Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I think number 2 and 3 are my favorite right now but I like all the little crystals on number 1.

Oh and here are the pics from the pool...

post-216278-13813138757545_thumb.jpg

post-216278-13813138757836_thumb.jpg

I think number 2 and 3 are my favorite right now but I like all the little crystals on number 1.

Oh and here are the pics from the pool...

My vote is for #2 and that's not a pool..that's an AMUSEMENT PARK!! WOW!!!

Judy - glad to hear the bobster's back. WOW, I can't believe the deal you got with your phone. Did you have to sign a contract with ATT? Where they your current provider?

Yep... we were already with AT&T and my contract was up so it was a great deal. My phone comes tomorrow. They had trouble with the debit card. Because it's only a penny, it wouldn't go through. They said they had a lot of trouble with credit cards because of that amount. So they finally charged us $1.01 and will refund us the dollar.

Haydee, I like #2

wow, that pool makes mine look like a plastic kiddie pool LOL

it was homecoming weekend so was crazy all weekend, and sick today so staying in bed most of the day

hope you all have a good day

All 3 of them are beautiful Haydee! I like #1 the best. Where was that pool? GORGEOUS. It's actually kind of cold today. We had flooding rains for 2 weeks--all while 80+ degrees.. and today it's bright and sunny and low 70's.

My knee is turning black on the edges.. I'll get another pic today..did you see the original one on FB?

LUCKILY it isn't hurting any worse. I have been icing it and keeping it elevated.

I now have so many numb spots on my body, it's really annoying. 2 months ago I stepped on the laptop cord on the edge of my big toe and cut a nerve somehow..so now I don't feel my big toe. Where they cut nerves during c-section, a whole area of my belly is numb.. and now this fall, the swelling is the diameter of a softball, half of it is tender and throbbing, the other half is completely numb.

Judy, refund a dollar for the penny phone, lol. I am going to have to take a look at Amazon.

Laura, I hope your knee is better. It reminds me of being at taco bell when my son started seriously choking on a taco shell when he was about 18 months old. Everyone just looked at me . . . not a soul tried to help. I had to do the baby heimlich on my own and he puked it up all over the floor. It seems like more people are born with the ignore gene as opposed to the help gene.

Haydee, love the shoes and I also like dress #2.

Speaking of all the fimming going on, this is the first summer in my life that I was not in a pool, lake, sea or anything else. It has been a crazy summer.

Hello to everyone else!!!

I am having a funky problem with my landlord. I own a house which I rent out. It is in the country but I rent a different house in the city to be close to work. I need to sell the old house but the timing has been bad with this economy that I thought we'd rent termporarily and sell later. My company has gone through layoffs paring down our company from 150+ employees to less than 50 so I didn't want to have 2 mortgages at the same time.

Anyways, she has gone crazy and we decided to move unexpectedly. We are leaving within the terms of the lease so no problem there and the house has been well cared for while in our care. The day before I landed in the hospital with my slipped band, she came to the house to complete a new lease because the old one expired and we were now month-to-month tenants. She raised the rent considerably, she said we were required to stain and seal an external shed which had the front replaced due to rotting wood which failed the city inspection, she wanted us to install a new sink because the 30+ years old sink had a couple of stain marks inside due to the old enamel wearing away. She also mentioned that she would like us to replace the kitchen cabinetry because the paint was beginning to chip slightly (original paint that is 30+ years old). On top of all this, she wanted cash upfront to have professional landscapers to come out several times a year to cleanup leaves (we didn't even have any leaves down at that point in time and we always clean them ourselves. She left a $500 estimate from the landscaper to prune trees, bushes, use chemicals to weedblock and remulch everything with no mention of leaves). We are only responsible for lawn care and weed and pest control per our lease.

She also said she was unhappy with the way I kept house because she found dust on the ceiling fan in the kitchen, there was a fingerprint on the white upstairs banister and dust behind the refrigerator (In all truthfullness, it has been at least a year since I looked behind the refrigerator so phooey on me). She even opened the oven to run her finger on the back bottom to see if I was cleaning sufficiently . . . no complaints so it must have been clean enough. My house is cleaner than most, WTF . . . I think it is rude and pretentious for someone to come in with the white glove to critique my cleaning abilities although I was delinquent on dust control behind the refrigerator, so sue me.

I sent a certified/return receipt letter to her terminating our lease as of 10/31. She came back a week later never mentioning the letter that she did sign for and said we were the best tenants she ever had, the house looks wonderful, she is so happy with us she wanted to give me a hug (twice) and that she would like to renegotiate the lease.

I told her to go ahead and resubmit the lease, we would consider it. She created a new one, and in all truthfullness, she did remove all of the offending items. However, I am still extremely p*ssed with her.

I sent her another followup letter stating that we were still terminating the lease, I want the security deposit back in full and also mentioned that we were leaving due to safety concerns since the house has failed inspection for the past three years for "electrical concerns."

With the economy so bad this past year or two, there are many houses for rent in the area wanting 300-500 less per month than what she was getting (I was paying market rent from a time when the economy and housing prices where at a high 3 years ago for a large upscale house in an upscale neighborhood on a quiet cul-du-sac). These houses actually have up-to-date appliances, flooring, lack of 30 year old wallpaper, etc. I really think it is impossible for her to find someone else at this time of year for the price she wants without completely updating the house . . . and I don't feel bad for her at all.

I can't remember ever being so upset with someone in my life that I had just a casual business relationship with.

Edited by HeatherO

OMG heather, this lady is bonkers. New cabinetry?? what the heck is she smoking?? And where does she get off coming to your home to see how clean it currently is? As long as you leave it sufficiently clean when you move out it shouldn't be a problem. We have several houses that we rent out and we've had some henious renters in the past but never have we nitpicked like this lady is doing. As long as you keep the "foundation" of the house in good condition and the lawn is watered and trimmed then you're good.

Ahh Laura, I have a numb spot on my toe from tripping over something too. Yes, I saw the original bruise pic on FB. Do you have trouble walking now? And also, Way to go Russell on picking you up like a knight in shining armor! That's awesomeness... The pool is my parent's new pool! They started it at the beginning of the summer and the contractor barely finished it on Wednesday. We were in it as soon as it had like two feet of Water in, ha ha ha. Such children... we were excited...

Jenn - hope you start to feel better soon! It was homecoming for our schools this weekend too. Saturday afternoon we were out enjoying Market Street and all of a sudden we see tons of kids all dressed up, arriving in limos. They all scattered taking pictures in front of the fountains. Homecoming is so fancy now. It wasn't like that when I was in High School...

Judy -- again, thanks for the Amazon info!! My .01 phone arrives Wednesday. My debit card went through without a problem.

Heather -- what a pain?!?! I've have never heard of such demands from a landlord for a renter -- she is crazy!!

Haydee -- all three dresses are beautiful!! I would not be comfortable in the third one, but that's 'cause of my chest -- I'd be afraid that the top would not stay up. That pool is AMAZING!!

Well, I got a part time job at Curves today. I went to work out this morning and the owner was talking on the phone to the lady that was working. When she hung up the phone, the lady asked me if I knew anyone looking for a part time job. Uh, yeah, unemployed me!! So now I will work Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and every other Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. It will add about $300 a month to my budget.

Laura -- Hope your knee starts feeling better soon!! I cannot believe people walked over you -- how rude!!

Suzy, that is awesome news about the job. Isn't it funny how jobs just land on your lap sometimes???

I have not been on the market for a job since I first graduated from college 12 years ago because every change in roles or company changes was basically offered to me through colleagues I had worked with previously.

Haydee, your sister's profile must be private, so we can't see the pics.

I updated my knee pic on FB for you!

Your parents pool is so beautiful, I didn't realize it was done already, I thought they were just talking about it when we were on V trip I remember you bringing it up.