Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning, Violets..

I promised myself I would sleep in until 10, but that didn't work. I guess 8:30 is my limit. Still coughing and have a stuffy nose, but at least I can stay in my jammies for as long as I want today. Grady comes at 5 and then a rehearsal at 7. I already told them I wouldn't be able to sing much, but we have a ton of new music to pass out so I need to be there.

Hope everyone has a great day. Be good to yourselves.

Good morning!

((((judy))) I hope you get to feeling better today! Are you taking anything for your cough?? I know the Theraflu severe cough always works to calm my throat down. And since it's hot it always luls me to sleep...

Hey Janie! Sending positive vibes to Charlie today for you too... Seen any good plays/shows lately? We have one coming to town called "Gruesome Playground Injuries". It deals with the topic of why people hurt themselves to gain another's love. Should be interesting.

My hunny bunny was super sick last night when I came home. I couldn't control his fever with Tylenol alone. Almost called my mom to come over but figured that that it's about time that I dealt with stuff myself... I made him chicken caldo and gave him TheraFlu nighttime and that finally broke his fever. He was sweating profusely and felt alot better. He took a shower, I changed the sheets in the bed and he slept fitfully for the rest of the night. Me, not so much. I kept waking up to make sure he wasn't hot...

off to get my coffeeeeeeeeee

Oh Michelle - no, I don't get to ride in our "Bubbleator", LOL. The girl that drives it is the one kneeling down in the front with the blue shorts on. She's our promotions girl. It's actually a customized Hummer. When we bought it it was just plain white and then we hired a special effects company to add all this crazy stuff to it and screenprinting... We add bubble solution to a thing in the back and bubbles come out and creates a big bubble party. We also have huge speakers on the sides and they play that song "at the carwash"... People just love it and it always creates alot of buzz wherever we take it. It was a great investment...

:thumbup:

I just had a "lightbulb" moment!

For Haydee's wedding weekend, let's rent the BUBBLEATOR to chauffeur us around in bubbly, celebratory style!

:D

((Judy)) Lounge around all snuggled up on the couch w/the tv on a talk show, your laptop, warm coco, and the doggies... perhaps a day of that will help!

:thumbup:

I just had a "lightbulb" moment!

For Haydee's wedding weekend, let's rent the BUBBLEATOR to chauffeur us around in bubbly, celebratory style!

:D

That would be AWESOME!! he he he...

Natural Born Killers... I told Russ I DLed it, he said 'its a good movie' and I said 'after I DLed it, I saw someone said it's like terentino movies--and you know I HATE his movies' and russ goes 'oh no, it's not like his movies at all' LIAR.. LIAR LIAR... So the first 5 minutes I go "uh this is EXACTLY terentino'ish'.. and he is holding back a grin and he goes 'yeah it's his movie'. Sigh. Was a LONG 2 hours. I HATE his style of movies, in fact NBK would be an ok movie if it wasn't in his style, all the random weird crap.. makes me feel like I need to be on acid to enjoy it or something. So no, didn't like it..

Everyone I know either loves or hates Tarantino films . . . I guess I know which side of the fence you are on, lol. :thumbup:

LOL, I didn't know it was a Tarantino flick - although I am not in the least surprised because that is what it seemed like to me. I don't even think I knew or cared who he was until a few years later. I like the style but I have weird tastes in films sometimes.

To be honest, the majority of the films I watch now are foreign or independent films. I have never been a main stream kind of person . . . but I can see that a lot of the films that everyone listed as favorites are loved by me as well. I think the cream usually rises to the top regardless of who is watching :0)

I felt like I couldn't walk another step! I have so many blisters because I wore the wrong socks. I'll try to post pics when I get them...

I am sorry, Haydee, but I am not sure those pics will be anywhere as endearing as Grady’s pics, lol.

Barely ten till four here. Juan stopped by here a little while ago and told me to come outside so I could "feel" him. He wasn't feeling good all day. I touched his face and he is burning up. I told him to go straight home and to get into bed... I'm gonna go home, cook him some chicken Soup and baby him. He started feeling bad last night but I chalked it up to tireness. Now I don't know...

I don't know why, but I love to baby my hubby when he is feeling under the weather as well. He enjoys it so much and always returns the favor when I need it.

Judy and Laura, I sure hope you are both feeling better soon. I have to say the most recent pictures of Grady and Carson are absolutely, incredibly adorable.

Janie, I am sending positive thoughts your way concerning the work issue. I hope things work out for the best . . . and although scary, sometimes change is a good thing. I know I have been through many changes in my life and although I am scared to death to transition to something new, I always end up happier and more fulfilled in the end. If you’ve been in the same shop for 20+ years it might be time to see something new. I hope that no matter what happens, you are happier and more fulfilled either in the old shop or doing something new.

Michelle & Pamela, I am still jealous that you went to Disney without me :0)

:thumbup:For Haydee's wedding weekend, let's rent the BUBBLEATOR to chauffeur us around in bubbly, celebratory style!:D

Now you’re talking!!!

I like indepent films, I watch a lot more lately since I can download them from Amazon unbox, and they're cheaper than mainstream movies. But, I do hate with a passion Terintino movies. I can't explain it, but they really bother me. Like I said, makes me feel like I am suppose to be on drugs. I don't get comic interludes and like the I Love Lucy show to explain her getting raped by her dad?

But, again, if it was done in a normal movie fashion I think I would have liked the story..and I do like Juliet Lewis (whole reason I DLed it to begin with!).

I overdosed on Vitamin C Saturday & Sunday, and since mom had Carson I slept well Saturday night. By Monday I felt a lot better, today it feels like I'm just having bad allergies again--and my left ear aches. Left ear has been hurting since Saturday. I think I'm on my way to well though.

I called the gas station to talk about settling without lawyers, the owner (mohajeshishieimsdlfkj) put me on hold while he spoke in some other language for 5m to someone.. then he comes back and goes 'get a lawyer'. So I signed the contract for the law firm and mailed it in yesterday.

Carson waking up!

Seriously, Laura... I hope all that works out for you AND that you're back to feeling 100% soon!

Good for you Laura!!

Michelle great idea!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy feel better!!!!!

Haydee, love the bubbleator? I went back to the picture and still can't believe it is a hummer!!

Forgot to say Good Morning!!!!!

Heather you are right, maybe that is what I need a change!! But, I HATE change!! But I know that it can be a very very good thing!!!!!??!!!

Hi Pamela!!!!!!!!!!

I called the gas station to talk about settling without lawyers, the owner (mohajeshishieimsdlfkj) put me on hold while he spoke in some other language for 5m to someone..

LOL . . . that just brought back a memory.

Just a little background, my husband is Turkish and is an accountant by trade. We met in Germany where I used to travel to our satellite offices for business. We met in '05, got engaged in '06, married in '07, had a baby in '09.

I remember when he first told me about his first cousin who has lived in NJ for the last 8 or so years. I asked what he did for a living . . . he said he owned a gas station . . . ROFL . . . I just couldn't stop laughing. :D:lol::cursing:

It just struck a funny bone with me, but my DH could not understand what in the world was so funny (after all, what is wrong with owning your own business???). I had to explain the whole Middle-Eastern/gas station connection. I just couldn't believe he wasn't aware of this connection. :thumbup:

"mohajeshishieimsdlfkj"

Hey -- that's my stripper name! What're the odds? :thumbup:

haha..that was funny!

Good for you Laura!!

Michelle great idea!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy feel better!!!!!

Haydee, love the bubbleator? I went back to the picture and still can't believe it is a hummer!!

Forgot to say Good Morning!!!!!

Heather you are right, maybe that is what I need a change!! But, I HATE change!! But I know that it can be a very very good thing!!!!!??!!!

Hi Pamela!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Janie, Change is good every now and then...clean, fresh and healthy. I hope Charlie can make it, but if not, change just might be what you need!

busy...post more later, but thanks for the giggles...ya'll are funny people

And I'll live vicariously through you Jane.. go do something else if it makes you happy!!!!!