Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Busy morning this morning. I had to be up at 7:30 to wait for Ethan, then got the call from Joe to pick him and take him to work and bring Ethan here. That was 8 and I had to be dressed to leave for a rehearsal at 9. Finished at 10 so I could get home and relieve the Bobster so he could go and officiate at the funeral. Grady came over for a visit at noon and then they left to go to the dentist. In the meantime, Ethan and I have been out twice to clean out garden stuff. I have 1.5 cleaned out with 14 left to do. I figure the more I do in the Fall, the less I have to do in the Spring.

Kat.. sorry to hear you are sick. Hope the meds do the trick for you.

I'm still working on my phone. I have Ethan's picture as the wallpaper now and as Joe's caller ID. I need to put Grady's as Kris's picture ID. Fun,fun.

Off to get some lunch and then head outside again. Everyone have a great day!!

Hello Everyone!!!

I am back on a full diet again. I am eating thai peanut noodles for lunch. I had half a serving so about 250 calories . . . not healthy but not an insane number of calories. I am at 138 pounds today so that is not too bad either.

Landlord Saga - Installment 2

-------------------------------

I had the building inspector and landlord in today. The house failed again primarily for electrical issues. The house has never passed once in the three years that I have lived there.

While she was there, I had a voice recorder stuffed into my bra and took her around the house to discuss items that were issues before I moved in. She admitted to all of them being prior issues . . . some of which were more than 10 years old. She can't deduct for any of them out of my security deposit now because I have her taped admittance of their pre-existence. My lawyer also said it is legal to tape a conversation as long as one party is aware (me) and that I don't use them for blackmail purposes (would never do that but absolutely would bring them to small claims court to prove a point).

After the inspector left, she wanted to discuss the lease. Apparently, she never got my second lease termination notice which was sent cerified, return receipt last Thursday. She said it is because she is so short with a deep mailbox that she can't reach the bottom. She said sometimes her mail stays down there forever, lol.

So, I told her in person that we are terminating at the end of October. She was really upset to say the least. She asked why we made that decision and I told her that one of the biggest deciding factors was when she mentioned that we would need to replace 30 year old cupboards in the kitchen. She said she doesn't remember saying that and that the cabinetry is beautiful so why would she say that. She also said that the paint started chipping 10 years ago but they still look to good to replace.

Anyways, she said we have her in a really tough position. She said it would be impossible to find new renters in one month, especially because it is a large 3 bedroom house and school has already started for people with children. She said that she wanted 3 months notice per the lease (the lease says in a holdover lease either party can terminate with 30 days notice) but she did put a handwritten comment on the last page that she wants 3 months notice prior to lease termination. She said is there anything at all she can possibly do to keep us in as tenants. She really doesn't want us to go.

So now I feel bad for her (I think my heart is too soft). After all of that craziness, she needs us now, loves us as tenants and is willing to do whatever it takes to keep us. However, I feel like these kind feelings of hers are specifically related to her need for us to sign a new lease.

So my question to you is . . . would it be worth considering negotiating a very favorable lease . . . or . . . should we just run away as quickly as we can??? Your thoughts???

run away quickly... my heart has gotten the better of me in the past and i almost always get burned. Now unfortunately when it comes to rentor/leassor agreements I have to treat it strictly as business and not let me heart/feelings get in the way.

she is backtracking on telling you to fix the cabinets. you know for a fact she told you that you had to replace/fix them. So what would prevent her from saying otherwise again in 3 months??

Do you already have another place to live?

I have a very large three bedroom apartment directly underneath my babysitters apartment which will be ready Oct 15th with the first official month beginning Nov 1st.

We didn't sign the lease but we did put a little money down to reserve it. If we back out now, we lose a little money but not enough to cry over. I wasn't going to leave myself hanging in the wind without another option ready and available.

Run away indeed. Her loving you there, has nothing to do with liking you as people; it means you pay well, and she doesn't want the headache of finding new people to rent, not knowing how they will pay, etc.

If she really 'cared' about you guys are people, she would have fixed electrical at the very least.

Run away, run away.

I LOL'd about the bra too. That's a state to state law, some states it's illegal unless both parties consent.(I watch a lot of judge shows).

Heather, you have to do what is best for YOU!! Decide with your mind, not your heart. She has shown to be a less than desirable landlord. If you have another place that is equally as nice and is closer to your babysitter... go for it!! It's YOUR decision, not hers. If you've followed all the rules, then it's her problem about not being able to rent it out, not yours.

Off to read Brown Bear for the upteenth time today.

Good evening, Violets..

Wow.. pretty quite in here today. Ethan was here all day and we did some yardwork, but not enough. I have to work at the flu shot clinic in the morning and then hope to get out and do some more since the Bobster will be here to help with Ethan.

We tried to get the $.01 phone for our daughter in law, but it only works when you create a new account or are entitled to an upgrade. We just put her on our family account so she couldn't get the deal. dang. But at least she'll save on minutes being on our plan with us.

It turned out to be a really beautiful Fall day today. Picture perfect weather, even though it started out with frost on the windshield. Hopefully the rain will hold off until I can get some more work done outside.

Grady was over for a little bit today and will be here for an hour tomorrow evening. He's starting to crawl now, but it won't be a problem here for awhile because we have all wood floors. He'll be slippin' and slidin'.

Off to read some more of my book and then watch CIS.

Everyone have a good night. sleep well.

Heather she sounds crazy! When I rented my landlords wife was crazy!! I was inside my house one day and heard her having a real fit about something outside. I went outside and she asked me how many more wires I was planning on putting into the house????? Now, if you know me, that is a laugh!! It was just electric and phone lines going in. Crazy, I am glad to be rid of her. I would run!! But, it is easier said than really done not know ing your whole situation.

Kat is it the flu? Feel better!!

I did four people today.

As far as being angry I can't be mad at Charlie over this. No one is really busy. I am self employed, so I just pay him my rent and that is all. I wonder if the things he does chases some of the clients away. Webster Groves is a pretty conservative town. As an example, when our church got our new minister a few years ago, a lot of people were 'shocked' that he had facial hair!! We presbyterians don't put up with a BEARD!!

Oh well I hope all is having a good one!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

So my question to you is . . . would it be worth considering negotiating a very favorable lease . . . or . . . should we just run away as quickly as we can??? Your thoughts???

Run run run away, and don't look back.....

A landlord can't charge you for painting a rental if you have lived there more then 2 years, unless it has outrageous damage. They also can't ask you to replace or repair anything in the place as renters, that's not your responsibility, its hers as the owner/landlord. Sorry she sounds wacko. I would run very very far away from her.....

just my 2 cents.... :smile:

NO not the flu, just a stomach virus---one that has made me miserable, and then the OM at work is making it worse. I actually went to work today, and it will not make me sad if she catches what I have... and I swear to you, if I hear that she is taking off sick, I will spring and go to the Dr for some unknown whatever, just to make life miserable for her! She has taken joy in being hateful lately, and making rude comments, to both the bookkeeper and I, we just kinda look at each other like WTH???!!!!

Anyway, we have family coming for the weekend. It is both Dads, and our youngest DD's birthdays on Sunday, so I HAVE to go shopping, and seriously do not want to.

Feeling better tonight, going to bed early, lots of rest, tried to drink as much as I could without overloading my stomach today-----so far so good!

Jane wish you were closer---I seriously need a cut!

See y'all tomorrow.

Good Friday Morn, Vi's~~

It's beautiful Fall weather here, too! Last night @ the soccer game we were in Winter coats, laughing that only a couple days earlier we were in summer clothing sweating like crazy in the Fla. heat!

I'd run, Heather. The mere fact that you felt like your only recourse was to stuff a tape recorder into your bra (classic!) to secretly tape her should be enough of a red flag that this isn't a relationship you should continue. Sprinkle the rest of her crazy on top, & it all = RUN! My .02.

I'm going for my annual boob smoosh this a.m... always something to look forward to. :smile:

Can it be a week ago at this instant I was on a plane to Florida?! Amazing how time flies SOOOO quickly when you're having fun... & DRAGS when you're working! Not fair!! Mickey or a mammogram -- which Friday do I wish I was having today? Hmmmmm...

Here are some more pics...

Have a great day, everyone!

post-214707-13813138772422_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813138772695_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813138772976_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813138773249_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813138773565_thumb.jpg

Edited by mdrai

Love the pics Michelle!!!

I am glad you are feeling better Kat! I hope it lasted til today, and then totally gone for the weekend!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend coming up!

I am running late!!!

Jane

Hey Girls~

Haydee, thanks for the coupon...didn't use it last night since it was a fundraiser, but saved it...I am sure I will do Denny's again soon :)

Kat, you gotta shake this for the weekend! Feel better soon sweetie!

Hate being sick on the weekend...would rather call in on a Tuesday, lay on the couch and watch I Love Lucy!

Michelle, GREAT PIX! Yeah, I would rather be w/ Mickey than getting a mammo too!

Jane, you got more clients for Friday and Sat? I would think the weekend would be busy vs. Tuesday!

Judy, what is on tap for you this weekend? You always are so busy...got any down time scheduled?

Laura, how is the knee? Problem is that you might not have issues now, but they could "develop" later...as a result of the fall. Get it checked and keep records! How is the man child? Kiss him on his neck for me!:smile:

Heather, I agree w/ the ladies...RUN! Plus, it sounds like the 3 bedroom apt. near your sitter's sounds better. Keep us in the loop!

Kicked ass at the gym this am...rocked out to RAPPER'S DELIGHT...LOL! Had a great workout, and I was initially going to reset the alarm. Susanne got up quickly, so I dragged my ass in...and am so glad I did! I loved it...and now feel great!

I took a valium last night because I was cramping everywhere. I was probably "hungover" a bit from the pill...but have worked it out of my system!

HAVE A GREAT DAY/WEEKEND! I'll give Mickey a shout out from the Violets! Looking forward to a fun day!!

xoxoxoxoxo

Drive by post ladies...

I'm swamped at work and if I get done with all my stuff I am allowed to go home at noon today so I'm just working like a busy bee to get everything done!

I'm getting up at 5am to do the 5k in the morning. Please pray for me that I make it through the whole thing and dont embarrass myself by having to quit before the finish line. I'm terrified!!

I'll get on tonight from home and catch up with everyone! toodle loo!