charges for doing a lot of work on his property with county equipment. Also for misuse of funds.

The new judge is already promising some ridiculous stuff so we will see how it goes (yep...a little bias, I am).

My heart hurts for my dad but I think this is going to work out for the better. He was offered a job last night that I think he would be very happy with.

My brain hurts. It has been a long day with too many emotions ping-ponging around.

I took a mental health day (lol, ok...vacation day) tomorrow so I will check in then.

sleep well!

Angela

Edited by AngelaW

Evening all, I did not barf today, sticking to mostly liquids.

Thanks for all the good advice. liquid Motrin is a good idea, I'm going to pick up some on my way home from work. I don't think my stress level is any higher then normal.

Catch you guys later.:)

Shar

Angela, I am not a good loser in things like that---things that matter. I can lose candy Land and be fine, but something like that just infuriates me! Locally--well on the Navajo reservation a few miles away they had a race on for the Navajo president (another issue I need not get started on), I believe it was---we are not allowed to vote in it of course. There was a woman running, the first ever---a well educated, well spoken woman who wanted to help her people, she was running against the incumbent, who is on paid admin leave, with multiple federal charges against him. But they simply could NOT allow a woman in office. The news report showed men standing in line overnight to vote---and pushing---physically barring women in! Although they tell a different story----of course. After they voted in the reservation election, they come to town to vote off the reservation too.....and voted in another man with charges against him for embezzling hundreds of thousands of dollars from the TRIBE! Because he was being challenged by a man who had a multi racial background, he only had one people.......IDIOCY!!! LOL I am so sorry your Dad didn't get things as he wanted, but like the song says ---- some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers. Maybe this new opportunity is best for him. To be honest, it would be hell to move to a new small town and try to make it fit.

I went to dinner with Manda and Kinsey tonight, Rick is still working, and we did not want to stay at my folks---Mom was already stressing not having enough!!! Anyway, Kinsey wanted to go to Golden Corral! We try to go as a family once a month or so for breakfast....so she wanted to go tonight. We figured WTH, we'll go. That child ate her weight in shrimp. I ate my share as well. They were so good! We each fixed us a baked potato and salad, and we are chowing down, and she looks at us and says "OK what's not to like about this???" Damned if she wasn't right!!! Was yummy, who would have thought?

Cindy, I hear you on the hair! Mine used to be straight---and lighter blonde. When it fell out with the chemo, and then grew back in, I got someone elses hair! It is now a wavy frizzy mess----and darker, and courser. I have sections that are straight, then the under side is frizz city----if I gell it out of the shower, it is in curls---more like a perm---but I must not touch it, or it goes straight....in spots! LOL I would jump on the treatment!

Rick gives me grief that he no longer looks at the clock to see how much further when we go to Texas, he looks to see how big my hair is getting!

There was a woman who come to vote---she heard on the news it was election, and was adament she come to vote. She had alzheimers. Her DD ask me about it, so we ask her name, she gave it, her address, she gave it (she has since moved in with DD, but she knew her old address of 30 years!) and she knew her birth year. So we had no choice but to let her vote. She tells her DD whose name is Diane, "see Thelma, I told you I vote here". Then all of a sudden she looks at one of my workers and says "Frances is that you?" Frances smiles and says to her "Yes Dorothy it is, I wasn't sure if you knew me" She come and gave her a hug, and I looked up and her DD is crying---she said she has not known me for weeks. She hadn't seen Frances in 20 years! They worked together in the school cafeteria back then!!! So sad. Yet a happy memory for her....

Gonna go finish a book I am reading, the guy has a wry sense of humor that appeals to me!

Morning all

Plain - I would love to hear that story LOL. I had a good time, and ended well. We have done this for years... he will find another girlfriend and I'll be on standby again.

Cindy - your hair is great. I so need to get mine done

Angela - I'm sorry dad lost.

Tracy - nope, I am not doing anything good. I have to stop. I am retaining Water so badly but i guess it would go away if I would drink to flush myself. I'm making an appointment with my primary and fill appt today. I need to get this together, I've gained 12lbs, I'm sure 1/2 is water, still doesn't matter it has to go away.

I have been feeling like crapola - still stuffy and chest is tight - mostly I'm just completely run down. I didn't go to class last night and went to bed at 6:30 and still could be sleeping. So I'm going to do it again tonight

well, I have to run - catch ya'll later

there are no such thing as Peanut Butter christmas trees. there are no such thing as peanut butter christmas trees. there are no such thing as peanut butter christmas trees. there are no such thing as peanut butter christmas trees. there are no such thing as peanut butter christmas trees. there are no such thing as peanut butter christmas trees.

Good morning!!!! DH and I have planned a date night with friend of his and his wife for Saturday...Red Lobster! I'm loving these date nights! And Saturday, we are having pictures made. He used to refuse to do this, but since he has made his changes it was his idea. I was so excited!! I have my annual eye exam today. Joy.. But I am getting my hair done today. My roots are horrible. Tomorrow night we are having DH's family over for our annual chili dinner. DH is making some deer chili, but we are also making regular chili because my mother-in-law and I don't like the deer chili. So DH and I are cleaning house tonight.

Too bad yall don't live close enough to come to my shoe store's Holiday Open House!! All of the retail shops that are in the little shopping center with me are doing it too. I love love love Christmas time!!!!

Kat..that story is amazing. Its crazy to think she can remember someone from 20 years ago! It's so funny how our brain works, even when a person has Alzheimers.

Have a great day!!!

Morning Peeps.

It's our monthly Family Breakfast morning. I love going to these things.

Then I'm off to my sisters to go take care of her bills. From there I will go to the Pediatrist to see what the heck is wrong with my foot.

There is no such thing a Peanut Butter christmas trees......

Angela, Hopefully this new opputunity for your Dad is just wan he needs. Sorry that he lost in the elections, apparently it wasn't ment to be.

Have a great day.

I agree, no such thing as Peanut Butter Christmas Trees. If there are.....I will treat them just like I did the Peanut Butter Pumpkins. I am PROUD to say I did not eat a single one! Did not buy a single one! I have a basket with dozens of regular Reeses Peanut Butter Cups left over from Trick or Treat, and I have not touched the candy!

Now if I could say the same about the homemade Cookies, I could have possibly lost a pound or 2!!!

The candy has not been a draw, but the cookies and the chex mix....oh my.....

My Dad has me on the phone, watching a program on TV where they are sinking a retired air craft carrier, off the Florida Keys, to encourage reef growth. Well it is the air craft carrier he served on, so he is totally engrossed, won't carry a conversation, but wants me on the phone! Cracks me up. So I am going to go "watch/talk/breath" with my Dad.....lol

Morning all

Plain - I would love to hear that story LOL. I had a good time, and ended well.

When I get off from working days, I will PM you the story. It's a doozie:rolleyes2: