Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good Morning to All.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that we can all start the new week and season out on the right foot. We have so much to look forward to and now is the time to sart encourageing each other. Put a smile on your face and sneakers on your feet and let's get going.

I for one am going to go take doggie for a walk this morning. Hubby has his PT aorund 9:30, so I think I will go than. And than I have to work this evening, so this will keep me busy all day. That and some housecleaning.

Make it a good one and don't forget that today is CTCD.

Good Morning!!

Early meeting, I do not like early mornings!!!

Thoughts and prayers are with Michelle and her family!!

As much as I dreaded it....it is here...time to get ready for work again! BAH!

Only good thing about that is my new contacts should be in today--gonna try something new.

Managed to lose a pound even with the rally. And sure enough as of this morning, it is still gone! SHOCK!! Wish it was more, but at this stage of the game, a pound is better than nuthin'!

Gotta get going----spent too long reading the newspaper!

Good morning, Violets.

Off to my hospital shift, PMS luncheon, hair cut and then a rehearsal tonight. Busy day, but I'm thankful I didn't have to get up at 4:30, drive 62 miles one way to work, teach all day, come home and have all the normal things to do after that. Have I mentioned I LOVE retirement???

Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves.

Suzie.. I was in the pool twice yesterday.. what a great feeling. I'll get in after my hair appt. today.

Morning girls~

Worked out this morning and now am ready to take on the day! I did weight lifting today and will do cardio tomorrow...on my "wash the hair day".

Walden starts today...tons to do! Missing the dog days of summer!

xoxoxoox

Ahhh, sounds like fall. Everyone settling into their routine. I will miss summer but I kinda like routines, LOL. So sometimes I am grateful that fall gets here...

Kat - Sometimes I also sleep better with background noise too. My brain races right as I'm about to drift off at night but when there is noise all I am thinking about is that noise and it lulls me to sleep! Have you ever worn contacts before??

My mom is getting the lens replacement surgery done sometime in October. She didn't qualify for Lasik and she is no good in contacts so she decided to just go for it. It's pretty expensive but so worth it.

How was everyones weekend? Mine was fan-freakingtastic. Spent time with family, friends and best of all my hunny bunny... I didn't do any housework and other than Friday, didn't workout at all. But that's ok, it's monday and it's time to get back to work.

The only thing that made me down was when I logged in here late last night and heard all about Heather's complication. That sucks!!! First Laura, now Heather. I'm scared to death now. We laid in bed curled up around each other talking about this. He told me not to worry about it but I just can't help it. Two pregnancies and two complications. ?????

I am back from my meeting. I am so not good in the mornings. I will type up the minutes now, while it is still fresh!!

Haydee, I can understand about the pregnancy fear, that is odd. I guess when I went into the band, that was not a thought I had.

Haydee - I hear what you are saying! I'd be freaked out too. "They" make it sound like all you have to do is get an unfill and Voila! have a baby! On the upside of this at least you'll be very aware of possible complications and not overlook any weird sympoms for very long. Ugh.

I haven't been to the pregnancy site to see what they say, but is Laura and Heather an unusual case or does this happen to all Pregnant Bandsters?

Yep, that's exactly what I was told when I was doing the research. That based on my age and the fact that I hadn't had children that the band would be so safe for me. Get an unfill and that's it. No complications. I'm gonna start talking to my fill doctor and to my band surgeon already about this so that I can figure out if there is a way to prevent complications... I know I'm getting anxious for nothing since I'm not even close to being pregnant but I need to figure this out before I get to that point...

What a lot to be concerned about. Who thought getting prgnant would be so hard on the band? But remember the problems that Kat had with her band? And that was from a Tummy Tuck. I guess putting pressure on the belly section would have an impact on the band, pushing it out of what position it should be in.

Edited by Suziecat

It seems to be less common for pregnancy complications than our stats in V's (100%!).. but I guess about 30-50% maybe? I see people not realize they have a problem (like me) till later, and they aren't posting in pregnancy area anymore. And I've seen a couple slips.

We forgot the portable crib today, we had taken it to his parents so it's in our foyer. May be a long day, not sure how well he will nap in his bouncer.

Carson was up till 8 last night, teething and not feeling good. Didn't cry, whine, move, wiggle, nothing, just wanted me to hold him.. so I did in the recliner in the living room for an hour (he did it for an hour before got home too). Staring off behind me, but won't go to sleep. If I tried to put him down he started a very pathetic cry. Around 8 he finally fell asleep in my arms, so I put him in the crib. He started to cry and I pat him for 10 minutes and he finally fell asleep. Then 30m later russ sat on his car keys and set the alarm on my car, waking him up.

Cutting this short, got crap goin on at work. :mad:

Laura, sorry about the crap at work. I know with the economy the way it is, people are making differnet choices. Is your company feeling the brunt of it?

Off to work! I don't think I am really busy today, I think this afternoon yes, then this evening no! Anybody want to fly in for a haircut?