Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning. I just checked my lottery ticket from last week and I didn't win. Imagine a whole dollar investment didn't return!!!!

If I would have won I would have done the violet tour! I would have started with Judy!!! I would wear my wwjd Bracelet, and follow Judys rules. Then I would go see Pamela and Haydee for motivation!!! Then I would go see Laura and Carson, and I would give Laura a break for a few days, and watch Carson for you. Then I would head over to Washington to see Michelle, and hopefully you could be my tour guide through the Smithsonian!!

I would get more friendship and love from the violet trip that by the time I got home I would be skinny!!!!!!!

Oh well back to reality, got to go to work!!!! Pamela you are right Charlie will be doubly mad!!!!!! But, Sue promised me she would tell him today, I hope she does!

Oh how I wish it was me getting married in November. All this planning is fun but I'm ready and I want it to just be here. 11 months is way enough time to plan it out. I already have almost everything. Cake and invitations next week and then dress at the beginning of November and then that's it. I'm not doing anything else until March...

Jane - boo! I'm sorry you got up there again. That's my biggest fear too Janey. That's why I have to be conscious of each bite that goes in my mouth. I know this isn't why we got banded but unfortunately for some of us it will always be a struggle. It's helping me to write my stuff down. Every bite. So come dinner time I look back at the kind of day I've been having and decide on what I can eat... I know, it takes so much willpower to do this but WE CAN DO IT! I know we can. Let's help each other? ok? Baby steps...

Judy - hope your lunch goes good today. No church talk. Bring up something controversial right at the get go so that everyone is busy discussing that, LOL.

Jenn! Great to see you... how you been? How are your kids? Anything new on the job front?

Pammy - double workouts would kill me dead... Thank goodness for a free weekend!

Michelle - Good luck at your appt today! Is it one where they make you run and they hook you up to stuff?? Do good!

Laura - awww poor baby Carson. Actually poor mama. No rest for you if he's not napping. Hopefully your days get back into rhythim soon. We're always thinking about ya'll!

I'm so glad it's Friday!!! Yay yay yay. I have tons of work to do but trying to keep a positive attitute. I've been under so much stress latelely with work and with all the weddings at the house that it's making me crazy. My hair is falling out like crazy and it's making my period late. I need to calm down and just breathe....

Good morning. I just checked my lottery ticket from last week and I didn't win. Imagine a whole dollar investment didn't return!!!!

If I would have won I would have done the violet tour! I would have started with Judy!!! I would wear my wwjd Bracelet, and follow Judys rules. Then I would go see Pamela and Haydee for motivation!!! Then I would go see Laura and Carson, and I would give Laura a break for a few days, and watch Carson for you. Then I would head over to Washington to see Michelle, and hopefully you could be my tour guide through the Smithsonian!!

I would get more friendship and love from the violet trip that by the time I got home I would be skinny!!!!!!!....

You know what, this is just awesome... You would definetly feel the love. You can come visit me anytime Jane. I am so serious. Anytime you want to come. We have a spare room and I could take time off from work and I can show you my beautiful little town and we can just both take a break from all this stress in our lives!

I would get more friendship and love from the violet trip that by the time I got home I would be skinny!!!!!!!

Oh well back to reality, got to go to work!!!! Pamela you are right Charlie will be doubly mad!!!!!! But, Sue promised me she would tell him today, I hope she does!

I love this idea. One better would be to pick up a V at each stop! I love you Jane and sending you some mojo from here. xoox

Good morning, Violets..

It's a lazy, Fall day here today. I didn't get up until 9. No work for Joe today so no Ethan. Gramma needed a break anyway. I love the boy, but 5 days straight is a bit much.

I'm getting dressed and "made up" for the luncheon. Should be interesting. I'm sitting with my friend who had the lap band surgery. We're splitting a meal. She's lost over 80# in one year. I'm soooooooooo jealous. But when we go out to eat, I am amazed because she eats more than me and she drinks with her meal. Doesn't make sense to me that I follow the rules and am stuck where I am for almost a year and she keeps losing. AND she doesn't exercise much. AND she's older than me!!!

Kris got me a couple of Lia Sophia things at the last party she attended. I have a really pretty Bracelet and necklace now. What a nice daughter she is.

Did I tell you that the Zumba class has been cancelled???? Kris and I were so disappointed. I even wrote a message to the place on Facebook telling them I was so looking forward to it. Just to be able to do something fun with Kris would have been worth it. There are no other classes that work in her schedule or mine. This one was to be on Saturdays.

Off to finish getting ready. Everyone have a great Friday.

ha ha ha... Happy Friday Heather!

Judy - that sucks about the Zumba class! You would have loved it.

WOW, that is awesome that your friend has lost so much! I have a friend that lost so much too and I'm amazed because she also eats so much more than me and drinks with her meals. She doesn't excersise either. I think her difference is that she does not snack between meals. 3 meals and that's it for her. Very very nice...

I guess I should mention my husband and teenage son. They both have always eaten twice as much as me (and we are talking before banding) and can down the dessert with no problem whatsoever . . . yet are both trim and athletic.

I have to eat like a bird and be banded as well to even come close to a normal size.

What is up with that????????

Good afternoon, Violets.

Just got an email from Haydee saying she couldn't get into the site. I don't seem to have any problems with it.

The luncheon was nice. We didn't talk about church, BUT I had to sit next to the pastor's whimpy wife. We are soooooooooooo totally different. I talk about Project Runway, Rock of Love, I Love New York and she says in her little teeny voice... "we don't have a tv.".. WHAT????

I wear jewelry, make up and fix my hair nice. She wears bead necklaces she makes, no make up and her hair is ... well..... a mess. Do I sound bitter?? It was interesting to watch the ladies sitting across from me roll their eyes when she said she didn't have a tv.

Anyway.. when I got home the Bobster and I went out to the backyard and transplanted a lot of things and I cleaned out more of the flower beds. Just have the side yard to do yet. Hopefully I'll get it all done before the snow falls.

The Bobster and I are going out for Chinese cuisine tonight.

Hope everyone has a good evening. I'd say TGIF, but every day is a TGIF for this old retired lady.

No tv? I think I have heard of that.... I could never go without tv.

Well Charlie finally knows. One of his customers heard Sue whispering that she was leaving and said something. You know it is weird though, because Sue and Charlie still didn't talk about it!! It is sooo oddddd!!!

One more day and then I will be off!!

I am wanting some cheese garlic bread. I am not a person that usually craves things, but I really want some! I am 110% sure that I am not with child too!!

Good evening, Violets..

Back from eating Chinese. We had the buffet. When will we ever learn?? I had to head to the bathroom 4 times to pb. The last time I told Bob I felt foolish walking past the same people 4 times. He said "they just think you're going back for more food". :thumbup::tt2:

Anyway, we came home and I had some pudding. That's it for the night as far as food. Bob played 18 holes of golf today so he got his exercise in. He walked the first 9 and took a cart for the last 9. After that he hauled some pretty big plants for me to transplant.

Tomorrow is our support group meeting, then he's golfing and I'm relaxing and doing some more yardwork.

Everyone have a great weekend!! Will check in when I can.

I had trouble getting logged in earlier today too.....

Well, I got approved by the county to be a foster parent, now have to wait 6 to 8 weeks on state approval. If they are so desparate they need to streamline this process -- geez!

My neighbors across the street don't have a tv either. They say it's a bad influence on children. But when the kids go to other kid's homes the first thing they want to do is watch tv -- makes me chuckle!!

Ok, off to watch Criminal Minds re-runs on A&E. I love that show!!

"BUT I had to sit next to the pastor's whimpy wife. We are soooooooooooo totally different. I talk about Project Runway, Rock of Love, I Love New York and she says in her little teeny voice... "we don't have a tv.".. WHAT????"

This image cracked me up! You rock, Judy!

"I am 110% sure that I am not with child too!! "

That's what Mary said, Janie!... 9 months later it was Christmas! :tt2:

Heather... your guys sound like mine! Athletic & can eat whatever they want. When dh decides to drop 10 lbs, it takes him about 1.5 days... grrr.

Haydee... hope you're feeling better!

"We have dinner plans w/ Jenny tonight...then a free weekend."

A free weekend -- nirvana!! Wish I could jet out & enjoy it with you. Soon.

Laura... you're quiet! Hope all is ok. Thinking of you...

It's a relatively quiet/regular weekend... I've got a lot of work to do, kids have a few activities, nothing too crazy. Next week, however, is another story! It's teacher conference week & the kids go to school all day on M, 4 hrs late on T & W, get out 3.5 hrs early on Th, & then have F off -- my least fav week of the year! + a bazillion extra activities and events and games and horse shows, etc... ack! So I'll make sure to enjoy today & tomorrow, & use them to prepare, so we can hit the ground running on Monday!

Oh... and exciting big news (lol)... DH and I may finally, actually, after 20 years total and at least the last 5 years of saying "we really need to do this" -- go buy a new matress & boxspring! I know, our lives are so swanky, right? :thumbup: sleep number, here I come!

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!