Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Pookiemp - I am also in FL, in the tampa area, where are you? The pre op diet is a great start to losing weight. In a week I have already lost 11 lbs. But my diet is Doctor ordered. It gets you ready for just liquids post op and helps change your eating habits. Good luck with your up coming surgery... I know I am getty really excited and can't wait!!!

Colorado - I hope you don't get any caffine headaches from the withdrawl...those are the worst. Are you going to have a big feast tonight? I know I did my last day of real food. Since you only have to do a few days hopefully the hunger won't hit you too bad. It hit me about days 3 - 5. Where all I could do was drool, but by your day 3 you will be going in for surgery... WOOO HOOO let that take over your thoughts from food! :w00t:

Audreysmommy - welcome to the september bandsters, I know how excited you are, I go in the next day after you and I can't wait!!! Are you doing a pre op diet? Here's praying all goes well for you and your family!!!

Soexcited - yes feel free to join in. It is a great little support group we have going here for all of us being banded in September.

There are a few people that have a 3 week diet. Do you have a fatty liver at all? That might be why. It really is up to the surgeon what they would like you to do. Mine just requires 2 weeks.

There are some that were not required to do any pre op diet.

Most surgeons ask it to help, shrink the liver, get you in the mindset to lose, help give you a jump start in losing, get you ready for just liquids post op for the 2 to 4 weeks.

Be strong and I am sure you can do it. I did not think I would make it, but here I am on day 8 and still alive. I won't lie the first few days are killers. Well more like days 3-5. But it does get easier, but I still crave food and want to eat. I just keep myself motivated knowing this will be best in the long run for me.

Think of things to keep you motivated during those 3 weeks. Some make a book of insperation, others start making lists of what they want to buy, or set goals. Blogging may also help. It has for me and also keeps me in check since I know other people are reading my blog to see what I am all doing and how it is going.

Anything you can find to help you do what you need to do and when you feel yourself slipping what to do to pick yourself back up.

I will say I have cheated a little on my pre op diet. Had a slice of cheese here or there, eaten just the egg whites of a hard boiled egg, and just once had a few bites of sausage...think that was on day 5 when it was the worst for me.

I wish you the best of luck and success at your weight loss goals.

To everyone else happy friday and the 1st is just around the corner and then we start getting banded.

I would love to start a Yahoo group where we can post and write, email each other so we can all keep up to date on our weight loss journey. So us end of august through september bandsters can stick together and help support each other through this time. Does not have to be on Yahoo but a group somewhere that we get emails etc that we can help each other out.

Might have to look into that today. :w00t:

Happy Friday everyone....

I can not get that cute ticker copied onto my signature, what am I doing wrong?

Answer -

Here is the link for a tutorial on how to add one -

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

:w00t:

Hi all & welcome new posters! Today is my last day of real food for a long time. Tomorrow I start my 3 days of clear liquid and I get my band on Tues. 9/1. I know there are a few of us Sept. 1 bandsters.

Anyway, I emailed the nutritionist asking if I could do the clear Isopure drinks, and she said nope, just broth, crystal light, sugar free Ocean Spray, sf Jello & popsicles. That is it. No coffee. No straining Soups, just plain broth. NO Protein at all! So I will be starving for sure, not to mention cranky from the caffeine detox. Am I the only one that has this sort of pre-op diet? At least it is only 3 days.

Good luck everyone & have a great weekend. :w00t:

That is harsh. I am only required a 5 day liquid diet, anything liquid as long as it has no chunks in it. But you will survive just try to keep yourself busy. We only have 4 days left. We can do it. :w00t:

Hi all & welcome new posters! Today is my last day of real food for a long time. Tomorrow I start my 3 days of clear liquid and I get my band on Tues. 9/1. I know there are a few of us Sept. 1 bandsters.

Anyway, I emailed the nutritionist asking if I could do the clear Isopure drinks, and she said nope, just broth, crystal light, sugar free Ocean Spray, sf Jello & popsicles. That is it. No coffee. No straining Soups, just plain broth. NO Protein at all! So I will be starving for sure, not to mention cranky from the caffeine detox. Am I the only one that has this sort of pre-op diet? At least it is only 3 days.

Good luck everyone & have a great weekend. :w00t:

Wow..you have it rough. I doubt very seriously that I could follow your strict rules. I hope you have something that will take your mind off of things...especially since we have the weekend to get through!

I am going to spend the weekend organizing my closet into sizes..>I have 24/22 all the way down to 14/12 in there..I figure if I do things that make me remember why I am not chewing all weekend it will go by faster.

I already detoxed myself on the caffeine, so I feel your pain about that one too...I don't think I could manage it all at the same time without killing someone.

Good luck......September is almost here!

Hi everyone! I am being banded in FL on September 23!! I am so excited to be sharing this journey with all of you! I have read this thread from page one!

I am 35 years old and over 300lbs. Time to take this insanity into my own hands and make it work for good this time!! I am so ready!!

I will be starting my preop diet soon although my Dr. doesn't MAKE you do one...he strongly recommends one.

YAY for all of us!!!

Robyn

:w00t:

I am a Florida girl too...welcome and good luck!

Well four more days to go! I had the wierdest dream last night about going having go to Mexico for Dr. Snow to do my surgery and I woke up a little disoriented thinking that I was hungry and could only have Clear Liquids being right out of surgery, but quickly I realized wait I haven't had surgery yet so I can have a Protein Shake, Wohoo! Crazy, I know. Well I worked out again today for an hour today. I have only lost 2 lbs this week which is ok but at first I was disappointed because I had lost so much last week, but I realized that my body would finally balance out and not let me lose so much at a time. So as long as I keep up the two pounds a week, I'll be happy. So four days to go! I found out this morning that I have to be at the surgery center at 0830 Tuesday morning. So I will post a message when I get home that day to let you know how it goes. Talk to you all soon and keep up the great work. Bye.

Edited by AmandakRangel
added info

I on day 5 of my pre-op diet, get banded on the 4th if all goes well..

I must be the only Insulin dependent diabetic on here getting banded in Sept as I have ask several questions directly related to the insulin and have gotten no replies.

It is getting harder to control my sugars, I have morning fasting numbers over 175, and I have NEVER in 6 years of being on insulin had numbers like this...I stay within 80-100 all day!

Wish I could get answers as to why this happening. I am eating less than 1,000 cal. a day with only 1 meal being FOOD...the rest is all Protein Shakes, Jello, yogurt and pudding..ALL sugar free of course!

Anyone else nervous?:w00t:

I on day 5 of my pre-op diet, get banded on the 4th if all goes well..

I must be the only Insulin dependent diabetic on here getting banded in Sept as I have ask several questions directly related to the insulin and have gotten no replies.

It is getting harder to control my sugars, I have morning fasting numbers over 175, and I have NEVER in 6 years of being on insulin had numbers like this...I stay within 80-100 all day!

Wish I could get answers as to why this happening. I am eating less than 1,000 cal. a day with only 1 meal being FOOD...the rest is all Protein Shakes, Jello, yogurt and pudding..ALL sugar free of course!

Anyone else nervous?:w00t:

I am not a diabetic but being a nurse I think that the best person to ask that question would be your doctor. I mean it could be the stress of the new diet, I know that sometimes I have patient's that their sugar's go all out of whack, just from stress of being in the hospital. The best bet would be to ask your surgeon or the nutritionist. Best of luck!:w00t:

hi ya'll .......I just found out that my date was moved up, I'm so super excited I can not contain myself. It was October 6 now it's Sept 9.............RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER OMG!!!!!! I sure hope that I have a change by the time I go to visit my family for Christmas...........

Pookiemp - I am also in FL, in the tampa area, where are you? The pre op diet is a great start to losing weight. In a week I have already lost 11 lbs. But my diet is Doctor ordered. It gets you ready for just liquids post op and helps change your eating habits. Good luck with your up coming surgery... I know I am getty really excited and can't wait!!!

I am in the West Palm Beach area. I am having surgery at JFK medical in Lake Worth with Dr. Larson!! I am so excited and can't wait myself!!

I am going to do the pre op diet even though not required!

So glad we have this group to keep track of each other!!

Michelle - Where are you in Florida?

Hello - my surgery date is Sept 18 2009 - can't wait - 3 1/2 weeks to go.

YAYAYAYAYAY! Im right there with you! found out today that my surgery date is Sept 18th to at 830am. I am soooo pumped, but nervous to!!!!

hi ya'll .......I just found out that my date was moved up, I'm so super excited I can not contain myself. It was October 6 now it's Sept 9.............RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER OMG!!!!!! I sure hope that I have a change by the time I go to visit my family for Christmas...........

that is awesome!! I am so happy for you :w00t: you are having yours the day after mine..its been a long wait but its almost here :w00t:

i had my last pre-op visit today, and everything is set for surgery on Tuesday. i can't wait!!

Wow..you have it rough. I doubt very seriously that I could follow your strict rules. I hope you have something that will take your mind off of things...especially since we have the weekend to get through!

I am going to spend the weekend organizing my closet into sizes..>I have 24/22 all the way down to 14/12 in there..I figure if I do things that make me remember why I am not chewing all weekend it will go by faster.

I already detoxed myself on the caffeine, so I feel your pain about that one too...I don't think I could manage it all at the same time without killing someone.

Good luck......September is almost here!

I will have this diet but only for one day the rest is just low carb......however i am planning to do like I did today, eggs with some cheddar cheese for Breakfast, no sugar added carnation instant breakfast for lunch, salad, and chicken broth and a sugar free yogurt for dinner...........

Colorado - I hope you don't get any caffine headaches from the withdrawl...those are the worst. Are you going to have a big feast tonight? I know I did my last day of real food. Since you only have to do a few days hopefully the hunger won't hit you too bad. It hit me about days 3 - 5. Where all I could do was drool, but by your day 3 you will be going in for surgery... WOOO HOOO let that take over your thoughts from food! :w00t:

Blogging may also help. It has for me and also keeps me in check since I know other people are reading my blog to see what I am all doing and how it is going.

I would love to start a Yahoo group where we can post and write, email each other so we can all keep up to date on our weight loss journey. So us end of august through september bandsters can stick together and help support each other through this time. Does not have to be on Yahoo but a group somewhere that we get emails etc that we can help each other out.

Might have to look into that today. :w00t:

Happy Friday everyone....

Hi Cortney. Thanks for the thoughts. I am sure I will have a huge caffeine headache! That does not worry me as much as the hunger....But you know people fast for 3 days all the time. True story: I just saw my regular doctor today (not the band surgeon), and was telling him about the clear liquid fast and he said, "Oh, great, I do 3 day fasts every once in a while. In fact I just did one this week - green apples and water." Like it was no big deal and a normal part of life! Well, I guess that is why he is like 160 and I am like...um, more than that.

I will have to check out your blog. I started blogging 2 weeks ago and, to my surprise, really enjoy it. Come by some time. I Heart the Band

I think the Yahoo or whatever group would be great! I am just clueless about setting up these things.

Oh, btw, I am totally going out tonight for the Last Supper. It will be a nice restaurant and I am ordering every course plus a bottle of wine! :w00t:

I'll check in from the clear liquid world tomorrow.....:w00t: