Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Laura, I hope you can arrange for this surgery. You certainly are doing your homework and it sounds like it is a good answer for you considering your troubles with the band.

Just finished watching Milk and now off to bed. Ethan comes again in the morning and if tomorrow is like today, I see more "fimming" time!!

sleep well, everyone.

What did you think of it Judy? My dad said it was great, and I like the actor (brain farting) who plays the main guy. I watched it, and dozed on and off for most of it.. it was really boring IMO. I have a short attention span though.

Laura, Dr. Aceves did my banding. The hospital he uses is not a butcher shop, I can assure you of that. It is incredibly clean, and there is constant cleaning going on. There was not an issue of language except for Rick in the cafeteria---he pointed, they cooked, problem solved.

Getting TO the hospital, I grew concerned. It is in a rough part of Mexicali. But as my DH pointed out, MANY hospitals are----they are built near the original metro area, and as the city moves, the old parts become slummy. I mean you lived in ABQ----think of where Presbyterian and the Heart Hospital and Lovelace are.....right off Central Avenue. And UNM---pretty slummy! BUT they are good hospitals! So was the hospital Dr. Aceves uses. He was attentive, and informative, and his staff was incredible.

IF I could travel to Mexico again, I would use him to do anything I needed. But til I change my name....I am stuck here!

I have a question for you----you are discussing with him the revision surgery. But you did well with your band. What would his charge be to repair your band? If finances are an issue, it might get you repaired, at an affordable amount, and you still have the option of your local Dr. for fills/unfills etc. Hell your current Dr. may never even know-----just WOW it works again!!! LOL

Just thinking from a financial point. Because you DID lose weight with your band....I know, I saw you!

Life sucks here. Loooong very stressful story. Kinsey got injured with her Dad last weekend. DD thought it was handled, and then got the call from daycare today that CPS was involved. They are not being pushy, they seem ok with things, but who knows. I am trying to go on with things as normal...as is she, but it is not as easy.

Kinsey is ok.

Yeah, he quoted me $14.500 to 'fix' the band. So if I think about my band in terms of 'long-term'.. I am 2 years out and this would be surgery #3. As a self-pay and for the idea of having a surgery, so far I don't like the track record. I am not one to say I don't like the band (I do), but 3 surgeries in 2 years is really not making me hopeful for the rest of my days. If insurance was paying for this, I probably wouldn't care as much. As it were we're looking at 15k a year to maintain? Can't do it.

Good Morning Girls. It's Friday, I'm up and have to go to work. Yuck.

74 degrees today and only in the low 80's for the weekend. So not sure about any swimming time. But I do have some drinking time going on this weekend. lol.

Laura, What a hard decision to make. I love my Band and can't think of being without it. But you have been thru so much with it. Good Luck.

Kat, Mexicali??? I haven't been there since 1974. My brother played ball and it was in Caliexico, but our hotel was in Mexicali. All's I remember is how HOT it was there in August.

Have a great day.

Kat - I was actually thinking that CPS should get involved over that incident with Kinsey and her dad so that she can start building a case against him if needed. I know it's scary but it's probably for the best. At the very least it will give him a much needed wake-up call, dontcha think? Actually, it's good to know that the daycare is doing what they should be doing as far as reporting goes. If she had injuries to her 'private parts' then hell yes it needs to be reported. But I know it's very stressful....I'm sorry about that :smile2:

I've got the day off today so I've got a much-needed 4-day weekend. No kids, no plans. I really want to get this house in shape -- it's getting rather out of control with all the little piles here and there. Don't you hate those?

Morning

Kat that is horrible but Terry's probably right (((hugs)))

Terry- dd was at cheer last night and then a picnic so I stayed home and did some cleaning and ds tried on his new school clothes and I got some laundry done. This morning we are going to finish up. I really want to Shampoo the carpets next week when the kids go back to school.

Police went over to crazy ladies house and gave her ticket/arrest stuff. I was craping my pants all night wondering what she was going to do. It was quiet so I was happy.

I don't know what they are doing with the dog, maybe putting in the yard and not the pen that backs my yard, but it has been quiet, and for the first time I was able to mow without being barked at.

Allergies are kicking my butt this morning, I hate this time of year like most people hate spring.

Flu shots were at kids dr's the other day so they are all set, so that will be good too.

have a good day and enjoy your day off terry

Good morning, Violets..

A bit warmer this morning.. 55 degrees. But looking like it's going to be another beautiful day. Ethan will be here in a few minutes and we'll get some more pool time this afternoon. I bought him a couple more toys for the pool so he doesn't just float around all the time. He's become a real Water baby.

Laura.. we liked the film a lot. Sean Penn was amazing. Next up is Frost/Nixon. I'm not thrilled, but the Bobster has been looking forward to seeing it. After that we have comedies for awhile.

I understand your concern with the band. You've had more than the usual problems with yours. I support you whether you're banded or sleeved.

Terry.. you need to have a choir party. That way the house and yard are clean, at least for a little while! That's my system.

Jane..yup.. we liked the movie. Brings back memories of that time. I had forgotten all about the "Twinkie defense". The guy that shot Harvey Milk used the defense of going crazy because he had binged on junk food the night before and he had always been health conscious. Boy, couldn't we ALL use that defense??

Ethan just arrived so got to get in gear here. Everyone make it a great day. Be good to yourselves.

Ok.. this is just sooooo wrong!!

Move over, Twinkies: Deep-fried butter is here

Apparently this is the new item at the State Fair of Texas in Dallas this year. Soooooooooo wrong, but ummmm, I would like to try some!

Laura, I wasn't meaning that you shouldn't look into the sleeve, didn't mean that at all, I was wondering if you ask Dr. A about a price for repair of your band----not your current Dr. If Dr. A's price was $14K then his prices have DOUBLED since my surgery! I paid $7240.00 for my band, and they covered half of not just MY flight costs but half of DH's as well!

The CPS is not a big deal, it is frustrating for me. Just the investigation could stop me from ever opening my day care again should I have thought about it. Because I am being questioned, aka interviewed today......because this is not her first injury to the area....and it was with me when she was hurt on the tub. The best thing about that is it automatically clears her Mommy of any involvement, since she was in the hospital, and that is easily proven.

The Dr. who did her exam, said there is no bruising, hymen is intact, and she is well adjusted, has no fear of being in the position, or having her parents in the room with her, and in the room with her together. She sensed no discordance with them being together around her.....his report says point blank that in his 35 years of practice this child shows no signs of abuse in any sort, either in physical appearance, injury included, nor in emotional actions. Or something to that effect.

Granny feels abused. I just want to lock myself in a room and cry.....for days. I HATE that she got hurt. I HATE that the reason this time is an issue is because I let her get hurt before. I HATE that my baby girl has to have strange people looking at her privates because us adults cannot keep her safe. I HATE being part of what has caused all of this.

I agree that I am glad daycare has been vigilant, but I HATE that my DD has been tainted and will always be looked at with suspicion from here on out.

I did over 20 years with all those kids and no issues EVER. Now with a child I love more than my next breath.....all this. It just breaks my heart into millions of pieces. I canonly thank God we are not dealing with her having been abused. I would end up in prison.

Gotta go to work......joy.

Kat, so sorry you are going thru all that stress!! Sounds horrible!!

Terry enjoy your long weekend!! Are you all moved at work?

Off to work!!

if you guys don't want me here please say so - i will leave