Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Morning Girls.

Heather, that is horrible. I was hoping that you were going to say that is was the pottasium and that you didn't need the surgery. I'm so sorry you had to go thru all of that and that you couldn't spend that time enjoying Ayla. I agree with Judy about you and Laura, so I'm not going to get pregnant either.

With both Laura and Heather having problems, it makes me really want to protect my band even more.

Terri, good luck on the -4 and I am keeping all of you in my prayers.

Last night I went over to the neighbors to sit on the deck.

she has one of those firepits. We ended up fixing S'mores. I ate one and a few marshmallows(burnt). We had a good time and guess what? I didn't have any alcohol. LOL.

Everyone have a great day.

Good morning

Heather that is absolutely horrid! I am sure that has to be swelling...

Judy - I was cracking up.... I don't think I am going to get preggers again either...lol

That is very scary though... seriously my thoughts ad prayers are with you all having problems

Oh, Heather!! You poor thing!!! I am so sorry you have been so sick! Why didn't you say something earlier? I'm not sure why you are feeling so sad, though. Is it mostly because of the money? You're not exactly starting at step one....step one was 225#!! I'm sure you'll be feeling physically better very soon and that will help your mental state. You've been thru the ringer the last few months! Be patient with yourself and know that we are all walking with you and are so proud of your strength and beauty. (((Hugs)))

We need some pics of Ayla!! I'll bet she's beautiful!

Heather, I hope you feel better soon! Scarey, but glad you are on the other side of this!

Terry, yeah! on -4...

Judy, have fun fimming!

Janie, hugs and love to you today!

have a great day!

Heather, sounds like you have been through it!! It sure is not fair!!!

I have been meaning to ask you and keep forgetting, did you ever get the little outfit I sent Ayla?

I hope everyone is enjoying this weekend.

Just got back from seeing Guys and Dolls. it was very good. I had never seen it before. I have heard a lot of songs from it, but didn't know the story. I want to see the movie.

We're home. Was fun, not the stress relief I was hoping for, or expecting, but----we got away for a couple of days, and had some time together.

Come home to the news our son is moving. If he wants to keep a job with the company he is with, he is being transferred to Louisianna. I am heartbroke, and a little (ok maybe a bit more than a little) angry. I want to shake him. He can find another job if he wanted to here-----he has had them offered. But he is focussing on the $6.50 more an hour he will make there, and the cost of living is less....yadda, yadda, yadda. BS!!! He has almost ZERO living costs here. He lives in a mobile home on our property. He DOES pay minimal rent----which was an amount agreed upon in the beginning. We pay his electric out of the rent----As it is hooked up with my inlaws for the field pumps---so it is not in their name. Besides that, the ONLY money ever spent out of the rent they pay was to replace the Water heater a couple of years ago. He does not know that the money is there. The plan was when he decided to either put a modular out there, or build, we would give him the $$$. Now he thinks he can go off and make a bigger and better living....and has the big head thing going on. Rick and I are in agreement, the money sits tight. I emphasized know, because, I am sure he suspects it. As the same was done with DD's place. Her $$$ went back to her. So I think he expects it to be handed over to him, to help make this move. Ain't happening. If he refuses to think things through---and wants to go off on a tangent this way he is going to have to do it alone. Period. This is going to cause a problem, and I see it coming....but that is my stance. And yes it is selfish, but it is also me being selfish FOR my grandsons. They have grandma's and grandpa's and family all over here, and trusted people to help with the boys. Connor is such a Papa's boy you cannot imagine, and HE is making the choice to take them where they have NO ONE! They know NO ONE. They have never even been to the state of LA before. But he KNOWS he can buy a house cheap blah, blah, blah.

Gotta get over it, it's happening I guess.

Interview with CPS went quickly.

I mentioned to the woman, that while they could bring along the life jacket to show the problem, I had a problem bringing my tub---kind of light heartedly---she dryly informed me she knew what the door rail looked like....ok so much for a little levity...wrong time, wrong place, wrong person.

Dunno what will come of it.

Only advantage to it is --- stress is keeping me tight, and I am losing weight.

At the rally tho, I made Rick mad, he had not been 100% glued to my side prior, and he is insistent I am not eating enough. I tried to explain to him, I eat plenty....small amounts of different food. No I no longer go to those things and inhale an order of curly ribbon fries---a half a chicken on a stick, and I am good all day long. I told him my weight loss appreciates it, and so does my heart!

If life with my kids doesn't settle down, I might make it back to my former weight. I'd rather have to work at it.

Heather, I am so sorry you went through so much!

I personally wondered about pregnancy with any form of WLS---seems pretty scary to me! I can see the problems with the tube becoming detatched...but the fear of like where the sleeve would be stitched apart from the remainder of the stomach--the staple line....all of it would freak me out. I am wierd anyway!!

Laura, if I did have anything else done, I would not hesitate at all going back to Dr. Aceves. My SIL and I went down and were banded together. Then she took her 2 daughters down and they were banded, and a friend of mine who was banded in Monterrey, took another friend to Aceves, and he did a fill for my friend while she was there. There have been a bunch of us I know, all done with him, and other than my SIL's OWN issues with the band, there have been no problems. Her problems were bandster caused, not band caused problems. She has zero fill, and has had multiple scopes, and has had surgery to assure proper placement, and STILL insists she cannot eat, so pokes her finger down her throat and throws up 4 out of 5 meals she eats. It will kill her, and to hear them tell it, it is all the bands fault. But that did not stop her from getting her daughters banded??? Hello? If it is causing me that much problem, there is no way in hell I would wish that on my child. And she does love her kids, so she knows.....on some level she knows.

Off to make a pot of soup....calling it dinner.< /strong>

Well, Suzie, I recommend an aggressive fill in that case! We went out for Mexican tonight and all I could eat was about 1/3 of a cheese enchilada and 2 tbsp of beans!.... I ate 1/3 of a child's plate!! Crazy. It's OK for now, but I know it will get old soon.

Kat - sorry about your son. Where in LA is he moving? He'll find out the hard way, I guess, but that's pretty much what kids do, ain't it?

Speaking of which, Evan got kicked out of his halfway house this morning because he missed curfew by 30 minutes last night. He was pretty upset, as was I. He found another house in the same town within an hour, but still. 2 steps forward, 1 step back, eh? I guess someday he'll figure out that rules are NOT made to be broken. Sigh.

DH and I went out and bought a refrigerator today and I am SO excited!!! I never knew I could be so excited about a kitchen appliance. It'll be delivered tomorrow. I was shopping for one 6 months or so ago and prices for the same fridge were $500 more! Good thing I waited!

Well, Suzie, I recommend an aggressive fill in that case! We went out for Mexican tonight and all I could eat was about 1/3 of a cheese enchilada and 2 tbsp of beans!.... I ate 1/3 of a child's plate!! Crazy. It's OK for now, but I know it will get old soon.

I recommend that I quit shoving food in my mouth.

Hope all is well tonight.

Terry, sorry about all the problems you are having with your son. I commend you on your resolve!! I have an older customer (late 60's) who totally enables her son. Every week she tells me that she is not going to that again. I just listen. I have no idea what that is like. Wouldn't have a clue about advice to give her. Just give her hugs when she needs them. She comes in once a week for a set and she normally gets two hugs a month from me, and a bunch of kleenex to catch her tears...

I am doing a needlework project and got almost finished with this one part and saw there was a mistake somewhere, can't find it!! Ripping the whole thing out.

Any updates on Michelles mother in law?

Thanks everyone.

Jane I did get that outfit you sent Ayla and it is adorable, thanks. :0)

I am going to take some violet pictures with all the cute outfits that Ayla received on her and post them. She is a really lucky girl with all of her violet aunties.

I am not sad and weepy so much over the band or the money. I think being sick contributes to me being weepy though. What really has made me so incredibly sad is that I lost the first three months of my new daughters life and maternity leave being horrifically sick. I will never be able to replace those months. I cant even begin to describe how rough it was. I was even too sick to get on the computer.

At least it is done and I can put it behind me. Life goes on :0).

By the way, that comment about not getting pregnant made me snort into my Protein Drink lol. Thanks for the laugh.

Good Morning and a Happy Labor Day to All.

It's monday and a new start for me.

I actaully got a fill last Monday and spent 4 days doing liquids. I switched to mushies friday and full-bore pigout Sunday. So, since today it will be just Hubby and I, it's back to being good and doing exercises and getting moving.

I never did make it to the Fair this weekend. In two weeks is the next fair. If I don't make it to that one I guess I won't be gettting my funnel cake this year. I know I can't eat a whole one. I would just like to have a few bites.

Everyone have a great day.

Good morning, Violets..

A nice, relaxing day today. We have Grady for an hour while Kris and Nathan work out. Then it's pool time and after that getting choir robes ready and then trusting Bob to grill a steak without turning it into charcoal. It's a beautiful day today and supposed to get up to 78 degrees. Perfect.

Everyone enjoy their day off!! Be good to yourselves.