Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Where did you get that idea, Jenn? I have no problem with your being here!! Why would I??

=======

I got a fill yesterday and today I am in mourning. I really enjoyed my 2 months being restriction-free....but I gained 6# in the process! I'm sitting here eating cottage cheese and it's verrrrrrry slow going down. Wah. I'm gonna miss grilled chicken the most...and yummy salads. But gotta do what I gotta do.

idk, just a feeling

I got my fill 7/30 and have lost 30lbs since. I hope it works for you too

Oh Kat, I'm so so sorry that you're going through all this. And poor Kinsey! I just want to cry just thinking about it. I would be terrified just wondering what was going on... I'm so so sorry and I hope things get better for you soon. I love you...

Laura -I'm glad that Russ is coming around. I'm sure your parents will too eventually. As far as the having your second already? That's the next big thing you have to sit and ponder with Russ. How would you do it? Would you bring two kids to work with you? Lots of questions! Regardless of what you decide we will support you all the way. Also, I would be more than happy to come with you to Mexicali when you eventually got your surgery. Kat said that the language barrier wasn't a problem but I think it would help to have someone with you who is fluent.

Janey - if it weren't for the fact that I'm getting married I would probably weigh about the same as when I was banded. I suck at working the band!! SUCK AT IT!! LOL. The only thing that is helping me is moving my ass, HARD, and watching my food intake. No fried stuff, no sugar. No processed lunch meat. Sigh... I miss ham...

Yesterday I was hobbling around like an old lady and I thought I wasn't gonna be able to do anything at the gym. My friend told me to suck it up and to get on the treadmill. I did and once I started all my muscle pain started to go away. She says that moving more is what helps sore muscles... Never knew that. But then again when I got home I was sore again. I've been sore for two weeks straight. When will it end??? LOL.

What's everyones plans for this holiday weekend?? Anything fun?

Jenn - why do you feel like that?? We love you posting and sharing and miss you when you dont!

Terry - good luck on your new fill!! You're so good to get it right before your 4 day weekend. I would have waited till after, LOL. I'm so so bad...

Haydee -

I guess I just want to make sure .....

I was hurting for about the first 3-4 weeks I was walking, the best thing I did was decided to take a day off then get up and walk. It was enough of a rest, now I do my walk with no issues at all and feel great.

Jane - I will send you some of my motivation, but restriction to go with that helps me

okay, well rest assured that everyone here loves you and that you bring so much motivation, reflection and love to us...

okay, well rest assured that everyone here loves you and that you bring so much motivation, reflection and love to us...

Ok thank you:smile2:

Haydee - when I'm sore like that the thing that REALLY helps is Advil and a hot tub. If they have a spa at your gym, USE IT!!!

idk, just a feeling

I got my fill 7/30 and have lost 30lbs since. I hope it works for you too

You've lost 30 # in 5 weeks????? :smile2: Uh.....don't think that's gonna happen with me! I'll be very lucky to lose 2#!!!

Man! I had no idea you lost that much! I hate you!!!! :thumbup: (just kiddddding!...sorta!!)

WOW you go jen!!!

Haydee that would be AWESOME!!

And Kat, Dr. A is actually who I am leaning toward, now it's convincing everyone it's SAFE and ok. They believe it's all unsanitary, they butcher you and leave instruments, because there's no regulation. But there is, and it's the fly by nights who rent an office space, etc. that do the things they worry about. It will take some time to get them to come around. Dr. A quoted me 12,500 to remove the band & swap to sleeve. They don't include airfare, but we fly to SD which isn't too bad.

I didn't know any of you went to Dr. A. That will actually help me when I talk to them about it, to let them know one of my very own V's (not just some 'random internet person' which is what they refer to everything else I read) went there and would go back!

My mom said, don't go just because of cost; it's dangerous. I told her, I was thinking of the sleeve after finding out I may need another surgery--which had nothing to do with cost. And right now from what I have researched, Dr. A sounds like the best option, even if money wasn't a factor. So she said, wait a few years till the TN doctor that does them has them under his belt.. well I can't find any stats on 'revisions' for him, which is an important factor, and Dr. A has done a lot of revisions.

Edited by FairyFacade

You've lost 30 # in 5 weeks????? :smile2: Uh.....don't think that's gonna happen with me! I'll be very lucky to lose 2#!!!

Man! I had no idea you lost that much! I hate you!!!! :thumbup: (just kiddddding!...sorta!!)

yah, i hate her too, LOL. I DO NOT have willpower when it comes to food... But I'm honest. I write everything down. And so when my friend checks my food journal at the beginning of our workout if she sees something that I shouldn't have eaten she adds minutes to our treadmill routine and extra weight training.

Terry - we do have a hot tub at the gym. Never thought about using it... I will take my bathing suit tonight and get in... And I thought we werent supposed to take Advil? I keep taking Tylenol each night. It doesn't help that much...

Hi guys

yeah, because of the lexapro I was back up to 218 the monday of that week, 215 at the dr on the 30th and 188 today. I was on Clear liquids for 10 days (post op diet) then mushies for 10 days and now running about 5-600 cals a day with approx 70g Protein. I got a huge reality check, just like post surgery, except I was better this time because after surgery swelling went down I was hungry, this fill was good and I was able to focus, I could have stayed on liquid but I was not getting any nutrition.

I hope going to the gym after kids get back to school I'll hit my Sept goal of 180 and maybe even my ending goal of 175 by the end of the month... that is only 8lbs in 31/2 weeks... I can do that.

I have never had 1.5 in me and I am golden, but for the most part my head is in a really good place with this.

I want to hit my goal of 150 by my birthday in March

yah, i hate her too, LOL. I DO NOT have willpower when it comes to food... But I'm honest. I write everything down. And so when my friend checks my food journal at the beginning of our workout if she sees something that I shouldn't have eaten she adds minutes to our treadmill routine and extra weight training.

Terry - we do have a hot tub at the gym. Never thought about using it... I will take my bathing suit tonight and get in... And I thought we werent supposed to take Advil? I keep taking Tylenol each night. It doesn't help that much...

Gee Thanks...LOL It was the fill, and when I eat something different I go to my daily plate and log the meal so I know where I am at. (you can print out a daily report there too)

Did you ever try children's liquid advil??? I don't take it often but when my body hurts from working out and I know I am not going to sleep I take it and no issues. Tylenol doesn't touch my muscle aches