Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Judy my favorite is when Grady is looking through that circular opening in the block thingy!!!!

TOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning, Violets..

Can't sleep...I keep coughing, but it's not productive so all it does is make my throat more irritated. I'm sitting here with a mug of hot chocolate hoping that will soothe it a bit.

Thanks for the compliments on Grady. I think he's pretty darn cute myself. And he's so much more fun to be around when he's not crying all the time like he did before Mommy decided a routine was in order. Course getting 4 teeth in, didn't help either.

Off to finish the cocoa and hoping to get some more sleep before getting up early to wait for Ethan to arrive.

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

Judy, I hope you got some more sleep last night! Take care.

Regular Monday on tap here... work, laundry, housework, errands... x infinity!

Make it a good one!

Judy, hope you feel better!! Take it easy and don't do anything strenous!!!!

Good morning off to get my flu shot!!

UUUGGGHHH! I am tired and did not work out!

Laura feel better!

Jane enjoy the flu shot! LOL

Michelle don't work too hard!

Judy, hope you got some rest.

Haydee, waiting to hear about the 5k.

bbl

Good morning chicas!

How was everyones weekend??? Mine was pretty good. Friday I was able to get off early and then I had to take my poor puppy that we rescued to the vet. She's got mange and it's just eating her up. We've had her for about 5 weeks now and she's getting worse. So I had to take her back in for another round of antibiotics and another dip. She is such a sad sight to behold and she makes me want to cry just by looking at her. All I can do is try to make her comfortable and just rub her belly and tell her she's a good girl. Her belly is the only part of her that isn't scabby. Ugh, I just want to cry. Oh and then to top it all off I've had to resort to waiting till nightfall to take her for her walk because of all the stares I get from my neighbors. She's a pit and she's all scabbed over and bloody and they just look at me like I'm a monster. I just don't want to deal with that anymore. So now the poor girl has to wait to get her walk that she enjoys so much...

Now, about the 5k. I did awesome if I say so myself... I got there at 6am and it started around 8:30ish. It was a hike just to get the the starting line. There were 30,000 people there! So anyways, I started out jogging and stopped a little bit after the 1 mile marker. I walked/jogged for mile 2. Then towards the end there was this uphill part and from then on I just walked. I was so happy when I went through the finish line. The clock said 1 hr 13 min but I know it definetly took me at least 15 min to get to the START line because of the crowd. So maybe about an hour?? Not bad! I think the worse part of it was after you cross the finish line you then stand around and visit and munch on your yogurt and fruit and your feet have a chance to cool off. Then you have to treck another mile to get to where you parked the car. That was horrific. I felt like I couldn't walk another step! I have so many blisters because I wore the wrong socks. I'll try to post pics when I get them...

Umm, what else?? Oh Saturday night was Juan's grandma's birthday party. We had it outdoors at Juan's mom's property under the beautiful oak trees. But unfortunately it didn't stop raining the whole time! So that pretty much sucked. We are all hunched over in our umbrellas trying to stay semi dry while we are eating our food. She had hired this singer to come and sing and so put her in the gazebo and of course not that many people fit in there so the whole time we are just getting soaked. SUCKED so bad that her birthday was ruined... We didn't even get to take pictures or dance or anything. And there were sooo much family in from out of town. Family from California, Mexico City, and from Guanajuato. I stayed until midnight and by then I looked like a wet dog. Sopping hair, my dress was soaked, I was covered in my to my knees. Juan stayed until close to 2am until the last of his family went home. He really enjoys spending time with them and he didn't let the rain dampen his mood. Love him for that...

Sunday was more family time. Church in the morning, then brunch with then then off to another relatives house for late afternoon lunch/dinner...

I am exhausted today... I am ready to go home and crash, LOL...

Laura - I hope you get to feeling better! I can't imagine being sick and still having to take care of the baby. You need purple power today!

Judy - that sucks that you got the sniffles from Bob!! Grady looks too too cute!! And he's getting so big!! Kris looks great!

Jane - I was cracking up remembering those lines from those movies. You have a great memory!

Michelle! I finally checked my mail on Friday and I got my postcard! It's beautiful! We can't wait to go back but it won't be for our honeymoon. Walking all day and waiting in long lines is not my idea of honeymoon, LOL. I want lounging, drinks, beach and close enough to our room to take plenty of "naps", he he he...

Pamela - Glad you had a great time!! You are so close to everything! Juan's family just came from Tracy, CA and they said that the weather was still hot there. They were dying in our hot humid wet weather that we had this weekend. They were miserable :/

okay, this post has seriously turned into a novel. Sorry 'bout that! Off to get some coffee and to get back to work...

I am back!!

A lot is going on at work right now. I hope no one does anything stupid or rash!! I am afraid the two other girls we have might leave, and then that would be just Charlie and I like it used to be, but the problem is he is use to the rent he gets from the other two. That would be a HUGE difference for him. Just hope everyone that things work out well. I am just worried about my job security. If they leave, I don't think Charlie can afford to keep the shop open..... Not a good time for me to switch shops!!

Oh well enough complaining. I had linguine with asparagus for lunch. YUM YUM!!

Oh and when I came home today there was a bunch of flowers at my door!! I was pretty sure they came from my parents, but that was still sweet!!!!!!! They are altromerias (I am sure I spelled it wrong, but they are peruvian lilies but nobody here uses that name)

Anyways it is nice when you get a surprise like that!!

Okay off to do some cleaning, I am tackling my kitchen, not bad, just cleaning out my refrigerator and pantry.

Boy for not having much to say I sure wrote a lot!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

The lamp just came on so I know the day is almost over. We've had Ethan since 8 this morning. We will take him back to his older brother at 5 and Grady isn't coming over tonight cause Kris is sick. I am so ready for some rest. I tried to take a nap this afternoon, but the Bobster was out golfing and Ethan wasn't into resting. I got my hospital shift done and did some flower bed cleaning in the back yard. I'm still coughing, but feel a little better than I did at 1 a.m.

Jane.. (((hugs))).. hope everything works out at the shop. That was so sweet of your parents to leave you flowers. It's always nice to know you're thought of and loved.

I'm making turkey tetrazzini in the pressure cooker tonight. The Bobster is out getting me the ingredients right now. Then he'll take Ethan home and I'll get dinner ready.

Tomorrow I can sleep in cause Ethan doesn't come until noon. We have Grady tomorrow, but at least Bob will be here to help.

Off to get Ethan dressed to go home.

BBL........

Jane - awww, that was so sweet of your parents to do that for you. Brightened your day! They love you so much... That sucks about the stuff going on at the shop. What does Charlie say about the girls leaving? Are you going to wait until something happens in order to take a decision about what your next step will be??

Barely ten till four here. Juan stopped by here a little while ago and told me to come outside so I could "feel" him. He wasn't feeling good all day. I touched his face and he is burning up. I told him to go straight home and to get into bed... I'm gonna go home, cook him some chicken Soup and baby him. He started feeling bad last night but I chalked it up to tireness. Now I don't know...

If you can believe that out of the hundreds of pictures taken by our promotion team at the race I was in exactly ONE. Sucks...

post-216278-13813138776655_thumb.jpg

Haydee, that is a neat picture though!!

As far as what Charlie says, he won't deal with the situation. I don't know why, Charlie talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk if you know what I mean. He says one thing but really he didn't do it. He lies alot. I have worked at the shop for 23+ years. I don't want to leave. It is the only shop I have ever worked. When you switch shops not everyone follows you. You will lose some in the move. You eventually gain new clients, but I can't wait. I need all that I am making plus some. I wish I wasn't so heavy too, that keeps me from probably doing what I should be doing (whatever that is), I am just hoping that this whole thing doesn't get that far.

((((jane)))) I wish I could somehow help. You are awesome and don't deserve all this crap... OH hey. Maybe for extra money you could go to the retirement homes on Monday and cut peoples hair? I'm sure you could work out a deal with the finance director??

Just throwing ideas out there! See if something sticks!

I hope not hearing from Laura and Judy does not mean they are sicker!!!!!!!

I also hope Juan doesn't get bad!!

Have a good night!!

Here is to positive vibes for Charlie to take care of problem!!!

Good morning, Violets..

It's 1 a.m. and I'm coughing and can't get to sleep. I went to bed at 8:30, watched tv, then read, then tried to go to sleep, but obviously it's not working. It's a dry, hacking cough so of course the back of my head is hurting from all the pressure.

Hope Laura is feeling better. Ethan doesn't come until noon today, so I can sleep in later, if I ever get to bed.

Janie.. purple power to you in dealing with Charlie and your job.

I just balanced the check books so off to try and sleep.

Good Tues Morn, Vi's~~

((Friends))

Hope you all feel better, smooth over work tensions, get naps, and have good days today!

Haydee... I'm so inspired by you! Way to go on the walk! Love the pic -- do you get to drive around in that bubble van? Too cute!

Regular day on tap here... then soccer tonight! -- DS got the start in goal, which is always good for him but it makes me a nervous wreck the whole game!

Have a terrific Tuesday!