Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Good Luck to everyone being banded tomorrow:

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

We'll be pulling for you!

Good luck tomorrow!

I am allowed melted cheese on mushies. Two recipes they recommend....

ricotta cheese, Pasta Sauce, and melted mozzarella

and refried Beans (fat free) with melted cheddar

I was told no on refried beans, before surgery I thought it would be a great way to get Protein but they discouraged it for me. I'm pretty much still on full liquids til Tuesday with the exception of mushed up eggs and tuna for extra protein since the Protein Powder gives me an upset stomach and lands me in the potty for a while. I would love to have some black beans with pepperjack cheese, that was a favorite of mine before surgery.

I was told no on refried Beans, before surgery I thought it would be a great way to get Protein but they discouraged it for me. I'm pretty much still on full liquids til Tuesday with the exception of mushed up eggs and tuna for extra protein since the protein powder gives me an upset stomach and lands me in the potty for a while. I would love to have some black beans with pepperjack cheese, that was a favorite of mine before surgery.

I haven't had the refried beans do you know why they said no? I had scrambled eggs w/ cheese; flounder sauteed in lemon and a teaspoon of butter, yogurt (greek). On Tuesday when you go to mushy you still can't have refried beans? I am trying the ricotta recipe tomorrow.

I haven't had the refried Beans do you know why they said no? I had scrambled eggs w/ cheese; flounder sauteed in lemon and a teaspoon of butter, yogurt (greek). On Tuesday when you go to mushy you still can't have refried beans? I am trying the ricotta recipe tomorrow.

There were several reasons; excess gas, empty calories, high in sodium and carbohydrates.........I definately don't need any more gas hahahahaha. QUESTION: I haven't had a fill yet, i'm 2wks out almost, should I feel alot of restriction????????? I feel like I'm too hungry........typical day 4oz of V8juice/4oz cottage cheese for breakfast.........2boiled mushed up eggs and some light mayo.......and mushy tuna or Tomato Soup for dinner and maybe a small smoothie or some yogurt for a snack (I get up at 6am and go to bed at like midnight/1am)...............should I be so hungry inbetween meals. I have 1cc in my band.

There were several reasons; excess gas, empty calories, high in sodium and carbohydrates.........I definately don't need any more gas hahahahaha. QUESTION: I haven't had a fill yet, i'm 2wks out almost, should I feel alot of restriction????????? I feel like I'm too hungry........typical day 4oz of V8juice/4oz cottage cheese for breakfast.........2boiled mushed up eggs and some light mayo.......and mushy tuna or Tomato Soup for dinner and maybe a small smoothie or some yogurt for a snack (I get up at 6am and go to bed at like midnight/1am)...............should I be so hungry inbetween meals. I have 1cc in my band.

The gas would worry me too. I was SOOO gassy on the Protein Shakes - soon as I went to mushy all better. You are a few days behind me. The Tomato Soup is probably not enough. The tuna is it 1 cup? Or are you doing 1/2. I think I am eating about the same except I wouldn't do tomato soup as that is no calories. I seem to be about 800 cals; 60-80 grams of Protein, 15-30 grams of carbs, and about 35 grams of fat. I am not starving but could eat more. I haven't eaten once to feeling 'full' but I wasn't hungry either after eating. My doc told me she did a bit of a fill but when i did the post op i met w/ the nurse so he said no - its really nothing they just prime the tubes. But regardless there IS quite a tightening fill or no fill. Compared to before I mean. I got hungrier earlier and I went back to the hot broth. I think the gas kept me less hungry before LOL

The gas would worry me too. I was SOOO gassy on the Protein Shakes - soon as I went to mushy all better. You are a few days behind me. The Tomato Soup is probably not enough. The tuna is it 1 cup? Or are you doing 1/2. I think I am eating about the same except I wouldn't do Tomato Soup as that is no calories. I seem to be about 800 cals; 60-80 grams of Protein, 15-30 grams of carbs, and about 35 grams of fat. I am not starving but could eat more. I haven't eaten once to feeling 'full' but I wasn't hungry either after eating. My doc told me she did a bit of a fill but when i did the post op i met w/ the nurse so he said no - its really nothing they just prime the tubes. But regardless there IS quite a tightening fill or no fill. Compared to before I mean. I got hungrier earlier and I went back to the hot broth. I think the gas kept me less hungry before LOL

Well i'm eating Campbells Harvest Select Zesty tomato bisque (not just regular tomato soup) it has 100cals for 1 cup but i'm only doing 1/2 cup. I was told that I shouldn't be at 1 full cup per meal til later on. The tuna is one of those 2.9oz packages or i'll have one or two eggs instead of the tuna. I added up my cals for one day and it came to like 690/720 range, and right now they said to strive for 40grams of protein which is about what i'm getting. I don't think i'm drinking enough Water though. I am down 13lbs now as of today.

I am not in the mushy food phase yet, my surgeon wants me to be on the liquid diet for 2 weeks, so I will start with mushy foods on Friday.

I do not think I have any restrictions at all, I can drink as much and how fast I want. Nothing is blocking me (I only had restrictions for the first day after surgery).

Other September bandsters are not even able to drink their Protein Shakes, so it makes me wonder why some do have strong restrictions and some not at all?

Did your surgeons tell you which band they used? I believe it comes in different sizes. I do not know yet which one I have but will ask my surgeon at the check-up.

Edited by stardustic

I know I have the Lap Band but don't know what size (I think it comes in two sizes now).

I think everyone has differing degrees of swelling. When I was doing Protein i was having more gas problems which also kept me more full! I can drink pretty fast. When yuo do the barium swallow they make you drink that thick stuff as fast as possible and I was wondering if I would be gagging. I was surprised it actually went down.

Questions: Had surgery on the 17th. I am trying to get back to work but I am still feeling uncomfortable. What type of pain meds are you all on AFTER you stop taking the he heavy stuff like viocodin

I do ALOT of walking. I feel weak afterwards. Do you all recommend work yet.

Lastly, Gas is kicking my butt. I'm doing gas X. When was your first BM after surgery. I haven't had one.

Hi everyone - can we start using the sep 09 section for threads? this one has multiple topics hard to follow. It would be great if we all move over that way at least when everyone else is banded in Sep.

I'm going to post there right now re mushy stage :biggrin:

Where is it? can you link it to us?

I was told no on refried Beans, before surgery I thought it would be a great way to get Protein but they discouraged it for me. I'm pretty much still on full liquids til Tuesday with the exception of mushed up eggs and tuna for extra protein since the protein powder gives me an upset stomach and lands me in the potty for a while. I would love to have some black beans with pepperjack cheese, that was a favorite of mine before surgery.

Refried beans would be ok as long as you used the canned fat-free kind. Even black beans would be fine as long as they were low in fat and of course you could cook your own, just leave out the lard.

Going to doctor today for first post-op visit. I'm hoping he lets me return to work without restrictions soon. Next week will be 4 weeks post-op, so I don't see why not. Will let you guys know how it goes later. Take care.

Questions: Had surgery on the 17th. I am trying to get back to work but I am still feeling uncomfortable. What type of pain meds are you all on AFTER you stop taking the he heavy stuff like viocodin

I do ALOT of walking. I feel weak afterwards. Do you all recommend work yet.

Lastly, Gas is kicking my butt. I'm doing gas X. When was your first BM after surgery. I haven't had one.

What type of work do you do? I was banded day before you and I cannot imagine going back to work today. Do you have to do alot of bending or lifting? I gave up the pain meds, but they did say I could do tylenol if I needed it.

Be careful if you do decide to goto work :biggrin:

i was banded on 09/08 and i am still resting. i am due back to work later this week. i couldn't imagine having to go back a week later- you have to allow time to heal or you will set yourself back. i just started feeling 100% over the last 3 days- if you can take a couple of more days of rest and rest on the weekends as well.

take care