Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Yeah good luck with the surgery!!

Terry, the short of it, I(we) think Carson dislocated the tube from the port. When they filled it with 4cc, the immediately only drew back 1cc. Before that they drewback 0cc, and I should have had 3.5cc in it. So that's where they're quoting me to get a contrast study (after just paying for the fluro, when they could have done it then!!). So another $400 for another test, and then I asked her if I could do surgery the next morn and give me a quote. She quoted $14,500. That's the cost of original surgery. So I wrote her back, that my last revision (this annoys me) was $2,500. So she said she was quoting if they had to replace the band. I don't know why they would. And she keeps saying if it's a band defect they would send it off to get reimbursement from Allergan (but I called them 2 weeks ago, they said they have NO warranties). So I dunno. I told her, ok lets not schedule surgery. Schedule the test, and I'm going to go from there... Quotes I've gotten back. Wasa recommends someone for the sleeve (in MX), and his cost isn't bad, something like 7k... but plane tickets are 1k a person. So 9k.. but they wrote me back today, if they are revising from a band they do it in 2 parts for healing. First surgery is 5k (plus 2k flights), then 5 months later 7k (plus 2k flights). So that's not really an option anymore. There's a doctor in TN (not too far from here) that revises to sleeve, waiting to hear back from them. Also sent out to local docs about just fixing the leak, etc. Just shopping around.. so far NOTHING I have heard is realistic. I have looked at loans, there's one (I don't know if I'd qualify and if it's only for MX docs) that is 1 year no interest. I have Carecredit that ironically sent me a letter recently that they have new 'plans' for 1-2-3-4 year no interest if you qualify, but my current limit with them is only 5k, and I have no idea who takes Carecredit (I know my current doc does, but no idea if their hospital does, and frankly right now I'm not happy with them so I don't think I want to go to them again for surgery).

I LOVE my classes but no, they don't help with Evan's issues. I've always wanted to serve the HAWC because they helped me immensely at one time in my life and taught me many things about self-respect. I hope that I can empower at least one woman in that same way...or at least give them hope that things can change for the better.

You have :biggrin:

Jenny is 25, she has some serious medical issues and was told 3 years ago she could never have a baby, and after all the stuff and the large non cancerous tumor they removed from her overies 6 months ago they told her she was going to need to do fertility treatments but can have a child... she has to take daily shots and is on tons fo vits and horemones... so needless to say we are just so happy for her.

Haydee, I was 33 when I had Dyan and 24 when I had alex... and I was in much better shape at 24...lol

Come to find out The women on my mom's side have bones that do not move very much and my great gram died in child birth, my 1 aunt had a hard time, my sister almost died, and had to have 2 c-sections and dd was very difficult and ds's head could not even be suctioned out and he was crowned and I had to be rushed into surgery. My dr told me another child would kill me, so that is why I decided to have my tubes tied.

Aww I'm so happy for your niece too! She's having a miracle baby!

Wow, sounds like the women in your family got some strong bones, LOL. In my family we have some women issues too. Everyone needs hysterectomies (sp?) after a certain age... I'm hoping I didn't get that gene.

Laura - how'd lunch go? you ok?

Yeah I've actually been talking to Wasa who I consider a great resource for MX doctors & the sleeve. She suggested Aceves.. I talked to their nurse as well. I am confident with it, now it's getting my family on board.

This will probably take a while before I do anything. Mom isn't on board, but asked me to wait till after baby #2 before converting if that's really what I want to do.. which could be uh 4 years or so from now. Oh well, I got to be skinny for a couple months.

Yeah good luck with the surgery!!

but they wrote me back today, if they are revising from a band they do it in 2 parts for healing. First surgery is 5k (plus 2k flights), then 5 months later 7k (plus 2k flights). So that's not really an option anymore.I want to go to them again for surgery).

Laura, I knwo that there are a handful of ladies on LBT that have revised from band to sleeve all in one surgery, *Susan*, Oregondaisy, elizabethsew?(sp) theres a thread where they tell all about it. I know they all went to Dr Aceves in MX. I wonder why you were quoted for 2 surgeries, if they can do it in one??? maybe thats a precasution if theres a problem when they get inside? dont know,,, anyways good luck, will keep you in my thoughts.

Kelly

I actually called my GP, left a message asking if he can Rx me some anti-depressants temporarily. I know the crying goes hand in hand with bad news in general, but suddenly every aspect of life seems bleak. That's a silly way to feel when it's just the band being messed up, so I think I just fell into a depression.. kind of new for me, I'm generally able to be optimistic in life even when something gets me down.. some reason I don't feel like it now.

Laura, I knwo that there are a handful of ladies on LBT that have revised from band to sleeve all in one surgery, *Susan*, Oregondaisy, elizabethsew?(sp) theres a thread where they tell all about it. I know they all went to Dr Aceves in MX. I wonder why you were quoted for 2 surgeries, if they can do it in one??? maybe thats a precasution if theres a problem when they get inside? dont know,,, anyways good luck, will keep you in my thoughts.

Kelly

It ended up (I went back over the email) being Alverez that makes you do 2 surgeries. Aceves does it in one.

Haydee, I hope you dont have that gene too... you are next to be mom????

Laura... I love my wellbutrin but they are all different for different people... Lexapro and many others cause weight gain... wellbutrin can cause insomia but i have lots of energy, and sometimes decreases appetites...

just an fyi... just make sure you ask! my 20lb gain made me more depressed!

Oh... sorry, Let me clarify

it made me depressed and FAT...LOL

Home from a double shift and I am really exhausted. People at work kept asking me if I was ok. I'm fine, just really tired. So I guess it early to bed.

I went to the grocery store today and couldn't figure out what to buy. Nothing looked good, so it was hard for me to get the shopping done. I just kept having to tell myself that we needed stuff. I finally got it done at a cost of $79.00. Well, I bring the groceries home and drop them off so I can take Sis and her groceries home. Hubby calls on the way and tells me I need to go back to the store. I said "What for"?. Guess who dropped the carton of eggs? I told him he was going to have to run back, I was to busy and had to get back to work. He did but I had to tell him where in the store to go. Men.

Laura, Good Luck in getting things done.

Suzy, Good Luck in the job hunt and the surgery.

did i show you guys my new tattoo???

post-215289-13813138657785_thumb.jpg

Very pretty!

Well I have pretty much made up my mind, I am converting to the sleeve if I have to go under the knife again. My mom is begging me to wait till after baby #2 (even though the sleeve wouldn't affect it). I had a long talk with Russ tonight after showing him my literature I've put together about the doc I want to go with in MX. He's understanding at least. My mom still thinks its a butcher shop blah blah. She said she didn't have time to read things I sent her, but there's no rush since doesn't matter right now.

Russell still wants to go for #2 right away, thinking maybe that'd work.. that way they'll be close in age (which I always think is a plus side), and then I can do whatever I want to my body without any worries for babies. I just don't know how I'd handle 2 small ones. People do it all the time though right? :smile2:

I would love their help financing it (it's easier to get loans via Dad), but I told Russ if they aren't on board by time I've decided I've waited long enough (depending on how quick I keep gaining!!), I'm going to try to get loans outside of them and do what I gotta do. I hate that, I never go against their wishes.. and I know they are just scared.

Laura, I would be interested in the sleeve. I just can't say I am a band success story. I weigh more now than I did when I got the band. I am not sure what the problem is with me. Did you just email them for the info? I am sorry you are in a bad place. Those places are no fun to be in.

No I looked at threads here about the sleeve.. and talked to Wasa, she has a wealth of information on it.. I'll e-mail you links I have (some tonight, I have more at work I'll send tomorrow). She got me in touch with the doc she uses nurse (and after looking at the VSG section here, looks like everyone from LBT that converted went to him), and I asked her questions I knew were bothering Russ & my mom.