Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good evening, Violets.

I wrote a long post this afternoon and it went poof, so I gave up and closed up the puter.

I left here at 2:30 for a 3:00 church meeting. The staff all met with the "babysitter" for the pastor. We told him exactly how we all felt and we all talked for an hour and 20 minutes. If he doesn't know how we feel and what we are up against by now, he'll never know it.

They have agreed to a 6 month program where the "babysitter" will mentor the pastor and try and get things to turn around. I think it is just ridiculous, a lost cause and I'll be glad to be done in June.

It is very yucky weather outside right now. 37 degrees and raining. I bet it will be snow by tomorrow morning. The Bobster leaves to go out of town for the day. I'm meeting with the Presbyterian pastor's wife an hour before our PMS luncheon. She wants to know how I'm doing with all the turmoil. I don't know how much I'll tell her, but at least she'll know I'm not happy.

I had a great eating day today in spite of everything else. I had a small cup of mandarin oranges for Breakfast, lobster bisque for lunch and canadian cheese Soup for supper. Nothing in between. The only thing I didn't get in was some exercise. I hope to get some walking in tomorrow after my meetings.

Laura, so glad to hear you're going to get the revision done. And I had to chuckle at your description of your grandpa. Carson's pics are just adorable. I can't believe he didn't win the calendar contest. And I'm not going to say a word about your twiddle dee dee.... :o

Off to read my new book on the Kindle.. The Help. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well!

Good Morn, Vi's~~

It's the first teacher-conference day today, so school starts 4 hours late... so we're all taking it slowly & padding around in our bathrobes & slippers... feels funny to do that on a Tuesday!

Make it a good day!

Good morning. Violets.

I slept pretty good last night, in spite of everything going on. The Bobster left at 6 this morning for his meeting. Just talked to him on the phone and he's about an hour from his destination. He'll have the meeting, lunch and then be on his way home again. He should be home about 6 and I'll be on my way to rehearsal at 7.

PamELa.. what a coincidence that we are reading the same book!!! I'm enjoying it so far.

Michelle.. enjoy your relaxing morning. Congrats to your DS for the great GPA!!

Off to get some breakfast, make my final payment on the cruise and get dressed for my meeting and luncheon. Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves.

Ohhh.. no snow outside when I woke up, but temp is 35 and the leaves are really coming down now. I miss my pool!!!!

I read The Help at the end of the summer... didn't Laura read it, too? It's good! I kept being surprised & having to remind myself that it's set in the 1960s, in my lifetime... I felt like those folks were living in the '20s, that that couldn't have been that way since I've been alive... but I guess that was the South, so...

Yay, last payment on your cruise! How exciting!

Ok, back to work now... bbl...

Hey Girls~

Susanne is home sick again. I came home yesterday before my city meeting, and all she had eaten was chips! I made her Campbells Chic Noodle (old fashioned, red and white) and some hot tea and guess what...SHE FELT BETTER! I like to baby her. I gave her some nighttime Alka Seltzer last night and that was all she wrote!

Busy here. I am enjoying the book, The Help, although I've read 10 pages. Didnt touch it yesterday at all. I am hoping to get some reading in tonight. I remember Laura reading it, but didn't remember Michelle reading it too!

OK...off to teach the children well!

Good morning!

Laura - Carson is too cute! OH I JUST WANT TO EAT HIS CHEEKS! too too cute! Oh and I meant to comment on your granny yesterday and their weid schedule requirements. I've never understood people like that. The funny thing is that they don't see anything wrong with it.

I'm gonna request The Help and Precious from my library this week and hopefully I can get them soon. They both sound really good.

Judy - hopefully now that someone is holding his hand and wiping his butt your guy will realize that's he's been sucking all along. but i dont think so...

Today I have an appointment to go see invitations! I'm so excited. I don't have a clue what I want other than I want it to be a pocket invitation. Hopefully she has some good ideas for me.

Then tomorrow and Thursday I have cake tastings going on.

What flavor combos are good? I know I definetly want red velvet with cream cheese. Maybe Lemon with Rasberry?? What else?

Laura... the pix link didn't work for me earlier, but after Haydee just posted I tried it again and it worked and may I just say that Carson is ADORABLE!! What a little buster he is!! So cute!

Haydee, what's a pocket invitation? Mmmm cake testing! Mocha w/cinnamon cream cheese icing! mmmmm.

I love the pix too. Forgot to say anything but looked twice, after you said your fav was him looking over his shoulders. He has the cutest face!

Haydee, the Precious book now is called Push. Precious is the movie adaptation version is out Oct. 24th. I already preordered it from Amazon, in case it is different than Push (Push was written in 1996). There are some parts that made me sick to my stomach...and yes, I cried too!

I LOVE red velvet cake. What are you colors again? CAN'T WAIT TO SEE!!

Did anyone check locations yet? I am putting it out there...I am just a smidge too busy to be responsible for the task!

Raise your hand if you can tell that I'm going loco editing 40 pages of nothing but legal footnotes! (ugh, I don't have time to go find that smilie... imagine it's here!)

Yes, I read The Help this summer. It's the best book I've read in a long time. I felt like I was there, I loved it. I am going to look into other books that author wrote and see if they look good too.

Red velvet cake is so yum..

Our cake, and my fav.. was almond pound cake with caramel butter cream fill and white chocolate buttercream icing. Butter cream icing is also wonderful with raspberry fill (with almost any white cake).

Good morning!!

Love red velvet, it is my favorite cake!!!

Judy I can't believe it is so cold there!!!!!

Well better get ready!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Back from my meeting and luncheon. Had a good time and got to talk with another pastor's wife before the group got there. She knows what is going on and was offering support. I asked if the pastor's wife knew how serious this was and she said yes,she had mentioned that if things didn't get better they would have to look elsewhere. I'm keeping that thought in my prayers for the good of the church.

I'm home now, obviously, and trying to decide what to do next. I need to get some things done in the backyard and I need to do some cleaning in the house. Decisions, decisions.

Haydee... I love any kind of cake.. another obvious statement!! I'll eat whatever you have there..just make sure it's purple. :thumbup::w00t:

Laura... how's the twiddling going???:biggrin:

I just ordered another book on the Kindle.. Narrow Dog to Indian River. It was recommended to me by a British friend I met on our very first cruise. His son rowed across the ocean and set some kind of record so he's into boat stories. This one is supposed to be good. I'll get into it after The Help.

Off to go read a bit and then decide my fate for the afternoon. Later, ladies!

Phew! Finished 2 chapters.

Now I'm off to take a shower (yes, I'm still in my jammies... gotta love working from home!), get dressed, pick up DD from school & take her to riding, then go to DS's last home soccer game... brrr, it's going to be cold!... hope it's as exciting as the last two have been! Then home, bake a pumpkin crunch cake for a friend and one for the teachers' dinner tomorrow night, then bed! Another full day!