Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Morning

Go Jane Go :)

Laura I have heard tht sone, love it too, actually I really just like the Dixie Chicks

up early getting drinking coffee, have to go to dd's first football game. She looks stunning in her uniform this year

Good Morning.

We went to the wedding reception last night and I found out why I shouldn't have more than 2 margarita's. That's because I can't handle them. LOL. We had a real good time anyway. One more wedding today. Thank goodness it's just a punch and cake reception.

Jane, you are getting the rain that we had all day yesterday.

I have to work today but only for just 2 hours, and than the rest of the weekend off.

Everyone have a great holiday weekend and I'll check in when I can.

Good Morning! ....although it's not such a good morning for me. This fill is kicking my ass and I am NOT happy!! Cottage cheese won't go down...just sitting there causing pain. And, of course, it's a holiday wknd so no unfill for me until Tues. To go from one extreme to the other is just soooo depressing.

Oh, wait...I just PB'd violently on cottage cheese!!! OMG! I'm staying on clear broth, i.e., "Jenn's Diet". Maybe I'll lose 30# too!! HA!

Good morning, Violets..

No garage sale-ing this morning. I'm guessing Kris and Grady didn't have such a good night as she didn't call me to go this morning. But we'll still have the Arts and Crafts show to go to later today.

Laura.. Kris gives Grady Tylenol and uses the orajel. That's about all you can do, I guess. It took several weeks for the tooth to actually pop through so be prepared!

Suzie.. have a good time at the wedding today. It's beautiful weather here today. I'd love to be swimming, but won't have time till tomorrow. I hope Monday's weather is good cause I want to spend allllllll day in the pool!

Terry.... easy there on the cottage cheese! How much of a fill did you get???? Luckily I've never had a fill that makes it impossible to eat regular food. Course I haven't had a fill in about a year now either. yikes!! But I know I don't need any more fill, I just need my head to work rather than depending on the band. I'm not doing so good with that lately.

Jenn, Jane and everyone else, have a great day. Remember to keep Michelle and her MIL in your prayers for her surgery.

Is she having the surgery today? I remember asking her and she said she had the appointment Wednesday to see the surgeon. I guess Michelle is not posting? Will you tell us what the timeline is?

Suzy, yes I woke up at 7:00 to dark rainy stay in bed and pull the covers back over your head!!!! But Virginia will be waiting for me so I got out of bed!!

Heading for work, everyone have a great day!!!!!!

I can't remember what the timeline is, but I remember, hopefully correctly, that she and family were going to the hospital yesterday and that MIL would be in the hospital for 2-3 days. I didn't get an email from her yesterday so I'm assuming they are at the hospital.

Hey Girls~

Terry...I FEEL YOUR PAIN! But to PB cottage cheese....eeewww! I always go from one extreme to the other. Every day this week, I've eaten 3 oz of tuna, one small Tomato and one string cheese. I PB'd once and was stuck two other days...just yesterday I thought of an unfill. I CAN NOT LIVE ON BROTH...not w/ the social calendar I have :). I have to remember to work w/ the band...quit fighting it.

Going to be 106 today...where is the rain???

Judy have fun at the Arts and Crafts fair! I love those!

3 days off...aaahhhh

xooxox

Hi gals

I'm exhausted, got up early for dd's football game, did some running around, walked, just ate a salad and going to shower and get ready for a bon fire.

hope you all had a good day

The good news is that I've lost 4# already! :) The bad news is I've only eaten liquids. I'd kill for a salad, Jenn!

Had a short convo with Evan earlier -- he sounds better. He's really happy with his new sponsor, is working his program and still looking for work. Having some problems with his car but I can't 'rescue' him from that so I do hope he gets a job soon. Prayers, please!! :) ...and thanks!

Good evening, Violets..

Just back from the art fair. I bought a painted window for the fence outside and a copper trillium on a stake for the garden. I'm going back with Kris tomorrow after church. We got there at 3:30 and they closed up at 5 so didn't have time to see everything.

Terry... congrats on the -4#!!! I ate well today and only had a few bites of ice cream this evening, which is a big improvement for me! One day at a time in all things.

Everyone sleep well tonight.

way to go Terry

I had a salad that was too big today, OH wait... TOM started which makes it even tighter and I have been forcing myself to eat so I might do some liquids for the next couple of days.

I want to get to 180 by the end of sept

I think too much!!

I can't get my mind off of what happened here earlier this week.

We seem like fractured souls now.

I feel sad that since I didn't pick a side I did something wrong. I know I didn't.

I hope time heals all wounds.........

* Jennifur, the new tat is absolutely adorable and I love the color.

* Haydee, I am older than you and it took all of 2 weeks after going off the pill to get preggers with a happy and healthy baby girl. I wouldn't worry too much, if it is meant to be it might come along a little faster than expected. I bet you will look absolutely adorable preggers.

* Judy, It is now impossible for me to look at a swimmng pool without thinking about fimming, lol. Ethan sounds like he is part human and part fish. :-)

* Laura, I feel sad for your friend at work. That has to be so tough making those kinds of decisions. I really want to see Carson with his teefs as well, lol. It might sound a little hokey but a frozen washcloth for him to gnaw on is really soothing with the cold and the nubby texture.

* Kat, I am sorry the CPS has you worried. That is enough to make anyone crazy and you of all people don't deserve to feel bad. I am grateful they are there to protect children but sometimes really good people get stuck in the crosshairs and really bad people find ways around it.

* Suzy, congrats on making it through surgery.

* Terry, I am happy to hear that Evan sounds much better. It sounds like things are really looking up.

Edited by HeatherO
typos caused by being drugged up on pain killers

I just want to give everyone a quick update on me. I have been really sick and vomiting daily with horrid reflux since my last day in the hospital after having Ayla. I have had an empty band since January. I saw a doctor twice for it but they gave me anti nausea meds and sent me on my merry way. The doctor really didn't think it could be the band because my band was empty. Now I have learned the hard way, you can get a slip on an empty band.

At the beginning of last week I just couldn't take it anymore and scheduled a self pay flouroscopy which is 4 hours away from here. The scanned me and saw the barium never passed through the band, it went into a dilated pouch and got stuck there . . . with an immediate need to vomit. The band was hanging vertically as well and nothing made sense on the x-ray. The doctors first thought was possible erosion or the worst slip he has ever seen. So they did an emergency EGD and scoped my stomach to see what was up. I needed emergency surgery to repair or remove the band and was scheduled for 7:00 AM the next morning.

Then they drew my blood and found that my potassium was at 2.5 which is critically low. Low enough that I should have been having heart problems. The nurse told me that had I been much older or weaker before I got sick I could have died. So I was admitted to the hospital last Wednesday and had to go on IV pottasium for 2 days before they could get my potassium high enough for an anesthesiologist to even consider putting me under.

Well, I had an emergency band replacement yesterday. I was so ill, I couldn't even make much of a decision to go back to Mexico or to convert to a sleeve. I had $8,950 in my savings account. I just had to spend $8,800 of it to replace my band.

So I am sitting here uncomfortable not able to sleep and drugged up on hydrocodone. I lost my original Realize band and now have an Allergan model. I look very pregnant again because my whole midsection is so swollen. I was 127 pounds last Wednesday but now I am 144. I think it is retained fluids and my whole body looks thick and puffy, especially my legs and around my eyes. I am mourning the loss of my savings but happy I still have a band.

So here I go again on the banded journey, only this time it is step one all over again. I have been all weepy and sad for days. I am pretty sure that pregnancy had a lot to do with my band woes. I am afraid to get pregnant again.

Laura, I see Dr. Brad Watkins at Cincinnati Weight Loss. He does a revision for $7,700 if you were originally banded in the states and $8,800 if you were originally banded outside of the US. I know you are sold on the sleeve but I just wanted to let you know that there are band options that are not so obscenely priced in the US.

Anyways, please send some positive energy and thoughts my way. I could sure use them.

Edited by HeatherO

Good morning, Violets..

OMG Heather!!! You have been through such an ordeal. I'm shocked at your news, but so glad you got things repaired and you're back on the road to recovery.

Boy, with all the trouble you and Laura have had, that just cinches it for me. I'm NOT going to get pregnant again!!

You take care of yourself, woman!!! How is Ayla during all this?? Were you still nursing???

I'm off to church and then back to the arts fair. Tomorrow will be fimming day allllll day if the weather holds.

Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves.