Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I was thinking of going to work becuase I know you all have heard the claim of being able to go to work the next day. I am so thankful for you all. I know that I am not being crazy when I say I can't do it. I'm still have a little pain but nothing that merit the pain pills. I feel exhausted sometimes. I am a teacher assistant. I work with kids all day. And do any and everything a teacher needs done. I think I will wait til about thrusday. I might even part-time it then.

Questions: Had surgery on the 17th. I am trying to get back to work but I am still feeling uncomfortable. What type of pain meds are you all on AFTER you stop taking the he heavy stuff like viocodin

I do ALOT of walking. I feel weak afterwards. Do you all recommend work yet.

Lastly, Gas is kicking my butt. I'm doing gas X. When was your first BM after surgery. I haven't had one.

I was uncomfortable for about 8 days after surgery. But i have not needed any pain meds sense my 6th day after. If you still have viocodin take a half instead of a whole. maybe that will help you to take the edge off. Gas x strips worked really good for me. the burping has almost stopped completely. My first BM was 5 or 6 days after surgery.

Going to doctor today for first post-op visit. I'm hoping he lets me return to work without restrictions soon. Next week will be 4 weeks post-op, so I don't see why not. Will let you guys know how it goes later. Take care.

Good luck. bring us back good news.

I was thinking of going to work becuase I know you all have heard the claim of being able to go to work the next day. I am so thankful for you all. I know that I am not being crazy when I say I can't do it. I'm still have a little pain but nothing that merit the pain pills. I feel exhausted sometimes. I am a teacher assistant. I work with kids all day. And do any and everything a teacher needs done. I think I will wait til about thrusday. I might even part-time it then.

You are exhausted because of the Anastasia. Make sure you do you breathing exercises to fill your lungs with air and let out. Anastasia hardens your lungs and we need to keep doing the breathing exercises to expand them and get them back to normal. This is what my Dr told me.

I was banded the day before you and I feel a little like you, not on pain meds but uncomfortable. Yesterday I went to target and got tired. I know I'm not up to work yet so if you are able, stay off for a couple more days....take care

Refried Beans would be ok as long as you used the canned fat-free kind. Even black beans would be fine as long as they were low in fat and of course you could cook your own, just leave out the lard.

Well my doc and his nurse both told me no on the refried beans so i'm just gonna stick with that for now........

Hi

I was banded on a Thursday and went back to work part time the followng Tuesday. Worked half days Tues,Wed and then full days on Thurs/Fri. Had the weekend to rest up. I think it is truly up to each person as to how they are feeling and when they are ready. You will know it.

Hi! I will be having my surgery on September 24th. I will be so glad to get this done. The hoop jumping for the insurance companies is a little much. I am ready.

Well, back from the doctor. It went well except for the fact that I can't go back to work without restriction until the 6th of October. So I guess I am stuck at home til then. He said that I have done very well and that he is proud of me. He actually called me a "showoff". He is great. I am very thankful to him. He also said I can start having real food just to try things and see how I do. My first fill is next week on the 29th. Can't wait. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care.:biggrin:

Well my doc and his nurse both told me no on the refried Beans so i'm just gonna stick with that for now........

That's fine, you should do what your doctor says, each one is different, mine said I could, it just depends on the doc. Take care.

Hi! I will be having my surgery on September 24th. I will be so glad to get this done. The hoop jumping for the insurance companies is a little much. I am ready.

Congrats! Add your name to our September list :biggrin:

Hi everyone! I was banded on Sept. 16th and everything is going well.. I am just wondering approximately how much is everyone able to take in per meal...i can probably take in a cup and a half for some meals and others only a half a cup. Also I was wondering if malt-o-meal was considered a liquid...being that I am on a full liquid diet now for the next week and a half I am just trying to see what I can eat.

You will know when the time is right for you to go back. Also, some had no choice due to their sick benefits etc.

I expect I will have 2-3 wks off. I will know more at my appt tomorrow.

I was banded the 15th and just today started to feel almost 100% !!! It was a few days of hellish diarreah which I think after reading others posts was maybe the Protein Shakes. I am supposed to be on a full liquid diet with fat free cream Soups, cream of wheat, yogurts etc.. but nothing is keeping me full. I had really thinned out instant mashed potatoes today and that seemed to help. Im going back to work on Thursday(god help me Im a chef). Any one have any other ideas for liquid/pureed food that satisifies?

Okay. Well thanks ladies I appreciate the comments. The pain got bad enough to where I took the vicodin so now I'm back to la la land. I tried. I decided NOT to go to work tomorrow. I may call out all week just to be safe. I am going to take it one day at a time.

I can feel baby hunger pains sometimes but I think to day was the most I 've eaten/drank. i can't tell when I'm hungry but since i'm not having real hunger pains i'm not eating much i'm just drinking lots of Water.< /p>

It's amazing how it's different strokes for different folks. I spoke to my doc's nurse and she claims to have known people that went back to work the next day. For whatever reasons I just don't believe it. It almost seems impossible.

someone was telling me that if youve had a kid its a little easier. Well I don't have any kids. First surgery here. All new experience for me and my doc didn't tell me any breathing exercises to do. What are they? confliciting info: Can you eat creamy Soups right now? I've had those campbells drinkable soups so I didn't think there was a problem.

Edited by Loveslady